Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why a win against the Giants would be HUGE!!!

heels2skins

3 an0 would be huge, at least a 2 game lead on 2 of our division rivals would be huge. no matter what the cowboys do on sunday, we will be at the top of the division because of the tiebreaker. and on top of all that, we'll have 2 weeks to prepare for detroit. so we would have a good chance to be 4-0.

This game will tell us alot about this football team.....At home, we are the better team.....

In the past we have won these type games, you know the games you SHOULD win, and being 2-0 in the division would be a great start

BUT

We have lost these type games as well, many times, remember the Vikings and Titans games at home last year? The season could have been totally different with 2 wins instead of 2 loses. We SHOULD have won both, and would have been 4-2 instead of 2-4 after 6 weeks....

This game defines the rest of our season, contender or pretender???

:point2sky

16 points and 20 points thus far... not really high powered.

Sure, there have been signs of what could be, but lets not get silly bout it all just yet.

But we HAVE played 2 pretty solid defenses in Miami and Philthy. Also, I htink that as the season pregresses JC and Moss will gell...they were way out of sync in week 1 and that missed TD pass that would have sealed it in Philly still makes me queasy.

And don't forget, this is like the 2nd pre season game for CP. Although I still think his "tendonitis" was a cover up so he could sit and the coaches could save face. He is still not in mid season form by any means.

This offense WILL get better...we are already efficient on 3rd down, now we need to start putting up some big points on the score board...it'll happen!

6-2 at mid season. :)

While I'm excited about the 2-0 start, I'm still a little apprehensive about the rest of the season. Both of the games so far, with just a couple of changes could have gone the other way. one game at a time brother! Let's not start the paloff talk untill about week 14.
Paloffs is now!!!

But you're right, the rest of the season has us going to New England and also against the entire NFC North, which surprisingly, is turning out to be one of the best top-to-bottom conferences.

3-0 or 2-1, the rest of the season will not be easy.

I'm not in the camp that truely believes that we will roll over the Giants. They have the makings of a very potent offense, the line is playing well and the Eli to Plexico connection is a pretty stout one. Their defense is playing terrible but they've still got some talent on the line and if Osi isn't hurt like last week, I could see them getting some pressure. AP is still pissed that we didn't resign him and will no doubt be a force on Sunday. I just remember the way that they killed us last year. Granted, there is no Tiki, but still.

Having said that, Campbell really showed a lot on that last game of the season on NFLN against this very team. Maybe that helps give him the confidence he needs to really let it fly and I'm glad to see Portis running as well as he is. We have lost 2 very important players and replacing Randy Thomas will likely not be as easy as it was replacing Jon Jansen as Fabini is no Todd Wade.

I think that we have just as much of a chance to lose as we do to win. This will show the character of this 2007 squad.

I think we pull it out, but it's going to likely be close.

This game will give us a good sense of where we are progressing towards I believe we will win it but this is also a game that skins teams have come up on the short end before. I would rather see an all around solid offenseive performance that has us grinding out a close win than a blow out win that causes us to get to much confidence

I think a win at home against the Giants is important, not only because of the fact that it is a division game and that counts more than non-division games or the fact that every game is important, because this game will be a real test of the teams fortitude.

We are coming off a big win on Monday Night Football (with it's national audiance) in a hard fought game against the Eagles (who were touted as being a contender) and the game was in their home stadium. The tendency would be for a letdown because of being emotionally drained. Add the fact that it is a short work week for the Redskins to get ready and you may get a Redskins team that is also physically drained.

If they can pull themself together to give a focused hard-hitting effort (like they gave against Miami and Philadelphia) and come out with a win they will go into the bye feeling very confident about themselves.

The big advantage we have is that we are playing at home. The crowd needs to give the Redskins lots of energy (during the entire game) in order to get them up and keep them up for this game.

This game is HUGE.

If we come off of a road division win and LOSE a home division game, then we basically just held serve. When you win a road division game, you really need that to get you 4 division wins if you can!

Being 3-0 going into the bye (and 2-0 within the East) would help this team statistically (tie-breakers, records, etc.) but it would give them some confidence. We then play Detroit, Green Bay, and Arizona (all NFC teams) so we'd have a chance to really get off to a great start in the NFC like we did in 2005.

In some ways, this game vs. the Giants could define our season. On paper, we should win, but if we allow them to play more desperate than we do and steal this game, how much different are we than last year? If we come out and kick a team while it's down and defend the home turf in the division (something we were unable to do twice last year), then we might be a team to be reckoned with in 2007!

While I'm excited about the 2-0 start, I'm still a little apprehensive about the rest of the season. Both of the games so far, with just a couple of changes could have gone the other way. one game at a time brother! Let's not start the paloff talk untill about week 14.

By then we'll be 13-0. If I'm not mistaking, no team who started the season 13-0 failed to make the playoff. :D

This game is HUGE.

If we come off of a road division win and LOSE a home division game, then we basically just held serve. When you win a road division game, you really need that to get you 4 division wins if you can!

That says it all right there. It is huge, because we hit a huge Tee-shot. We can't waste by hitting our second shot in the woods or pound. That said, I think with a bye week up next, there is no need to look past the Giants. The Redskins will prevail, and the Crowd is going to cause some problems for Eli and company:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Amen Brother! :applause:

I am excited for the 2-0 start but there is still a lot of season left to go and if we lose an OT coin toss in Week 1 and if Landry does not hit the ball loose on Kevin Curtis last Monday Night we could be 0-2.

The Giants are a dangerous team @ 0-2.

Wow...if we beat the Giants, and I expect we will, and the Bears beat Dallas...we would be all alone in FIRST PLACE in the NFC East...wow...whodathunkit...

Yeah, I know it's still early in the season, but you can't ask for more than 3-0 going into the bye...except maybe NO MORE INJURIES, please!

The more I analyze this match-up the stronger my belief that we will win and do so RESOUNDINGLY. Now I am going to give Eli his due, he can put up points and we will likely yield more than a single TD to him during this game (though I hope we can keep them completely outta the end zone). That being said, I think that this game has all the elements coming together for us which will lead to a 40 point outing for our team. The Giants defense is arguably the worst league-wide with KC a close second and, with Moss and Cooley (and CP in the backfield keeping the defense honest) I sincerely believe we will light the Gmen up. I'm calling it now: JC's first 350+ yard game. He even gets his first game ball this day. 3-0 with two wins within the division is a great place to be!

Thoughts? Feedback? I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself here. This is my "lock it up" pick of the weekend (jeez, we are only a 3.5 point fave at this point)!

Archived