Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pass Defense

Rufus T Firefly

I really don't feel it's the players. I think GW's scheme for the Giants is flawed. Let's be honest, if Plaxico doesn't drop a few passes the score is a lot worse. I don't know why we don't double either Shockey or Buress, since those guys kill us all the time. This scheme has a real soft spot in the middle of field. We better fix that before we play the Lions.

Well, our pass rush looks much, much improved from last year. In fact, it has gone from downright bad to very good, from what I've seen.

However, contrary to what people here said over and over this offseason, that has not led to a good overall pass D. In fact, the unit looks just short of pathetic right now. The DBs just can't cover. If it weren't for McNabb missing open receivers all over the field and Miami's WRs dropping passes like they were made of lava, we'd be one of the lowest rated pass D units in the NFL.

We need a premier, shut-down CB. And Springs ain't it any more. We should have dumped him this offseason. Then at least we'd have 5 mil more in cap room to sign Samuel, Asamougha or Vasher next offseason.

What pass defense????

Rogers looked lost out there today. He didn't do a very good job in coverage. I don't know that smoot would have faired any better. There were times when it appeared that there wasn't that much a pass rush either. Even when we had some blitzing going on. I thought that the d was tired mostly because the offense didn't do its job in sustaining drives. When you keep the D on the field for most of the second half, bad things will happen.

Archived