Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com Insider - Kretz: 'Skins can stop Pats' trio of WRs

skinsfannyc76

It is a copywrite violation and against the rules of this site to copy the article from another source. You can copy a small snippet with a link. If someone needs access to the article, they'll have to do whatever the site requires.

:laugh: :jerk:

It is a copywrite violation and against the rules of this site to copy the article from another source. You can copy a small snippet with a link. If someone needs access to the article, they'll have to do whatever the site requires.

:laugh: :jerk:

Sheesh. Calm down, Matlock. :doh:

Sheesh. Calm down, Matlock. :doh:

Hey Gang...new poster here...have read a lot but never commented before!

I was listening to the John Riggins show the other day and he mentioned that Rogers often gets help over the top anyway. It make sense to continue that same format. Those guys believe whichever side Moss lines up on is going to help.

:gaintsuck

Hey Gang...new poster here...have read a lot but never commented before!

I was listening to the John Riggins show the other day and he mentioned that Rogers often gets help over the top anyway. It make sense to continue that same format. Those guys believe whichever side Moss lines up on is going to help.

:gaintsuck

Like they say, it's never as good or as bad as it seems. Taylor's strongest football attributes are his abilites as a deep field, ballhawking safety.....that's what he's good at. In 06 (and somewhat in 05 as well) Taylor was trying too hard to do to many things. He had to cover for the weak coverage of the players around him. He had to fill for Warrick "push me ten yards back every run play" Holdman in the running game. The lack of quality parts around him contributed heavily to his being out of position. There was just too much that needed to be covered and the opposing offense would take the spot Taylor didn't cover. They still didn't throw at him much.

This year, we're healthy and deep at CB. Carter and the youngins at DT "as well as Wilson and Evans at the ends) and Griffin are all playing well and getting pressure. Fletcher is getting everyone in position and tipping them as to what's coming. McIntosh is a HUGE, HUGE upgrade over Warrick Holdman......HUGE. We have so much more speed, smarts and athleticism in around him that he's able to just concentrate on his responsibility and make plays. Now, he still does occasionally get out of position and gets caught spying the short stuff or spying the play fake, relying on his overwhelming athleticism but to date, they haven't been able to make us pay for it.....primarily because of good pressure from the front 4. Now that there's adequate talent around him, just like in 04, we're seeing how good he can truly be.

Could not have said that any better myself. Well said my brother!! :cheers: :applause:

Like they say, it's never as good or as bad as it seems. Taylor's strongest football attributes are his abilites as a deep field, ballhawking safety.....that's what he's good at. In 06 (and somewhat in 05 as well) Taylor was trying too hard to do to many things. He had to cover for the weak coverage of the players around him. He had to fill for Warrick "push me ten yards back every run play" Holdman in the running game. The lack of quality parts around him contributed heavily to his being out of position. There was just too much that needed to be covered and the opposing offense would take the spot Taylor didn't cover. They still didn't throw at him much.

This year, we're healthy and deep at CB. Carter and the youngins at DT "as well as Wilson and Evans at the ends) and Griffin are all playing well and getting pressure. Fletcher is getting everyone in position and tipping them as to what's coming. McIntosh is a HUGE, HUGE upgrade over Warrick Holdman......HUGE. We have so much more speed, smarts and athleticism in around him that he's able to just concentrate on his responsibility and make plays. Now, he still does occasionally get out of position and gets caught spying the short stuff or spying the play fake, relying on his overwhelming athleticism but to date, they haven't been able to make us pay for it.....primarily because of good pressure from the front 4. Now that there's adequate talent around him, just like in 04, we're seeing how good he can truly be.

Could not have said that any better myself. Well said my brother!! :cheers: :applause:

We should put Rogers on Moss...Springs can't run with Moss and Smoot isn't physical enough...

Moss only runs 4 routes...A Fly, Post, comeback or a slant...Rogers with Taylor helping over the top can nullify him...Springs can jam Stallworth at the line and slow him down...It's Welker that I'm worried about...

We should put Rogers on Moss...Springs can't run with Moss and Smoot isn't physical enough...

Moss only runs 4 routes...A Fly, Post, comeback or a slant...Rogers with Taylor helping over the top can nullify him...Springs can jam Stallworth at the line and slow him down...It's Welker that I'm worried about...

Why would we put our worst CB on Moss???

Unless they're figuring Taylor will bring on the double coverage. Rogers is better at stuffing the WR at the line of scrimmage, where Smoot is almost invisible.

We're not, we're putting him on Welker

our best corner is going against Moss

Why would we put our worst CB on Moss???

Unless they're figuring Taylor will bring on the double coverage. Rogers is better at stuffing the WR at the line of scrimmage, where Smoot is almost invisible.

We're not, we're putting him on Welker

our best corner is going against Moss

So far this season, every time we've gone to our nickel package, I've seen Springs lined up in the slot. Smoot will probably spend most of his time in the game on the outside, we like Springs better there because his recognition, smarts and physicality are very well suited to shutting down the slot receiver.

So far this season, every time we've gone to our nickel package, I've seen Springs lined up in the slot. Smoot will probably spend most of his time in the game on the outside, we like Springs better there because his recognition, smarts and physicality are very well suited to shutting down the slot receiver.

Rogers on Welker,Smoot on Stallworth and Springs on Moss and let our safeties blast off on who gets it!

I like this matchup. For some reason I really feel more comfortable with Springs on Moss with Taylor over the top. Rogers can handle Welker IMO, and Smoot can clamp Stallworth.

Rogers on Welker,Smoot on Stallworth and Springs on Moss and let our safeties blast off on who gets it!

I like this matchup. For some reason I really feel more comfortable with Springs on Moss with Taylor over the top. Rogers can handle Welker IMO, and Smoot can clamp Stallworth.

Archived