Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HALO - Reason for Lloyds non-production?

USS Redskins

Carson Palmer of the Bengals hosted an online competition with the 49ers and the Redskins and B Lloyd (and others) were the Skins involved.

Maybe he is addicted to video games.... and rap etc....

Seems like he has allot going on outside of his day job.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070919/LIFE/709190355

on a positive note: The Bengals came in third as the Redskins won Game 1.

Treating the question seriously...

with Jansen going down -- and now Randy Thomas -- I think we can expect the Skins to run from more two TE sets which puts Yoder in (for more power and protection) and keeps Lloyd off the field.

As hard as he worked to beef up this past offseason, I hope Brandon gets a chance to contribute more in the weeks ahead.

Treating the question seriously...

with Jansen going down -- and now Randy Thomas -- I think we can expect the Skins to run from more two TE sets which puts Yoder in (for more power and protection) and keeps Lloyd off the field.

Actually, it has already been this way because the Skins are a run first team. Because of that, Sellars is going to see more playing time than a #3 receiver.

Also, because Cooley is such a good receiver, you are not going to see him come off the field very often. So, there are few opportunities for a #3 WR to come on the field right now.

I think the key for Lloyd to see more time is really on the development of Campbell. If Campbell can keep the trust of the coaching staff that he can handle the passing game on a consistent basis, you may see more 3 WR sets.

Jason

Actually, it has already been this way because the Skins are a run first team.

I said we will probably see MORE of Yoder in the two TE set and you respond that it has already been this way?

We used three or more WR sets with greater frequency than two TEs in 2006 (47% to 30%). I expect those numbers to be reversed because of the O line injuries.

Carson Palmer of the Bengals hosted an online competition with the 49ers and the Redskins and B Lloyd (and others) were the Skins involved.

Maybe he is addicted to video games.... and rap etc....

Seems like he has allot going on outside of his day job.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070919/LIFE/709190355

on a positive note: The Bengals came in third as the Redskins won Game 1.

Maybe that's the only thing he's good at..... You know he'll always hold on to the controller unlike he does a football, so I'm all for him doing that!!! :)

I said we will probably see MORE of Yoder in the two TE set and you respond that it has already been this way?

We used three or more WR sets with greater frequency than two TEs in 2006 (47% to 30%). I expect those numbers to be reversed because of the O line injuries.

But, we would have seen that on Monday if that was true. TEs are usually used to get the guys on the end, but that's not the direction Gibbs went. I don't expect much to change with Thomas out. Maybe Sellars gets more playing time.

Course, from reading postgameheroes, it sounds like one of the adjustments is not to run that direction.

In any case, we mostly agree: there will be fewer opportunities for a 3rd WR for a while, partially because of injuries, but also partially because of Campbell's early struggles.

Jason

Archived