Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Views from a "naysayer" pt. 2 (long)

skinsn24

i just liked the way we responded to negative things in this game. we didnt get mad or lose composure after the false start, we just scored. same goes for the qb sneak/challenge, our d went out there and got the ball back.

This is a good point, we really responded to negative things very well, which is something that has not happened in the past.

I think a factor in the more throwing this week especially early is the fact that Moss was out ironically ... What we needed to establish in the minds of the lions defence was okay we have lost the no.1 WR threat but we are not going to change anything and we will throw to stop them simply keying off on the run game .

What I hope it either ARE or Moss are back next week... I think ARE is having an outstanding season whop knows what his numbers would be this week if he played in the second half and he was held out a a precaution rather than as a result of a serious injury....otherwise this offence might run out of steam... I love what thrash can bring but he is a No.3 WR

Where did I say that it is a constant. Just admit that you goofed up and move on.

Okay when I said Portis doesnt fumble period i wasn't speaking figarativly every back looses the ball at some point I should have made that clear....I was just saying i did not think it was a problem...

I think a factor in the more throwing this week especially early is the fact that Moss was out ironically ... What we needed to establish in the minds of the lions defence was okay we have lost the no.1 WR threat but we are not going to change anything and we will throw to stop them simply keying off on the run game .

What I hope it either ARE or Moss are back next week... I think ARE is having an outstanding season whop knows what his numbers would be this week if he played in the second half and he was held out a a precaution rather than as a result of a serious injury....otherwise this offence might run out of steam... I love what thrash can bring but he is a No.3 WR

I would love to have moss and ARE on the field with McCardell as the 3.

thrash isn't that great of a WR, but he is a good special teamer. mccardell has shown through his career that he is one of the best possession wr's around, and i love seein him out there running deep ins. once we get moss and are back, our offense will start making people a lot more scared.

I was asked to look at this thread. People tend to reap what they sow. It's hard to have it both ways. Appropriate cliche's now said, people have the opportunity to talk football in this thread and debate football points (even heatedly at times if so inspired) and I will always believe that's the best way to go to have a high quality forum, other than throwing in good humor.

But it is not against the rules to voice an opinion, pro or con, on a poster's style. IMO, the best method for an OP to deal with such comments is to not feed them and move on. No one is ever forced to respond. In cases where someone doesn't respond to such distractions, and they seem unfounded or become very one-sided, a moderator may be more likely to intervene.

This could become a very positive thread for Naysayers and all of ES.

I just would like to see more of these "naysayers" jumping on here saying,

you know what I was wrong about my percepiton of our/skins team.

I was wrong about Gibbs, GW, AC, Saunders, and our teams heart! I was wrong about JC!

I know it will happen for most fans, even "negative nancies" by TR1., eventually.

Keep in mind, we could win the superbowl and we still need some of these "negative nancies" around to give some other perspective on specific spots, that may have been missed any otherwise.

Man I can't belive this!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!

JC throws 79.3% 248 8.6 2td 0ints and gets a qb rating of 125.3 w/ Moss OUT, ARE 100YDS IN 1HALF, Keenan Mccardell seems like he is going to be a factor. COOOOOOOOOLEEEYYYYYYYYYYY. Even when the guy lets the ball through his hands( on a great pass by JC I might add) he still gets his props. He deserves all the props he does whatever the coaches ask, H-back, TE, BLOCKER, etc. What a team we have!

Now can we get some "negative nancies" to admit they were off on some views.

I mean just think about the game, we had all phases clicking and look at the outcome 34-3. Scary if the Lions end up being 1 of the better teams in the NFC, then that makes us look even scarier.

:peaceout:

This could become a very positive thread for Naysayers and all of ES.

I just would like to see more of these "naysayers" jumping on here saying,

you know what I was wrong about my percepiton of our/skins team.

I was wrong about Gibbs, GW, AC, Saunders, and our teams heart! I was wrong about JC!

I know it will happen for most fans, even "negative nancies" by TR1., eventually.

Keep in mind, we could win the superbowl and we still need some of these "negative nancies" around to give some other perspective on specific spots, that may have been missed any otherwise.

Man I can't belive this!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!

JC throws 79.3% 248 8.6 2td 0ints and gets a qb rating of 125.3 w/ Moss OUT, ARE 100YDS IN 1HALF, Keenan Mccardell seems like he is going to be a factor. COOOOOOOOOLEEEYYYYYYYYYYY. Even when the guy lets the ball through his hands( on a great pass by JC I might add) he still gets his props. He deserves all the props he does whatever the coaches ask, H-back, TE, BLOCKER, etc. What a team we have!

Now can we get some "negative nancies" to admit they were off on some views.

I mean just think about the game, we had all phases clicking and look at the outcome 34-3. Scary if the Lions end up being 1 of the better teams in the NFC, then that makes us look even scarier.

:peaceout:

i think you overcharacterize people as "naysayers." just because someone doesn't drink the kool-aid after one game doesnt make them a negative nancy. sometimes you need to step back and put the event in some perspective. we came out of our bye week with exactly what we needed to, because we looked atrocious going into it. we gave up a lead, stopped playing redskins football, and lost to an NFC east team going into the bye. it looks like many of those problems we had going into the bye (after beating 2 bad teams and losing to 1 mediocre team) have been fixed, but it is still too early to say we won the war. we definitely won the battle, but there are still a lot of games to play.

lets just give the players who deserve credit (all of them) the credit they deserve for their play this sunday, and talk about what else could be fixed. im not satisfied just beating an overrated lions team, i will be satisfied if we come out of these next few weeks with a few more W's in the column

The defense giving up ONE TD in 14 quarters of play is insane...nobody, optimistic or naysayer, would have guessed that would happen. Damn that one lousy half of play against the Giants lol... :doh:

Its true the D has been great. I love watching it, i Love it. Hell Cali, your bet may turn out positive for you. If it wasnt for that half we are 4-0, but ill take 3-1 as long as the 3 keeps getting bigger and the 1 stays the same.

Now that we played well for the most part of the year. I sense alot of "naysayers" will be back-pedalling from all the BS they moaned about this offseason and they all know who they are.

Good job Skinsn24 you are the :1stplace: naysayer to back pedal. That takes guts to be able to point out the positive things the Skins did today ;)

Isnt there a difference between backpedaling and honesty? I dont think being honest one week, then the team improving their play, and subsequently being honest the next week qualifies as backpedaling. Unless you have a very strange dictionary.

Isnt there a difference between backpedaling and honesty? I dont think being honest one week, then the team improving their play, and subsequently being honest the next week qualifies as backpedaling. Unless you have a very strange dictionary.

Thank you for the support. That is how i feel.

I honestly thought the second half the gaints game showed lots of problems and i honeslty think this week we corrected lots of them and looked great. I am happy as ever.

thrash isn't that great of a WR, but he is a good special teamer. mccardell has shown through his career that he is one of the best possession wr's around, and i love seein him out there running deep ins. once we get moss and are back, our offense will start making people a lot more scared.

I agree with this Moss ARE and McCardel for possesion is looking very very nice.

Archived