Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top ten NFC east Qb's in the last 40 years.

Tommy-the-Greek

Since I am bored to death sitting home on sick leave due to my damn back going out again. I just wanted to have some fun with some top tens in the NFC east.:D

1. Sonny

2. Staubach

3. Aikman

4. White

5. Joey T

6. Simms

7. Cunningham

8. Hart

9. Jaws

10. McNabb

mentions- Lomax, Williams, Rypen, Snead, Tittle, Plummer,

Henry, I originally had Simms and White reversed, but after thinking back on those 2. Simms never really beat us his "D" did. White I will always remember as pulling some throws out of his arse to beat us. So for just the sheer ability to piss me off I put white where I did.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

Henry, I originally had Simms and White reversed, but after thinking back on those 2. Simms never really beat us his "D" did. White I will always remember as pulling some throws out of his arse to beat us. So for just the sheer ability to piss me off I put white where I did.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ah. Understood. :)

But in all fairness, White always seemed to come up short in big games. For example, against us White was 0-1 in the NFC Championship, Simms was 1-0. And then he went on to go 21 of 24 or some other equally insanely high comp percentage in the Superbowl. White never came close to doing that.

1.Staubach

2.Sonny

3.Aikman

4.Cunningham

5.Theismann

6.Simms

7.McNabb

8.Jaws

9.White

10.Rypien (if for only one incredible year...)

11. Clint Longley (just kidding)

Actually, Craig Morton should be considered as well (I think). After getting no love in Dallas, didn't he take Denver deep into the playoffs? I was pretty young then, so maybe someone can clarify that for me.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

1.Staubach

2.Sonny

3.Aikman

4.Cunningham

5.Theismann

6.Simms

7.McNabb

8.Jaws

9.White

10.Rypien (if for only one incredible year...)

11. Clint Longley (just kidding)

Actually, Craig Morton should be considered as well (I think). After getting no love in Dallas, didn't he take Denver deep into the playoffs? I was pretty young then, so maybe someone can clarify that for me.

I agree more with this list, except I'd switch Staubach and Sonny. I think McNabb is already better than Jaws, and if he continues he will pass Cunningham.

Let's break it down like this, top QB's by team:

Cardinals

Hart

Lomax

Eagles

Jaworski

McNabb

Cunningham

Snead

Giants

Simms

Hostetler

Collins

Tittle

Cowboys

Staubach

Aikman

White

Meredith

Redskins

Jurgenson

Thiesman

Kilmer

Rypien

Overall Top Ten:

1. Staubach

2. Jurgenson

3. Aikman

4. Simms

5. Thiesman

6. Hart

7. Jaworski

8. McNabb

9. Rypien

10. White

To be honest, I would put Collins ahead of Hostetler. Hostetler was a career backup and only played in the second SB year because Simms got hurt. Hostetler was the beneficiary of Bill Parcells, a good running game and a still vaunted defense that was able to do what no other could do and that is hold the Bills under 20 that year. Collins has already taken the Giants to the SB, the playoffs a separate year and has had numbers Hostetler was never able to put up.

Originally posted by redman

Let's break it down like this, top QB's by team:

Cardinals

Hart

Lomax

Eagles

Jaworski

McNabb

Cunningham

Snead

Giants

Simms

Hostetler

Collins

Tittle

Cowboys

Staubach

Aikman

White

Meredith

Redskins

Jurgenson

Thiesman

Kilmer

Rypien

Overall Top Ten:

1. Staubach

2. Jurgenson

3. Aikman

4. Simms

5. Thiesman

6. Hart

7. Jaworski

8. McNabb

9. Rypien

10. White

I wouldn't have Jaws over either Cunningham or McNabb- IMO

Jaws did take your team to it's only super bowl appearance. Cunningham should have done that with the late 80 Ryan teams and had a chance the first 2 years with Kotite. The Eagles had an excellent "D" for about a 4 year period and never made it to the big dance. That is Cunningham's fault. But if you are only 16 you didn't live thru it. Cunningham has always choked in the playoffs. He even choked with the 15-1 Vikings.;)

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

He even choked with the 15-1 Vikings.;)

Can't agree with that last statement Tommy. Cunningham played a great game. It was Randy Moss who choked!!! He dropped a perfectly thrown long bomb in the end zone. Randall played a great game while the rest of the team choked.

Archived