Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A must win this sunday

tonyriggins

To win this game doesnt really mean much as far as how good we will be, but to lose it would spell doom! Both of these teams were bad last year, so it is highly unlikey that they both improved into a good team. Who ever lose this game can count on double digit losses for the year.

I disagree with the overall statement. I do agree that a loss this Sunday would be devastating, but I don't think that if we lose that we'll have double digit losses for the year. I can think of multiple teams that lost their first game but still made it to the playoffs.

To win this game doesnt really mean much as far as how good we will be, but to lose it would spell doom! Both of these teams were bad last year, so it is highly unlikey that they both improved into a good team. Who ever lose this game can count on double digit losses for the year.

I sort of agree with you. If our defense gets trounced, (i.e. 175 rushing yards) we're in for another double digit loss season. If our defense allows 10 but our offense only puts up 9, our season is still salvagable. Remember, we had a medicore offense last year. And we can only expect it to get better this year with Brunell gone. As long as our defense looks good, losing this game isn't entirely a season breaker.

The season is never over after one week but if we lose this game at home to a Dolphins team with a new coach (kinda reminds you of Minn last year,) we then have to go on the road and play a divisional rival in prime time the next week(kinda reminds you of Dallas last year.) We all know how those two games turned out so we need to get the season started on the right foot and win.

trust me. we are WINNING sunday. but we will still get no respect from the media fools. fine i dont give a damn. then we will roll into philthy and bust the hell out of those fools too. the Skins D is going to be better than 2005, maybe better than 2004. by midseason teams will now the true and awesome power of the Washington Redskins Defense. and it starts sunday at FedEx at 1pm.

to opposing teams, your QBs are not safe and your WRs are on a wanted list. so i say to you what i said two years ago.....send someone across the middle, its their funeral.

trust me. we are WINNING sunday. but we will still get no respect from the media fools. fine i dont give a damn. then we will roll into philthy and bust the hell out of those fools too. the Skins D is going to be better than 2005, maybe better than 2004. by midseason teams will now the true and awesome power of the Washington Redskins Defense. and it starts sunday at FedEx at 1pm.

to opposing teams, your QBs are not safe and your WRs are on a wanted list. so i say to you what i said two years ago.....send someone across the middle, its their funeral.

if we beat philly, we will get some serious love.

if we beat philly, we will get some serious love.

only if we beat them by ten or more. if its anything less they will have beaten themselves yadda yadda yadda. just like 2005 when we were the worst 3-0 team of all time. let the suckers think what they want our boys will prove it on the field.

Here is a scenerio. Eagles lose to Greenbay, we beat Miami. We go into Philly and completely run them out of their own town.

NFC EAST after two weeks

Redskins 2-0:point2sky

Dallas 1-1

Giants 1-1

Eagles 0-2 :laugh:

Miami knocks off the cowpukes in home opener week 2. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And Romo sits to pee goes down for the year:D

I would replace "must" with "important".

To say that this is a must win is just historically invalid. Think back for a second to 03' when we went 3-1 under Spurrier only to end up 5-11. Or how about in 04' we opened at home and beat the Bucs, only to achieve a 6-10 record that year. Or lets look at the reverse. In 99' we lost the opener to Dallas, and then went on to the playoffs.

I would agree that this win would be a good confidence booster, and would help set the tone for the year, however, to go to the extreme of saying this is a "must" win is a bit irrational, in my honest opinion.

I would replace "must" with "important".

To say that this is a must win is just historically invalid. Think back for a second to 03' when we went 3-1 under Spurrier only to end up 5-11. Or how about in 04' we opened at home and beat the Bucs, only to achieve a 6-10 record that year. Or lets look at the reverse. In 99' we lost the opener to Dallas, and then went on to the playoffs.

I would agree that this win would be a good confidence booster, and would help set the tone for the year, however, to go to the extreme of saying this is a "must" win is a bit irrational, in my honest opinion.

I agree a win against Maimi doesnt do much to predict our season. But if you got to team playing each other with last years records of 5-11 and 6-10, the future doe not look to bright for the loser, especally if u are the home team. As far as in 99 losing to Dallas and yet making the playoffs, that was a division game, big difference than playing a bottom tier team.

I think this is a must win. I can't imagine the talk around town (and on ES) if we lose to Miami at home.

Week 2 will probably be a loss. I think most realistic people will agree. Starting off 0-2 would be a disaster.

why cant we win in philthy? we are winning both. after our D brutalizes miami other teams are going to reevaluate the situation and realize that the Skins D is built for shutting fools down and inflicting pain.

why cant we win in philthy? we are winning both. after our D brutalizes miami other teams are going to reevaluate the situation and realize that the Skins D is built for shutting fools down and inflicting pain.

I don't know, when is the last time we won in philly besides the playoff run when most of their team was injured?

I think we will be very good this year. However, I am not getting my hopes up for a win week 2.

Archived