Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Sellers be getting more touches??

FanSinceSonnyJ

Sellers had a career day against the Lions. He is a big powerful back and it would seem to me he should be getting more touches on running plays as he would be a good change of pace back for Portis/Betts. I like what I've seen out of him.

It sounds like he is pleading his case for just that with Joe Gibbs.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think we used him to his full potential against Detroit. Let him have a few carries in short yardage, and get him involved in the passing game, especially around the goal line. If we keep using him like that, he will add A LOT to our offense. We really are a well rounded offense when everyone is healthy.

yes he has done nothing but help the team out this year. I would like to see him in short yardage plays. plus he has good hands for a play action pass.

Agreed. Using him on short yardage would seem a no brainer. I also like the idea of pounding him up the middle in the 4th quarter after our OL/Portis/Betts have worn down opposing defenses - just like we did with Riggo (yes I understand Sellars in no Riggins!).

yes he has done nothing but help the team out this year. I would like to see him in short yardage plays. plus he has good hands for a play action pass.

Short yardage should be a no-brainer. With someone that big, with that much momentum, it just takes too much to get them down. Remember when Detroit converted the 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter because they ran a fullback who was so big he didn't budge even when hit by Sean Taylor with a running start? Simple concept, really......

I think the number of touches he got against Detroit is the max for him. He's dynamic, but the more touches he gets the less we have for CP, ARE, MOSS and COOLEY

Sellars provides us one more threat. I would like to see him get 5-10 carries per game and 2-3 passes. He certainly is not a go to guy, but you gotta love his size and toughness.

It was nice to see Sellers get some touches but Portis should be getting the ball as much has he can handle it. Plus, Sellers is so good at opening lanes for Portis. There are a few blocks that Sellers had in the Detroit game that gave Portis an extra 5-10 yards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFA66oEGTwI

Agreed. Portis is the man and Sellars' blocks are a big part of why he is so successful. I would just like to see Sellars get worked into more plays as he seems to deliver everytime he touches the ball. It's helpful to have that "beast" type back as a change of pace. The fact that he can catch further helps our cause.

We need to use him like we did in 2005 when we went to the "paloffs". He had what 5-7 TD's that year? We use him enough but not too much. He's not going to be the difference maker in a game really, but he helps put other guys into position to be difference makers. Last year he didn't do nearly as much as the year before. If we go back to that and do some PA Fullback passes to him on the goalline, or in the vicintiy as wellas the obvious short yardage then he should be happy, and it should help the Skins and we'll do fine. I hate the Cowboys!

:applause:

Sellers. Sellers. Sellers. Sellers. Sellers. Sellers.

Please, please, please, please, please, just SPELL IT RIGHT.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks to this game, he is now a player other teams have to be more attentive too. He's proving to be very versatile. I don't think he needs more touches than he got in the Det game. But knowing he is capable of those things is just another thing to keep teams off balance.

It was nice to see Sellers get some touches but Portis should be getting the ball as much has he can handle it. Plus, Sellers is so good at opening lanes for Portis. There are a few blocks that Sellers had in the Detroit game that gave Portis an extra 5-10 yards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFA66oEGTwI

Props on the link, that got me amped up!!! :cheers: :helmet:

Archived