Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Defense Weakening? SKINS CAN WIN! (Positive NEW Info...)

Ellis

People around here ASSUME that the Pats are going to put up a big score this week on the Redskins. They think they are going to out physical the Skins with Harrison and his dirty forearms. Noone and I mean NOONE is even considering the Skins to be in the same league as the Pats. I hope Washington watches the film on the Dallas game and how Barber attacked the defense. This week's gameplan should be to attack, attack and attack some more. The Skins have nothing to lose. Open the playbook and go for broke. On defense be PHYSICAL and punish those receivers. If your gonna lose make sure the other team knows they were in a scrap. No more three yard passes on third and five in the fourth quarter. Throw the ball down the field. If Moss isn't healthy, put Lloyd in. Everyone talks about him being a lockerroom cancer, but I thought his blog during training camp was interesting. He sounded like a team guy to me. The Patriots Humiliated The Skins 41-0 in the preseason last year. I hope coach Gibbs has a long memory. I do.

If we 24-28 points and have no turnovers we should win. The more physical team playing flawless, should win. It's football, run the ball, play great dfense and make no mistakes and you win. They are a more talented team, no doubt. We are a tougher team with a better defense. The Redskins play up to or down to the level of their competition, it's what is so frustrating and why all of our games are close. This game will be no different. It's not like they are bigger and tougher than us and they will intimidate us. Quite the opposite. We are from what I have seen a violent team maybe the most violent team. We are a team with a nasty disposition. Bottom line is we could win this game and we are a team that can also lose to the cards.

Heh.

279 total points.

The 'Skins have scored only 122. Granted, we've played one less game. However, their margin of victory is 22.7 pts. In the 'Skins 4 victories the margin of victory is a meager 11 pts, more than half that of the Patriots.

Geez, New England has scored no less than 34 points in 60 minutes this season. If their defense has been getting worse, their offense has, conversely, gotten better.

If the 'Skins can keep them under 28 points it will be a victory regardless of the outcome. Really, if the defense can keep them to 4TD's, I have to think a healthy 'Skins offense would have been able to make a game of it..:2cents:

Come on people.. DEFENSE wins games.. Remember back in 2003, Super Bowl XXXVII Oakland Raiders Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers.. Oakland was an offensive jaggernaut and Tampa Bay was a beast on defense..? Great defense usually beats great offense. Case closed. Don't ask why. Just accept it and move on.

Let me put you back in time..

The Super Bowl was a nightmare by halftime for the Oakland Raiders -- and then Coach Chucky's horror show got even worse.

Defense did 'em in, baby! And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't need much more.

Head coach Jon Gruden and his Bucs won their first NFL championship Sunday, routing the Oakland Raiders 48-21 in the first matchup of best offense vs. best defense.

The Tampa Bay defense won by a mile, returning three of a record five interceptions for touchdowns and shutting down any hope the Raiders had of a late comeback.

"There was nothing they could do to us," Bucs defensive tackle Warren Sapp said. "Nothing."

It was especially sweet for the former NFL laughingstock, a team that lost its first 26 games after it started playing in 1976 in those garish orange uniforms. Oakland quarterback Rich Gannon hardly looked like the NFL's MVP.

I hope this boost some morale with all Redskin fans that just gave up with our team. We haven't played the Patriots yet and you already guaranteed a LOSE.. Its David Vs Goliath baby... Its gonna be a good game..

DEFENSE WILL WIN..:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I agree with you. Everytime a great offense matched up against a great defense, defense won. All the Redskins have to do is play hard and do what they've been doing on defense. New England hasn't faced a top 5 or top ten defense this year so far. I would probably think Dallas defense was the best, and they are not that great.

Damn Ellis. You try and make a positive thread and the "I have a loser mentality" folks try to poo all over it.

****'em

We're gonna win this game. Here's how...

Throw Early, Run Late

The Patty's are gonna put 8 in the box from jump street. They are gonna dare Jason to beat them. Unfortunately for them, those long passes we've had dropped/overthrown are going to find their mark.

Yeah, Moss will score two. But it will be San-****in'-tana Moss!

After they drop that 8th guy out of the box, CP will get his first 100yd game of the year. And, a score.

Get Brady

Brady, just like every other QB, doesn't like to get hit. Marcus Washington will make an immediate impact with his return. We're gonna hit Brady, a lot. Might even take a flag or two. Nothing cheap, but the refs will be out to protect the golden boy. The NFL wants NE and the Colts to be undefeated when they meet. **** them too. If Brady doesn't play the whole game, it won't be because they've got a big lead. We're gonna rough him up.

There Really Is An Area 51

Randy Moss has never hurt us, that I can remember, and he won't start now. He is brittle. We will remind him of that. Stallworth too. I'd be more worried about Welker, but with Brady on his ass, that problem is solved as well.

Sean gets his first TD of the year.

