Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington among top ten cities in a sports slump (The Danny is mentioned)

SKINZ33

And after all this misery, we still came in at #7 and not #1,2,3 or 4 :silly: .

But for real, I see the Nationals on the rise, and Acta is doing a great job.

The Wizards will be better this year IMO, especially if Arenas surgically repaired knee holds up and he gets back in stride.

Forget about our hockey team, they seem to get good players every several years but somehow coaching just sucks.

The verdict is still out on the redskins, and even I'm scratching my head.

The United is still a good team, and has recent success with multiple trophies.

The best team this year to do anything IMO is the Wizards, and next year the Nationals. The year after, I say the Skins.

Holla

And after all this misery, we still came in at #7 and not #1,2,3 or 4 :silly: .

But for real, I see the Nationals on the rise, and Acta is doing a great job.

The Wizards will be better this year IMO, especially if Arenas surgically repaired knee holds up and he gets back in stride.

Forget about our hockey team, they seem to get good players every several years but somehow coaching just sucks.

The verdict is still out on the redskins, and even I'm scratching my head.

The United is still a good team, and has recent success with multiple trophies.

The best team this year to do anything IMO is the Wizards, and next year the Nationals. The year after, I say the Skins.

Holla

The Wizards...

* Traded Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland

* Traded Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond and decided to keep Juwan Howard

* Traded Ben Wallace and 3 others for Ike Austin

* Ran Rip Hamilton out of town for Christian Leattner

WTF???

It would be like the Skins getting rid of a Superbowl caliber QB for Jeff George or something.

At least we had Michael Jordan and Deion Sanders:doh:

I'd say its' a drought. Someone get me a beer.

The Wizards...

WTF???

It would be like the Skins getting rid of a Superbowl caliber QB for Jeff George or something.

The Wizards...

WTF???

Yea... you do realize that that was the '90s and this is 2007, right? The Wizards actually have a competent GM now, a star in Arenas, and have been in the playoffs the last three years running.

ALSO

I'm surprised noone has mentioned DC as a College Basketball hotspot. My Hoyas reached the sweet sixteen two years ago and then the Final Four last year; they just recruited the #1 overall high school player in the country, and should be here to stay. Although I don't like Maryland, they had a run a few years ago and George Mason obviously made a fluke trip to the Final Four. I'd say DC is solid in basketball as a whole...

That said, I'd like for us to win some championships -particularly the 'Skins and the Hoyas. It's been too long.

The Wizards...

WTF???

Yea... you do realize that that was the '90s and this is 2007, right? The Wizards actually have a competent GM now, a star in Arenas, and have been in the playoffs the last three years running.

ALSO

I'm surprised noone has mentioned DC as a College Basketball hotspot. My Hoyas reached the sweet sixteen two years ago and then the Final Four last year; they just recruited the #1 overall high school player in the country, and should be here to stay. Although I don't like Maryland, they had a run a few years ago and George Mason obviously made a fluke trip to the Final Four. I'd say DC is solid in basketball as a whole...

That said, I'd like for us to win some championships -particularly the 'Skins and the Hoyas. It's been too long.

We all know the basketball team won't do anything.

Thankfully there is D.C. United and the Redskins.

Oh, come on. Arenas and co. have a legitimate shot of making the finals this year. If healthy they would've taken Cleveland (the Eastern Conference Champions) out in the first round this past season.

We all know the basketball team won't do anything.

Thankfully there is D.C. United and the Redskins.

Oh, come on. Arenas and co. have a legitimate shot of making the finals this year. If healthy they would've taken Cleveland (the Eastern Conference Champions) out in the first round this past season.

Odd how little some seem to know about the wizards... they're easily one of the best teams in the Eastern conference and were beaten by injuries more then anything else last season. The days of them being the laughing stock of the league are long gone.

The skins have sucked for the most part. Arguing otherwise is hard coming off a 5-11 season and not having put back to back good seasons together in a long time.

Caps make me sick. I'm waiting for them to trade the latest crop of young talent for a box of donuts (because donuts accept less pay).

DCU is the ****. I love DC soccer and enjoy the hell out of it. Best sports ticket in town for the bang you can get for the buck.

Nats... who cares about baseball, I can't even force myself to check the score for the world series.

Odd how little some seem to know about the wizards... they're easily one of the best teams in the Eastern conference and were beaten by injuries more then anything else last season. The days of them being the laughing stock of the league are long gone.

The skins have sucked for the most part. Arguing otherwise is hard coming off a 5-11 season and not having put back to back good seasons together in a long time.

Caps make me sick. I'm waiting for them to trade the latest crop of young talent for a box of donuts (because donuts accept less pay).

DCU is the ****. I love DC soccer and enjoy the hell out of it. Best sports ticket in town for the bang you can get for the buck.

Nats... who cares about baseball, I can't even force myself to check the score for the world series.

This is probobly the most woeful sports city there is right now(out of the major markets). To be a sports fan in this area is tough. The Nats and Orioles are horrible year in and year out. The Capitals were good for one year, and not many people care about hockey anyway. The Wizards have been good for 2 years, after years of being horrible. The Redskins have made the playoffs once in a blue moon. The only team in this area that has been a steady contender, would be DC United, and not that many people watch soccer.

Meanwhile, NY has perenial top teams, as does Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, etc etc. Bostonians are spoiled. Theyve got the Red Sox and the Patriots.

Archived