Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Policeman peper sprays 15 year old on curfew violation....

JMS

I WAS a cop. Until I found out how much less demanding and time consuming; and more lucrative corporate/gov't security is. :D

Now I get paid handsomely to talk to you guys all day. :point2sky :laugh:

lol that's hilarious. :cheers:

Funny how life works out that way.

I don't, clearly. However in looking at the cops behavior and what he says I find it difficult to believe that it had. I think he would have made reference to it, perhaps still attempted to remind the girl of what was said previously. Event occuring just after a conversations about consequences frequently contain "what did I say would happen if...." and I didn't see anything along those lines.

Now maybe it did take place... but we certainly don't know that anymore then we know it didn't.

Then again does it matter? The thread has moved onto a discussion of how police SHOULD behave more then what actually happened on the video.

Unless the cop was way out of line before he and the girl went on camera (which could of happened we don't know). The girl was exceptionally stupid. If the policeman had not provoked her and had that been my daughter, I would of been extremely pissed and embarrassed (at her, not the police officer) that one, she made such and emotional ass of herself and two, that she went out of her way to NOT do what she was told by the police officer compounding her problems.

I had my 17 year old daughter watch the video, and she came to a similar conclusion, except she wondered why the cop did not do more drastic actions on her after she bit him.

My daughter had a minor violation and was confronted by a policeman when she was 16. She was however polite and cooperated and the same police officer who issues her a citation stood up in her defense in court resulting in a minimal fine (and an object lesson for her to not repeat said offense).

I had my 17 year old daughter watch the video, and she came to a similar conclusion, except she wondered why the cop did not do more drastic actions on her after she bit him.

She had a confrontation with a policeman when she was 16, but due to her politeness and cooperation the officer stood up in her defense in court resulting in a minimal fine (and an object lesson for her).

I'm always a fan of run ins with cops where politeness fixes everything. I make it a point to be extra nice. Sadly I watched DC cops beat the **** out of my friend that was polite in a night club. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I only say this because I can't stand it when people pretend that cops hitting you is always your fault. That's crap.

In this case the police officer in the video is both the adult and the professional in that situation. The CHILD he was dealing with was a terrified little girl. Any of you guys know anyone that works with disabled kids? Many of them bite, spit, punch, kick... etc. By the logic I see in this thread PUNCHING A CHILD in the face is a natural reaction to getting bitten. I can promise that it's not or the short buses of America would be full of children with black eyes. Being a cop doesn't make it any more of a natural reaction. It's a child.

I only say this because I can't stand it when people pretend that cops hitting you is always your fault. That's crap.

Why is it the Cops fault that she refused to listen to him and bite him? I haven't met any 15 year olds that went hysterical around a Cop and decided to bite one.

I think it is safe to say we just see things differently on this issue. If the girl rides the shortbus, why did her parents let her out all alone after curfew? If she is not a shortbus person why is she going nuts? There very well may be a reason if not from the cop but from some other traumatic experience before hand (we just don't know from the video).

I know there is nothing we do better on ES than Monday morning QB everything, but this is just another case of we do not have all the facts. IMO it was her not the cop who looked like the irrational one to me.

The thing that stands out to me is that the video does not show why the police officer was trying to cuff her. If she was just walking out to the curb to put the trash in the trash can and this happened then the officer is way out of line. It would help to know the circumstances leading up to the video. However that being said i do not see how anyone can justify what he did to the girl.Yes she should have listed but the day that a professional law enforcement officer cannot control a simple scenario like this one without resorting to such ends he should just find another job.The officer was out of line and if I were the parents I would not only sue the officer personally but I would sue the city as well. Again would be nice to know what lead up the video.

I'm always a fan of run ins with cops where politeness fixes everything. I make it a point to be extra nice. Sadly I watched DC cops beat the **** out of my friend that was polite in a night club. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

In this case the police officer in the video is both the adult and the professional in that situation. The CHILD he was dealing with was a terrified little girl. Any of you guys know anyone that works with disabled kids? Many of them bite, spit, punch, kick... etc. By the logic I see in this thread PUNCHING A CHILD in the face is a natural reaction to getting bitten. I can promise that it's not or the short buses of America would be full of children with black eyes. Being a cop doesn't make it any more of a natural reaction. It's a child.

That's not a good comparison. When you are working with disabled kids, every interaction with a kid is not a potential life ender for you. Cops can't take chances. 15 yr. olds kill. He was calm. He told her numerous times to comply. He told her he didn't want to use more force because she might get hurt. He did nothing up to the point of the bite that should have terrified her. If anything, he should have applied more force earlier to prevent himself form getting injured.

There's no doubt that there are cops who go over the bounds in applying force. But what happened on this tape was not excessive. Getting bit while trying to apprehend someone is a completely different experience than getting bit by a mentally challanged kid in your charge.

you couldnt be more wrong the officer showed much patience and pepper sprayed her after he given her commands and initially trying to handcuff her using minimal force. Pepper spray is used so that he doesnt have to overpower her.

Furthermore if he had just overpowered and out-muscled the girl the tape would look worse and thus caused more racial tension.

Oh and another if someone doesnt want to be handcuffed its gonna be hell to get them handcuffed and I dont give a damn how strong you are. In fact skinnier people are more wirey and can really make things difficult thats why you will usually see at least two people arresting a person.

Guest sith lord

Please. Cops always pull this crap because they know they can get away with it. She did nothing to get pepper spayed and punched in the face. Hell, I've seen "CRIMINALS" do far worse on Cops and not get pepper sprayed. I would love to read some of the responses of the "it was the girl's fault" people, if it was their daughter or someone they knew.

The thing that stands out to me is that the video does not show why the police officer was trying to cuff her. If she was just walking out to the curb to put the trash in the trash can and this happened then the officer is way out of line. It would help to know the circumstances leading up to the video. However that being said i do not see how anyone can justify what he did to the girl.Yes she should have listed but the day that a professional law enforcement officer cannot control a simple scenario like this one without resorting to such ends he should just find another job.The officer was out of line and if I were the parents I would not only sue the officer personally but I would sue the city as well. Again would be nice to know what lead up the video.

she was breaking curfew and he was trying to take her in. i dont think that was trash in the trash bag..

Archived