Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking at the Glass Half Full

bubba9497

yep, that half has been covered in about 100 other threads posted since the game ended

as BK said, the point is we haven't been beaten or blown out by another team, we have beaten ourselves.. and that is correctable

just giving a different prospective and something positive to balance out all the negativity.....

things are never as good as they appear, and are never as bad as they appear either, and as a whole we tend to dwell way too much on the outcome of a single game as if it is the deciding factor for how our season will end... instead of the reality it is one sixteenth, and the season has to play out.

THANK YOU! DING DING DING! We have a winner.

This is a "positive thread" Say it with me kids "Pah-si-tiv"

You want to bash and whine? Do it on one of the other hundred negative threads that Bubbah mentions

Thanks for the post bubba, and for some strange reason, I'm not on the edge of the cliff after this game. I have faith in Buges to shore up our O-line (maybe they can lure big Ray out of retirement lol) and Santana and Clinton will play lights out the rest of the season. 2 of our biggest question marks coming into the season- our green QB and questionable defense- have been outstanding thus far. This is a team on the rise, and I'm embarassed about the knee-jerk reaction of a lot of the so-called "Fans" on this board.

In 2005, how did we start?

3-2.

How bad were those 2 losses?

2 pts (Denver) and 7 points (Kansas City).

I don't think too many would complain about another season like '05. We still have 11 games to play, and we have the talent to go 10-6 or better!

:logo:
And this is a better team than the 05 team. why you ask?

Jason Campbell!

Once we get Thomas back we'll all see what this offense is truely capable of.

i have to imagine that Thomas will be IRed after yesterday, especially if Wade or Rabach's injuries will keep them out of any games for the rest of the year. They could IR Heyer, but they need a roster spot or 2 in a bad way. Demulling can play guard and Fabini can go to RT, but with Pucillo at Center we have no backups. I would love to be able to keep Randy on the roster, but it's not looking like we'll be able to.

Ball protection???

coming into today we were one of the best teams at not giving up turnovers (we were #1 last season) and the defense is getting way more turnovers to balance things out, if not tip the scale in our favor.

Only two of Campbell's INT we're his fault, and the one today wasn't a turnover in my opinion, a tie catch is the offense's ball... still scratching my head on that call.

Plus Portis is one of the best RB in the league at holding on to the ball, but even the best of players have their moments.. same with Moss how many great catches has he made over the years, to say that today was the norm, instead of the exception?

and Clock management??

okay because Aikman goes overboard about when to call a time out... the Skins have clock management problems...for all his rantings the Skins didn't lose any time, maybe a couple seconds... and with the Packers punting the ball with time still on the play clock actually gained that time back plus some more.... and if you have watched the Skins this season, they have had a couple end of half, game drives that they worked the clock to perfection

and again... the team usually gets BETTER as the season goes along, and most of these little mistakes can be corrected

With all due respect Bubba, I never said that all of the interceptions this season were on Jason so where that came from I'll never know. I have said it repeatedly, Moss has cost us at least three interceptions by batting the ball high into an opponents waiting arms. And even by his own admission he was not protecting the ball when it came out.

Portis although a very good back has fumbled in the last 3 games so I don't think he is doing a good job protecting the ball.

As far as Santana goes, yes he has made some terrific catches for us in the past. But frankly this seasn he has dropped or plan missed more balls than the average attempts by Jason in a game. Yesterday he didn't catch one stinking ball and gave the game away because he didn't protect the ball.

My issue on clock management isn't some parrot job on my part echoing Aikman!!!! If you review my past posts you may find that I have had issue with this for some time now. The first time Joe Gibbs was here timeouts were like gold. Ever since he has come back the reverse is true. Especially when Brunell was quarterback, he used to use timeouts like kids go for candy. You may disagree if you want to but it's true.

In every game we this year we have burned timeouts early in the second half of games. That is poor clock management.

In the Giants game we squandered our timeouts and didn't formulate a plan anticipating the worse senario might happen. What ever happened to have 3 or 4 plays set ahead of time so there is no wasted time. That is not in play and so we waste time and needlessly burn our precious timeouts.

I respect what you have to say and I treat posters here with respect. Don't attempt to bully me or belittle me into agreeing with you it won't work. And I am sure that I am not alone as a fan having these very same issues with the team and coaching staff.

this is my kind of thread, the last 12 years or so have been rough enough ... that I will reserve any negative comments for when we actually are mathematically eliminated from the post season and continue to see the positives in our team until there are none visible. Hail.

Took out most of the quote to shorten this post. Thank God there's a voice of reason on this board. I hate, absolutely hate, the amount of pessimistic people on this board who are willing to turn on the team and our players at the drop of a hat. I saw people in the game thread who were talking about the game being lost when we were down by only three points! And people wonder why we have no home field advantage, or Snyder has to pump in artificial crowd noise. Look around this board after a loss, that will tell you why.

Luckily, there are people like Bubba who believe, and have seen all the good this team can offer. Our defense is incredibly good. Our offense has shown flashes of potential. We're going to have bad games. The Giants game hurt a lot more than this one.

We can beat the Cardinals on Sunday. The Patriots are going to be a handful, I can't expect much there. After that, we have the Jets away and the Eagles at home, both very winnable games. By the time we go down to Dallas, we could very well be 6-3 and in a pretty good situation. Let's not go throwing ourselves off the cliff just yet.

I believe, and everyone else on this board should too. If you think the season is lost already, you probably need your account removed.

amen ... right there with ya! We have a lot to be thankful for. No need to give up already, that is cowardly IMO. Giving up already is like trying to prepare yourself so that the losses won't hurt as bad. Problem is, they hurt regardless.

It's hard to enjoy the fruits of success when you spend all your time being pessimistic. Great post, I needed to see there are others out there who feel the same way. HTTR! Lots of football left to be played, I'm just gonna sit back and cheer on the B&G and enjoy this time of year and the excitement it brings to me.

PS- if you're looking for something to give up on half way through a season, try joining a fantasy football league.

Archived