Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our newest Redskins fan

georgiaredskin

On August 14th, David (dfitzo53) and I adopted a kitten who was rescued from Baltimore. Guess what we named him?

Marcus of course! After you know who...Marcus Washington!!!

:cloud9:

Here he is when we got him:

DSCF0288.jpg

Here are some of him sleeping with the stuffed animals:

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0353.jpg

And here he is on the hunt...apparently he likes crabs just like a true Baltimorean:

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

Here he is in dfitzo's lap. We don't have any pictures of him with me because dfitzo is a lazy lima bean. :mad:

DSCF0364.jpg

Sorry Jason, we meant to post this way earlier, but we never got around to it. We didn't have any trouble naming him though. He is energetic and loveable just like MW. :)

georgia, that's a real cutie you've got there. Seems like he's really happy too.

Kind of reminds me of the sixteen pounds of cat that stole my heart almost a decade ago, when he was tiny like that....

Damn, that's a fat cat - what did you feed him - other cats ? :laugh:

Damn, that's a fat cat - what did you feed him - other cats ? :laugh:

Actually, he's NOT fat, Mick. That's one of the things that everyone who meets him (including the vet) are amazed at. He was about 17 lbs. a couple years ago and the vet couldn't believe that he WASN'T fat. He still has a waist and everything. He's just an absolute TANK. He's also the biggest CHICKEN on the planet.

georgia, that's a real cutie you've got there. Seems like he's really happy too.

Kind of reminds me of the sixteen pounds of cat that stole my heart almost a decade ago, when he was tiny like that....

Thanks, MSF! He is very happy.....we do spoil him but I'm sure he's just happy to be off the streets of Baltimore. He's a good little Kitty.

He's adorable. What's his name? He doesn't look fat. He has a thick neck, though! Kind of like a football player! He looks a lot like the love cat of my life, Kitty (RIP angel) who lived 18 and 1/2 years, and helped me grow up. The cute orange nose, black on his nickers and tail and everything. Thanks for sharing!

Men own cats ?

I thought they already had best friends established.

And yes, I know georgiaredskin2 is a female. I wasn't referring to her.

Kosher, the story behind me getting Tiger (I know it's totally unoriginal - Deal with it!) is kind of funny. I was still living in Connecticut at the time and one weekend while I was visiting my friends (now roommates), who were looking for a second cat at the time, they got a call from a relative who owns a farm that somebody had abandoned six kittens at the farm.

Well, we went out to the farm to look at them. At the time I could have been described as almost anti-cat. I wasn't interested in them at all. As my roommate was looking at one of the kittens Tiger came over to where I was sitting and literally climbed up my pants-leg and curled up in my lap. Even I'm not stupid enough to ignore a signal THAT strong from mother nature. So we ended up taking TWO kittens home. My roommates looked after Tiger during the weeks until I moved up to Mass. permanently.

I still love dogs, and would really like to have one of my own in the house, but we just don't have the lifestyle or time for the sort of dogs that I prefer (shepards, collies, shelties, etc...)

Men own cats ?

I thought they already had best friends established.

And yes, I know georgiaredskin2 is a female. I wasn't referring to her.

You guys are funny. There is nothing wrong with males owning cats! Don't be reee diculous! But you know what they say about guys owning cats..............they make good mates for women, because all cat owners know that unlike dogs, you cannot control cats and keep them under your thumb all of the time. (i.e. cat-owning guys aren't as controlling) :D

Thanks, MSF! He is very happy.....we do spoil him but I'm sure he's just happy to be off the streets of Baltimore. He's a good little Kitty.

He's adorable. What's his name? He doesn't look fat. He has a thick neck, though! Kind of like a football player! He looks a lot like the love cat of my life, Kitty (RIP angel) who lived 18 and 1/2 years, and helped me grow up. The cute orange nose, black on his nickers and tail and everything. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome Georgia. I'm glad to hear that the two of you found each other.

That photo is of Tiger. He's one of four in our apartment. Alexander is a grey himilayan. Sable (Tiger's sister) is almost jet black and significantly lighter. Coal (so named because she's mostly black with a little white & obsessed with fire) is our smallest & youngest and the biggest trouble-maker. Tiger's built like a linebacker. His barrel is thicker than his shoulders and he has a huge head. He's an absolute TANK as I said before. If I can get a better photo of him standing up, I'll post it so you can get a better idea of how he's built.

Kosher, the story behind me getting Tiger (I know it's totally unoriginal - Deal with it!) is kind of funny. I was still living in Connecticut at the time and one weekend while I was visiting my friends (now roommates), who were looking for a second cat at the time, they got a call from a relative who owns a farm that somebody had abandoned six kittens at the farm.

Well, we went out to the farm to look at them. At the time I could have been described as almost anti-cat. I wasn't interested in them at all. As my roommate was looking at one of the kittens Tiger came over to where I was sitting and literally climbed up my pants-leg and curled up in my lap. Even I'm not stupid enough to ignore a signal THAT strong from mother nature. So we ended up taking TWO kittens home. My roommates looked after Tiger during the weeks until I moved up to Mass. permanently.

I still love dogs, and would really like to have one of my own in the house, but we just don't have the lifestyle or time for the sort of dogs that I prefer (shepards, collies, shelties, etc...)

Mother nature makes you want kittens ? That's news to me. There is more...

Especially regarding the dog part.

I apologize, but I am in the middle of eating, wifey giving me mean looks. haha.

You guys are funny. There is nothing wrong with males owning cats! Don't be reee diculous! But you know what they say about guys owning cats..............they make good mates for women, because all cat owners know that unlike dogs, you cannot control cats and keep them under your thumb all of the time. (i.e. cat-owning guys aren't as controlling) :D

See the quote above yours. Are you sure about that ?

Mother nature makes you want kittens ? That's news to me.

Kosher, I'm guessing you don't spend a lot of time out in nature. There are times when Mother Nature, God, or whatever other Universal Power you want to mention smiles down on you and lets you know, in some way or another, what they want you to do or that you're in their favor. For me this was one of those moments. There was no doubt in my mind that somebody "up there" intended for me and this ball of fluff to be together. Even though I'd never been interested in having a cat in my entire life.

If you've never experienced one of those moments in nature, I feel sorry for you and hope you do get to have that experience in the future. You'll know it when it happens. Whether it's being in just the right place to see that absolutely perfect sunrise or sunset, or catching the sight of a buck bounding across the field that nobody else sees before he gets into the treeline, or maybe it's walking into the pet store and just not being able to look away from that one puppy or kitten; you'll know the moment when it happens.

Muchas Gracias! :D

No. :( Won't be coming to barely any-more like only one this year. :( (bf's job) :(:(:(:(

Please have fun, though, and we'll catch up with you guys somehow. And cheer loud for us!!!! :helmet: :point2sky

that's pathetic, I live 1000 miles away and I'm going to two at fedex and one at tampa :laugh:

Archived