Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-0 in 2007, sweeter than 2-0 in 2005...

Fergasun

I can't help but think about the Monday Night Week 2 game in 2005 when I savour the sweet sweet taste of victory in my mouth right now. There are so many similarities between these 2 games.

1) Gritty performance by a defense... as a fan a bit nailbiting, but they layed the wood when needed to and were stout indeed.

2) National Monday Night game on ESPN.

3) On road against a division rival.

4) Division rival dominance over the 'Skins past 5 years.

5) Similar total yardage and time of possession.

6) Tons of hitting, mostly by the Redskins.

I'm far more psyched about this victory since it was not a 5 minute victory, but a complete game... think of a heavyweight going toe-toe against Mike Tyson for 12 rounds, tiring Tyson out, and winning on points all 3 scorecards versus going 12 rounds, losing on points and scoring a miracle knock out. Although I think Campbell is a year out from really coming into his own (that means other fans don't say, "Who the **** is Jason Campbell?"), I'm far more encouraged by this team becuase this is the type of gritty performance that Gibbs lives for. Sure in 1991 I think I enjoyed watching them blow teams out with a completely dominating defense... there were plenty of times they had to gut out wins as well, especially within the division (10-7 vs. the Giants comes to mind...). If Campbell is at the next level, he hits the bomb to Moss, the game is 27-12, and it's a huge statement that the Redskins are not to be messed with... not that this wasn't a statement win already.

I'm looking forward to the team having a good week of preparation and for RFX Stadium to be rocking in Week 3. Take nothing for granted, and be ready for New York, they will be hungry.

This is a different kind of sweet. We see Campbell really growing as a QB and a philly team that cant find itself. The defense looks like it found itself, but this is a different feeling then 2k5. 2k5 Felt alot better just based on the Dallas victory ALONE. I mean with their winning streak against us, the moss 2 tds late in the game.Im sorry I never felt happier about a win like that game. But this 2-0 start is very nice. :D

It also feels better to watch the offense try a vertical passing game. Last year was painful watching Brunell dump off, throw quick screens, or short outs... It is great to see our speed receivers being allowed to use their speed again. We were an excitement induced overthrow away from putting up 27 instead tonight. Though I hate playing the A>B, C>A, therefore C>B game but it can be interesting to think that the Packers didn't score an offensive touchdown on Philly, we scored 2, almost 3, and the Packers put up 35 on the Giants...

What is the difference between last year and this? can anyone tell me? is it just attitude or has the team got a lot better real quick or both....go skins

Defense hasn't had injuries yet, and has a few better players. The players know the offense now. Campbell isn't Brunell.

Archived