Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly Fans

MTechnik

Most Philly fans are fine in small doses and good people for the most part. Even in large groups they aren't bad under the right circumstances (Wing Bowl is fun as hell). But for some reason when it's Eagles Gameday the drunks and wannabe thugs come out to play. They seem to think that their often foul-mouthed and sometimes criminal behavior is excusable because that's what they are "supposed to do".

It comes down to one thing for me: I feel comfortable taking my 7 year old son to any NFL game. The lone exception to this is an Eagles game.

Of all the derisive opinions in this thread directed at Eagles fans, this is the most even-handed.

After reading some of the stupid, straight ignorant statements in this thread, and being an Eagles fan, I feel like beating a whole lot of you the f**k up.
Spoken like a true Philly fan!:laugh: I went to the playoff game against the Bucs at the Vet. There were people peeing off the upper deck and onto people in the lower deck. And Philly fans don't just uphold their reputation, they embrace it. Watch the number of fights at a Fecals vs Skins game at FedEx. Compare that to any other game. There is a correlation.
People are quick fast to say things about fans of other teams....yet they themselves act in the same manor that they are putting down. That being said, the Linc can be a great place to watch for fans of all teams, but like any where, you have to have respect for where you are at.
Translation: wear neutral colors and don't cheer for the visiting team. I went to the game on 1/1/2006 when the Skins clinched the Wild Card. I will never go back. I had bruises on my shoulders from being rammed as I walked. I had stuff thrown at me for simply sitting there. And I sat 2 rows behind the Eagles bench. So don't sit there and complain about the reputation that Philly fans have. They cheered a spinal injury. They booed Santa. And they had a jail built in the basement of the Vet. And sying that some class came about from the move to the Stink, they built a 4 cell jail in the basement their too. Seems to me that if your reputation wasn't deserved, the city wouldn't pay cops and a judge to sit through games.:2cents:

Spoken like a true Philly fan!:laugh: I went to the playoff game against the Bucs at the Vet. There were people peeing off the upper deck and onto people in the lower deck. And Philly fans don't just uphold their reputation, they embrace it. Watch the number of fights at a Fecals vs Skins game at FedEx. Compare that to any other game. There is a correlation.Translation: wear neutral colors and don't cheer for the visiting team. I went to the game on 1/1/2006 when the Skins clinched the Wild Card. I will never go back. I had bruises on my shoulders from being rammed as I walked. I had stuff thrown at me for simply sitting there. And I sat 2 rows behind the Eagles bench. So don't sit there and complain about the reputation that Philly fans have. They cheered a spinal injury. They booed Santa. And they had a jail built in the basement of the Vet. And sying that some class came about from the move to the Stink, they built a 4 cell jail in the basement their too. Seems to me that if your reputation wasn't deserved, the city wouldn't pay cops and a judge to sit through games.:2cents:

1 - Santa wasn't booed, it was the drunk person dressed up like him who was :doh:

2 - It was Michael Irving....some folks cheered, some folks held their breathe hoping that the man would get up and walk

3 - The Linc dones't have a basement jail, the jail was in old Veterans Stadium.

As far as your bruises from being bumped, toughen up.....its football man, not a pansies sport. If you get roughed up, fight back, do something, don't sit up here with a sad tale.....you don't look like the victim, you look like a ________. There are plenty of Skins fans who I'm cool with up here who have had the same thing happen, and kicked much arse because of it. Things like that happen in jail, at McDonald's every where....take it like a man. Matter of fact, I remember a thread up here last season talking about the Skins fans starting fights with Eagles fans at Fed Ex. Hmmmm.....pot meet kettle, I hear both of you are black...

And for all of your talk, didn't you guys shoot pepper spray into the EAGLES BENCH as few seasons back....

See Eagles fans beef with the fans, Skins fans take it to another level, and attack the PLAYERS! Classy, I beg to differ! (This isn't directed at all Skins fans, only the jerks and wanna be thugs who display this type of mentality!)

And for all of your talk, didn't you guys shoot pepper spray into the EAGLES BENCH as few seasons back....

Not exactly. There was a brawl somewhere in the first few rows behind the Eagles' sideline and a PGC police officer trying to break it up used pepper spray. Unfortunately the Eagles' cooling fans picked some up and dispersed it into the air around the benches. It wasn't anything malicious.

Not exactly. There was a brawl somewhere in the first few rows behind the Eagles' sideline and a PGC police officer trying to break it up used pepper spray. Unfortunately the Eagles' cooling fans picked some up and dispersed it into the air around the benches. It wasn't anything malicious.

