Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Cards move to 3rd starting QB

tr1

Rattay to get his shot after Arizona loses 2 starters in 2 games

KENT SOMERS The Associated Press

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/65970.php

The Arizona Republic

GLENDALE - The Arizona Cardinals could have requested a group rate for the MRI machine Monday, and their latest starting quarterback has yet to celebrate his one-week anniversary with the team.

Yet, the mood was surprisingly upbeat considering the Cardinals lost a starting quarterback and a game the day before.

"Guys still believe we can win," receiver Anq[uan Boldin said. "There's nobody hanging their heads in this locker room, because when it's all said and done, we feel like we'll be in the playoffs."

There is much to be said and done in the meantime, however. The Cardinals must figure out how to score points after losing a quarterback in each of the past two games.

Kurt Warner underwent an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of the injury to his left elbow, which knocked him out of Sunday's loss to Carolina in the first quarter. Warner said Sunday night that he has torn ligaments but was hopeful of returning within a few weeks time.

The MRI results will determine the validity of Warner's optimism, and they weren't available on Monday. Warner's health became of paramount importance after Matt Leinart suffered a season-ending fractured collarbone the week before. Tim Rattay signed last Tuesday and played most of the Carolina game, completing 12 of 24 passes for 159 yards. The Panthers intercepted three of his passes in the fourth quarter, but two of them should have been caught by Cardinals receivers.

If we play like we did last week, then they can have Joe Sixpack from the street under center and still pull one out. If you drop passes, and put the ball on the ground your chances of winning vanish like a bag of popcorn at T.O.'s house. :rolleyes:

This game has "TRAP" written all over it... Hopefully the 'Skins don't take it lightly and lay a whoopin' on 'em.

Trap? nah I don't agree , trap games are for good teams and right now we are very average , if we lose this game I doubt it will be because it was a trap game rather than being bad on offense again ^ ^ either way we have to get it together ^ ^ :point2sky

This game has "TRAP" written all over it... Hopefully the 'Skins don't take it lightly and lay a whoopin' on 'em.

Trap?

The Cards are 3-3 and we're coming off one of the most disappointing losses in Gibbs tenure and our best WR turned in his worst football game ever.

If this team is playoff bound like we hope they are, they're gonna be focused and stomp the Cards.

Tim Rattay against our #1 Defense in the NFC... and only 2 Pass TD's given up by us all year.

We better win.

If it's a close game, I won't think any less of the Skins. Even with a 3rd string QB, no NFL team is a push over.

I'll still probably include the Skins in my parlay this weekend.

It'll be a close game, unless the defense scores a lot of points.

With the O-Line in the shape it's in, I see a lot of three and outs...unfortunately. :(

IMO our defense shouldn't give up more than 3-7 points. I don't see any reason to think that is far fetched either. AZ can't run the ball well with that line, and now they can't throw as well as they were, and even if they could, if Detriot and Green Bay couldn't pass on us AZ isn't going to.

The AZ defense isn't what it used to be, and by that I mean they actually have talent this season. I don't like the prospect of our already low scoring offense going in there with Moss ****ing up, Portis still banged up, and 3/5 of our line MIA.

Archived