Attitude

We're gonna have a bad one. Bad, as in good. Sometimes, when told how bad you're gonna get whipped, you just lay down and take your whippin'. Like so many have in this thread. They give up before they even try. That's what losers do. Our guys are gonna bust NE in the mouth, and see what happens.

Goliath, meet David.

Great positive post and is exactly what the skins need to keep hope alive for playing this game. I live in Boston and if you listen to some of the talk radio heads they act like the Pats are 3-4. They agree w/ you that the weakness is the defense but they also seem to think that the Pats have only played one decent defense and that was the Browns which shadows alot of their defensive weaknesess allowing the offense to lead the team (i.e. letting Moss behind you as a DB is just idocy).

OT

Is every New England sports fan as spoiled as they seem?

Damn Ellis. You try and make a positive thread and the "I have a loser mentality" folks try to poo all over it.

****'em

We're gonna win this game. Here's how...

Throw Early, Run Late

The Patty's are gonna put 8 in the box from jump street. They are gonna dare Jason to beat them. Unfortunately for them, those long passes we've had dropped/overthrown are going to find their mark.

Yeah, Moss will score two. But it will be San-****in'-tana Moss!

After they drop that 8th guy out of the box, CP will get his first 100yd game of the year. And, a score.

Get Brady

Brady, just like every other QB, doesn't like to get hit. Marcus Washington will make an immediate impact with his return. We're gonna hit Brady, a lot. Might even take a flag or two. Nothing cheap, but the refs will be out to protect the golden boy. The NFL wants NE and the Colts to be undefeated when they meet. **** them too. If Brady doesn't play the whole game, it won't be because they've got a big lead. We're gonna rough him up.

There Really Is An Area 51

Randy Moss has never hurt us, that I can remember, and he won't start now. He is brittle. We will remind him of that. Stallworth too. I'd be more worried about Welker, but with Brady on his ass, that problem is solved as well.

Sean gets his first TD of the year.

Attitude

We're gonna have a bad one. Bad, as in good. Sometimes, when told how bad you're gonna get whipped, you just lay down and take your whippin'. Like so many have in this thread. They give up before they even try. That's what losers do. Our guys are gonna bust NE in the mouth, and see what happens.

Goliath, meet David.

Agree with all of that.

I will add one though.

ADJUST - This coaching staff is not going to be able to go in with a gameplan and stick with it if it is not working. They are going to have to change it up at halftime and adjust on the fly. The Pats coaches are too good too stay in the same D and the same Offensive philosophy for the whole game.

I have faith. :point2sky

Too many fans here are running scared and are positive that we will lose. I can't do it. :)

Thats why they flip the coin folks, 2 teams show up and only 1 walks away with a W. I am hoping we are on the W side. :cheers:

Every team is beatable, for all we know Brady could have the worst game of his career next sunday. Anything can happen

cliche'

Any Given Sunday

Not me.The Skins will play hard but its not going to matter.The Pats have a great offense and a a good defense. Redskins have a sloppy hurt offense and a better defense.Problem is they wear out in the 4th quarter. Unless we let JC throw down field and get into the defenses head The skins wont stand a chance.Hands of stone Carlos and His side kicks will drop balls at least twice.Offense must control the clock and let the defense catch its breath for the second half.Three and outs wont cut it with this game. Contol the clock,Sack Brady,Cut Moss and if they play hard they may get lucky.Dont hold your breath!! One Skin will make a play and act stupid and cost themselves the game!! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I know one thing, I would like to be a fly n the wall when JG gives his pre-game speech..... we're still a week away and already 17 pt underdogs.... The patriots are good that's for sure but everyone already acts like they've won... Please???? Let's get some focus here people.... They haven't given up, I think they're looking forward to this game as much as we are.....

Let's give'm hell

HTTR

I love all the positivity in this thread!! You guys are feelin' the vibe! Keep it going!

If the Skins get up on a lead at any point in the game, I believe that the Offense will rally. They've given up leads all year. NOT THIS TIME!

Redskins LOVE being the underdogs. They thrive on it. We had a beat up squad in 2005 at 5-6.. and we ran the table.

I feel like this is a big challenge and EVERYONE on that offense has a chip on their shoulder that has been magnified 10 fold after the Cardinals game. They know they can do better. And they will.

Patriots are facing a trap game. Their coaching staff is TOO smart to allow them to look past the Redskins to Indy. But we've got the upper hand in this one. We're expected to lose. Therefore, we have no pressure to win. patriots do.

Do you guys honestly think that Gregg Williams isn't drooling at the chance to take on the Patriots offense? I bet that man hasn't slept a day formulating ideas and schemes for that team. And you KNOW players like taylor, fletcher, carter, landry, rogers and McIntosh are itching to get a chance to take on a top offense.

This game is going to be SO huge. Even if we lose, that margin of victory will be by maybe 7 points. THAT will say more than a patriots win could ever say.

Archived