Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Awesome Day at Fed Ex Field

112row2

Sunday was a top 3 all time day with my 3-year old daughter. We have some really good seats and i recently have been taking her to non-NFC east opponent games. (for obvious reasons)

Luckily we have access to the Club Level, so i was able to hit the A/C (for her benefit) when necessary.

Obviously this was a "therapy" game as we like to call it beacuse of a consistent lead and stellar play which has been well chronicled.

After the game, we hang around to high five the players as they exit the field. As we are, the usual good guys return the favor (Washington, Daniels, Taylor, Campbell, Smoot, Brunell, Suisham, Cooley, Samuels, Portis, Thrash, Rogers, cant possibly list them all, but I tried).

My daughter was hanging out over the wall (in no danger of falling, mind you) and Keenan McCardell ran by. He must have seen her out of the corner of his eye because he turned around and took the towel off of his belt and handed it to her. It is funny to se how the guys who have been in the league forever act. Mike "the caveman" Sellers came by and handed her one of his gloves. How sweet is that?

I thought this was the kicker until I saw the Post on Monday. In the A section was the picture below. There we are, me high fiving Smoot (Skins visor and white shirt), and her hanging out on the wall (blondie). In addition to the generosity of the players, I have a great picture that will show the day she really became a fan. She was soo excited to have those guys come up to her. I am in awe of how these guys go out of their way to high five kids and to give them some piece of themselves (gloves, towels, etc.) It really is cool.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Sunday was a top 3 all time day with my 3-year old daughter. We have some really good seats and i recently have been taking her to non-NFC east opponent games. (for obvious reasons)

Luckily we have access to the Club Level, so i was able to hit the A/C (for her benefit) when necessary.

Obviously this was a "therapy" game as we like to call it beacuse of a consistent lead and stellar play which has been well chronicled.

After the game, we hang around to high five the players as they exit the field. As we are, the usual good guys return the favor (Washington, Daniels, Taylor, Campbell, Smoot, Brunell, Suisham, Cooley, Samuels, Portis, Thrash, Rogers, cant possibly list them all, but I tried).

My daughter was hanging out over the wall (in no danger of falling, mind you) and Keenan McCardell ran by. He must have seen her out of the corner of his eye because he turned around and took the towel off of his belt and handed it to her. It is funny to se how the guys who have been in the league forever act. Mike "the caveman" Sellers came by and handed her one of his gloves. How sweet is that?

I thought this was the kicker until I saw the Post on Monday. In the A section was the picture below. There we are, me high fiving Smoot (Skins visor and white shirt), and her hanging out on the wall (blondie). In addition to the generosity of the players, I have a great picture that will show the day she really became a fan. She was soo excited to have those guys come up to her. I am in awe of how these guys go out of their way to high five kids and to give them some piece of themselves (gloves, towels, etc.) It really is cool.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Sounds awesome! So you got the gloves and the towel?

My daughter was hanging out over the wall (in no danger of falling, mind you) and Keenan McCardell ran by.

mj_dangles_baby.jpg

j/k man :laugh:

That's an awesome story. Don't always get to hear about the positive things that happen at FedEx or things that the players do.

Someday, I'll take my son (4), but no way I'm carrying him up 52 stairs in the 400 level when he gets tired. He's a hair under 4 feet tall and the size of a 7-year old. :doh: :laugh:

Great story and thanks for sharing.

It's good to hear some good stories instead of the usual "I saw 100 fights, got beer spilled on me, stepped around vomit, and was cursed at" threads.

You're going to have some awesome memories to share with your daughter. :cheers:

She's a cutie! There's something about taking your daughter to a football game ...

I took my 9-year-old daughter to the Appalachian State home opener this year (one week after their big win over Michigan.) We spent the entire day there together eating, hanging out with friends, walking the campus, going to the game. Despite the "dry" tailgate for me ... it was a lovely day that will stay with the both of us for a long time.

I will try to do this at least once a season going forward. :)

It's good to hear some good stories instead of the usual "I saw 100 fights, got beer spilled on me, stepped around vomit, and was cursed at" threads.
So, basically, youre saying that youre glad they didnt run into you? :silly::laugh:

But thats an awesome story. And a MONEY picture.

mj_dangles_baby.jpg

j/k man :laugh:

That's an awesome story. Don't always get to hear about the positive things that happen at FedEx or things that the players do.

Someday, I'll take my son (4), but no way I'm carrying him up 52 stairs in the 400 level when he gets tired. He's a hair under 4 feet tall and the size of a 7-year old. :doh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i havent laughed that hard in awhile, that micheal jackson pic!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She's a cutie! There's something about taking your daughter to a football game ...

I took my 9-year-old daughter to the Appalachian State home opener this year (one week after their big win over Michigan.) We spent the entire day there together eating, hanging out with friends, walking the campus, going to the game. Despite the "dry" tailgate for me ... it was a lovely day that will stay with the both of us for a long time.

I will try to do this at least once a season going forward. :)

it is cool. she is already saying "at the next game, let's....." t is pretty funny.

Can't start 'em too young. I started bringing mine when she was 8. Now she's 18, a member of this board, and she's diehard.

that's awesome. I broke in this way as well. going to RFK with my dad. He always told me not to repeat the things i heard at the game.. i guess it was an early version of "what happens at RFK, stays at RFK..."

Archived