Gotcha :applause:

Thanks for clearing that up for me..... :notworthy

Here are some stats I found but the link is broken so just take my word for it:

Philly fans: 100 percent more violent than anyone else

Every other sports fan in the world: A 9 percent rate of violence

So there you have it. We're the worst in the world and don't ever come to our stadium. I'll pour beer on your ****ing face.

Son, if you poured beer on anyone, especially me, you wouldn't last 3 minutes. Hell, not even 30 seconds.

I will tell you from personal experience, Eagles fans for the most part are all talk. They will kick your ass...if there is 3 or 4 of them. I went to the Linc and 0 problems. Sure people say stuff, but they will pick on smaller guys or week guys. They are like wolves, they travel in packs. One on one, they are nothing. :eaglesuck

Son, if you poured beer on anyone, especially me, you wouldn't last 3 minutes. Hell, not even 30 seconds.

I will tell you from personal experience, Eagles fans for the most part are all talk. They will kick your ass...if there is 3 or 4 of them. I went to the Linc and 0 problems. Sure people say stuff, but they will pick on smaller guys or week guys. They are like wolves, they travel in packs. One on one, they are nothing. :eaglesuck

Now this is a Skins fan I wouldn't mind going to a game at the Linc with.....plus, if some dumb Eagles fan did that, I'd have you back, with a Dawkins jersey on and everything! :cheers:

THATS MY BOY !!! Halter, don't forget, you and I and Ed .. at the Linc .... I'll be the loud mouth skinny **** who you guys will have to bail out of all the trouble. I love you man! (I know, stay off the sauce). But there's no 2 people that I'd rather fight for me than you two!!!

:applause: :cheers:

1 - Santa wasn't booed, it was the drunk person dressed up like him who was :doh:

2 - It was Michael Irving....some folks cheered, some folks held their breathe hoping that the man would get up and walk

3 - The Linc dones't have a basement jail, the jail was in old Veterans Stadium.

4 - As far as your bruises from being bumped, toughen up.....its football man, not a pansies sport. If you get roughed up, fight back, do something, don't sit up here with a sad tale.....you don't look like the victim, you look like a ________. There are plenty of Skins fans who I'm cool with up here who have had the same thing happen, and kicked much arse because of it. Things like that happen in jail, at McDonald's every where....take it like a man.

5 - Matter of fact, I remember a thread up here last season talking about the Skins fans starting fights with Eagles fans at Fed Ex. Hmmmm.....pot meet kettle, I hear both of you are black...

See Eagles fans beef with the fans, Skins fans take it to another level, and attack the PLAYERS! Classy, I beg to differ! (This isn't directed at all Skins fans, only the jerks and wanna be thugs who display this type of mentality!)

1) Santa was booed: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/eagles/2003-11-27-santa-snowballs_x.htm

2)Wrong, it was Michael Irvin, and the majority of the stadium cheered: Both

Goldblum and College senior Mike Zubrow attended the infamous Eagles vs. Cowboys game in 1999, in which Dallas wide receiver Michael Irvin suffered a career-ending injury. Although Irvin was clearly immobilized, Eagles fans continued to cheer rowdily - Zubrow's season tickets have been passed down for generations, yet he noted that he was "ashamed" of his fellow fans' reactions and decided not to partake in this blatant disrespect.

3) Learn your own teams history: http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/cities/index?city=philadelphia

SPORT EXPERIENCES

Join the Eagles' Infamous Fans at the Linc

While fans of the Raiders and Browns are known for being rowdy and loud, Eagles fans are notably vicious. Booing Santa Claus at Christmas and Donovan McNabb at the draft, cheering Michael Irvin's broken neck, brawling in the stands, throwing snowballs at players - all have been in their oeuvre over the years. Gorgeous Lincoln Financial Field, however, is a terrific venue to see a game, and it does have four jail cells in case things get out of hand.

The jail closed two years after the stadium opened, but Philadelphia was so confident in the fans behavior that they built and staffed the jail for two years.

4) I enjoy verbally sparring with opposing fans. However, when you lay a hand on someone in a malicious way, you cross a line that has been established by society and is reflected in the laws. So to tell me to toughen up when attending a football game is assinine. I was walking the concourse alone and was repeatedly run into on purpose by hundreds of fans. I didn't complain then, and I am not c mplaining now. I was simply pointing out how classy Fecals fans can be when they outnumber you 500 to 1. Take it like a man? Last I checked, if this happens at McDonalds you file a police report for assault.

5) A PG COunty cop used pepper spray to break up a fight involving a Philly fan -- shocking, I know. A Philly fan involved in a fight?

A Philly fan poured beer on Portis' mom for crying out loud. And you wanna sit there and pretend like Philly fabs are classier than Skins fans?

Archived