Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com Insider - Kretz: 'Skins can stop Pats' trio of WRs

skinsfannyc76

Why wouldn't Springs cover Moss?

Don't read anything into that.

This is pure speculation by the writer of this article. I'm pretty sure Coach Williams didn't give this guy a copy of his gameplan for the Patriots. :)

R. Moss, likes to spend a lot of time downfield, being the WR that stretches the defense.

Which means, no matter which CB covers him, he will see a LOT of "the Grim Reaper". :)

Don't read anything into that.

This is pure speculation by the writer of this article. I'm pretty sure Coach Williams didn't give this guy a copy of his gameplan for the Patriots. :)

R. Moss, likes to spend a lot of time downfield, being the WR that stretches the defense.

Which means, no matter which CB covers him, he will see a LOT of "the Grim Reaper". :)

Rogers on Welker,Smoot on Stallworth and Springs on Moss and let our safeties blast off on who gets it!

Agree. Stallworth has made two good physical plays the past couple of weeks throwing off would be tacklers. The message from Area 51 needs to be sent early...anything that will be caught, comes with a price.

Rogers on Welker,Smoot on Stallworth and Springs on Moss and let our safeties blast off on who gets it!

Agree. Stallworth has made two good physical plays the past couple of weeks throwing off would be tacklers. The message from Area 51 needs to be sent early...anything that will be caught, comes with a price.

It is a copywrite violation and against the rules of this site to copy the article from another source. You can copy a small snippet with a link. If someone needs access to the article, they'll have to do whatever the site requires.

way to follow the rules...I am sure ESPN is in financial trouble because everyone shares there insider reports...thank god!!

It is a copywrite violation and against the rules of this site to copy the article from another source. You can copy a small snippet with a link. If someone needs access to the article, they'll have to do whatever the site requires.

way to follow the rules...I am sure ESPN is in financial trouble because everyone shares there insider reports...thank god!!

All together now.....

With hopefully Taylor covering Moss over the top.

If Rogers covers Moss it won't matter if Taylor covers over the top. Rogers will give Moss his 10 yard cusion and he'll just rack up YAC. Springs could do a better job at jamming Moss at the line.

All together now.....

With hopefully Taylor covering Moss over the top.

If Rogers covers Moss it won't matter if Taylor covers over the top. Rogers will give Moss his 10 yard cusion and he'll just rack up YAC. Springs could do a better job at jamming Moss at the line.

"All three have the ability to be shutdown corners and they all have size, speed, quickness and the ability to read a wide receiver's body language."

wow...I love carlos...but those are some HIGHHHHH praises....to call him not only good...but SHUTDOWN (ex. Champ Bailey)....is a BOLD statement..

"All three have the ability to be shutdown corners and they all have size, speed, quickness and the ability to read a wide receiver's body language."

wow...I love carlos...but those are some HIGHHHHH praises....to call him not only good...but SHUTDOWN (ex. Champ Bailey)....is a BOLD statement..

Hopefully that translates into them not being able to broadcast anymore NFL games. Their coverage is the worst ever, for a so-called sports network, their coverage of Live sports is the worst on the planet. They should stick to the news and talk shows and put MNF and the rest in a coffin.

Go back to covering Paintball, Billiards and the Rock, Paper Scissors Championships and put Kornheiser back on PTI. He has no business in the booth.:2cents:

Hopefully that translates into them not being able to broadcast anymore NFL games. Their coverage is the worst ever, for a so-called sports network, their coverage of Live sports is the worst on the planet. They should stick to the news and talk shows and put MNF and the rest in a coffin.

Go back to covering Paintball, Billiards and the Rock, Paper Scissors Championships and put Kornheiser back on PTI. He has no business in the booth.:2cents:

Why would we put our worst CB on Moss???

Unless they're figuring Taylor will bring on the double coverage. Rogers is better at stuffing the WR at the line of scrimmage, where Smoot is almost invisible.

You just answered your own question. :)

Randy Moss has always struggled the most when pressed and bumped at the line of scrimmage. He has trouble when teams play him physically. Obviously, since we'll be playing plenty of Cover 2, Taylor will be over top of him almost all the time. I think allowing Rogers to be physical with him will be great for us as a defense.

Because we'll be playing a lot of zone and because whoever is covering him will have safety help over the top. Moss isn't going to beat us running great routes and getting separation over the short middle......Welker is out of the slot and Springs is the best equipped to handle that coverage responsibility because of his awareness and experience. Dating back to 04 we've always like to use Springs in the slot in nickle situations. This year, on just about EVERY nickle defense I've seen us bring, it's been with Springs pressing the guy in the slot. I imagine we'll be doing a lot of 8 man coverages, with a DL dropping back taking Springs' slot responsiblities in the Cover 2 so that Springs is freed up to play Welker man on man out of the slot.

I'm starting to feel really good about this game, I can't wait to see it. This could turn out to be a critical turning point in Gibbs 2.0 if we can find a way to pull off the win. The confidence built in doing that could take us a long, long way. I think we'll find a way to do it. :2cents:

Why would we put our worst CB on Moss???

Unless they're figuring Taylor will bring on the double coverage. Rogers is better at stuffing the WR at the line of scrimmage, where Smoot is almost invisible.

Randy Moss has always struggled the most when pressed and bumped at the line of scrimmage. He has trouble when teams play him physically. Obviously, since we'll be playing plenty of Cover 2, Taylor will be over top of him almost all the time. I think allowing Rogers to be physical with him will be great for us as a defense.

Because we'll be playing a lot of zone and because whoever is covering him will have safety help over the top. Moss isn't going to beat us running great routes and getting separation over the short middle......Welker is out of the slot and Springs is the best equipped to handle that coverage responsibility because of his awareness and experience. Dating back to 04 we've always like to use Springs in the slot in nickle situations. This year, on just about EVERY nickle defense I've seen us bring, it's been with Springs pressing the guy in the slot. I imagine we'll be doing a lot of 8 man coverages, with a DL dropping back taking Springs' slot responsiblities in the Cover 2 so that Springs is freed up to play Welker man on man out of the slot.

I'm starting to feel really good about this game, I can't wait to see it. This could turn out to be a critical turning point in Gibbs 2.0 if we can find a way to pull off the win. The confidence built in doing that could take us a long, long way. I think we'll find a way to do it. :2cents:

I like the article, but if Rogers is on Moss one on one we are in trouble

You guys are stuck in years gone by. :)

Rogers is having a spectacular year and has yet to let someone get by him deep. He's shaping into one of the league's better CBs. Also, I don't think we'll be seeing very many situations where we are bringing pressure so regardless of who's lined up over him directly, chances are Sean Taylor will be watching him deep, too.

I like the article, but if Rogers is on Moss one on one we are in trouble

You guys are stuck in years gone by. :)

Rogers is having a spectacular year and has yet to let someone get by him deep. He's shaping into one of the league's better CBs. Also, I don't think we'll be seeing very many situations where we are bringing pressure so regardless of who's lined up over him directly, chances are Sean Taylor will be watching him deep, too.

Nice Post. Agreed

Nice Post. Agreed

I'm not sure about the glowing comments regarding the cornerbacks. We watched Green Bay's corners decimate the Skins. I think we have good corners, but not great corners.

Did they really? I seem to remember our WRs being open all over the place but dropping balls left and right. Not to mention B Lloyd had a TD if JC puts a little less on that one pass.

Archived