Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Which NFL Coach Would You Want?

zCommander

Sean Payton. I think he will be one of the best coaches for years to come. He holds his players accountable for everything. I love his fiery attitude on the sidelines. Not sure if many of you remember, but since i watch alot of film i came across it the other day last year in the NFC Championship game one of the back up TE jumped a snap count. Payton immediatly pulled him out of the game and chewed him out on the sidelines. You can see the play trying to make an excuse to Payton and all you see Payton lip in utter discust is "You're Full of poop (for lack of the better word)". Im also a big fan of Jon Gruden as well i like guys who show emotions on the sidelines.

Cowher had winning seasons with Kordell Stewart at QB, now need i say more? And almost went to the super bowl with a rookie till they lost to who, oh, the patriots, hey cant argue with losing to them

Yep. All a coach can do is get the players to realize there full potential. It takes a special roster to win the big one. He kept them competitive every single year regardless of who came and went. Unbelievable coach.

You think it's a coincidence that Fedex became a sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing after he returned to be a head coach?? It's not. In fact, it's exactly how Snyder lured him back into football, and it's the primary reason he came back to coach the redskins - so he could add a car to his fleet. He is ignorantly idolized by many on this board. Appreciating what he did in the past is one thing, but projecting it on his current failed tenure is another.

yeah Gibbs came back for a car. dumbass. if wanted another car he would have bought one and had no problem getting sponsors for it.

I always liked Andy Reid. Eventually he and the Feagles will get sick of each other and part ways.

His offense and Snyder's wallet, will make a good team.

That is a very good point. Andy Reid with a young Donovan McNabb esque player, that could go far.

yeah Gibbs came back for a car. dumbass. if wanted another car he would have bought one and had no problem getting sponsors for it.

Oh really? I'm a dumbass? Ok genius, why don't you answer some questions for me: How much is Gibbs getting paid over his 5 year contract? How much does it cost to fund an additional nascar vehicle for ONE year? I'll give you a hint: the values are pretty close. It's not that easy to get a sponsor, and no, he couldn't have just "bought" another car. When you learn the answers to those questions, come back and talk to me like an intelligent human being instead of the mindless neanderthal that you have shown yourself to be.

Oh really? I'm a dumbass? Ok genius, why don't you answer some questions for me: How much is Gibbs getting paid over his 5 year contract? How much does it cost to fund an additional nascar vehicle for ONE year? I'll give you a hint: the values are pretty close. It's not that easy to get a sponsor, and no, he couldn't have just "bought" another car. When you learn the answers to those questions, come back and talk to me like an intelligent human being instead of the mindless neanderthal that you have shown yourself to be.

yes you are dumb if you truly believe the Joe Gibbs was lured back to the Skins by Snyder bribing him with a nascar vehicle.

1)i dont give a damn what Gibbs gets paid over his 5 year deal. his nascar team was already successfull and he was part owner of an NFL franchise. he didnt need to come back here for a new car. that is rediculous.

2) winning teams get sponsors very easily. didnt Gibbs just take jr. but not bud? didnt see any problem with that one.

3) if you want to be spoken to in an intelligent manner dont blather on about rediculous theories that you yourself have dreamt up.

4) i have proven myself to be annoyed by silly little boys and their conspiracy theories. you on the other hand have proved yourself to be dellusional. next you will tell me that we didnt land on the moon and that JFK is alive and hangin with elvis down in jamaica.

yes you are dumb if you truly believe the Joe Gibbs was lured back to the Skins by Snyder bribing him with a nascar vehicle.

1)i dont give a damn what Gibbs gets paid over his 5 year deal. his nascar team was already successfull and he was part owner of an NFL franchise. he didnt need to come back here for a new car. that is rediculous.

2) winning teams get sponsors very easily. didnt Gibbs just take jr. but not bud? didnt see any problem with that one.

JR isn't racing for JGR he is going to race for Hendrick and Kyle Busch is going to race for Gibbs. That being said, him coming back had nothing to do with Snyder getting him another team to field. That is nonsense trumped up to get people like you pissed off. He had a championship winning race team and chose FEDEX over 24 potential sponsors fighting to give him money to field a car. He chose the most "wholesome" of the bunch and the one that would give him total control over driver selection which is key in NASCAR. He fields Tony Stewart for gods sake he does not need Snyder. In fact they are talking about a possible 4th team if all goes well next year and they all make the "chase".

JR isn't racing for JGR he is going to race for Hendrick and Kyle Busch is going to race for Gibbs. That being said, him coming back had nothing to do with Snyder getting him another team to field. That is nonsense trumped up to get people like you pissed off. He had a championship winning race team and chose FEDEX over 24 potential sponsors fighting to give him money to field a car. He chose the most "wholesome" of the bunch and the one that would give him total control over driver selection which is key in NASCAR. He fields Tony Stewart for gods sake he does not need Snyder. In fact they are talking about a possible 4th team if all goes well next year and they all make the "chase".

thank you for the correction, honestly i know nothing about nascar, its just not my thing. i was basing my statement off of what a guy told me a few days ago. and the guy did piss me off, i do not like it when anyone tries to disparage Gibbs character.

Yep. All a coach can do is get the players to realize there full potential. It takes a special roster to win the big one. He kept them competitive every single year regardless of who came and went. Unbelievable coach.

Monk, This is very well said, a great post.

People who say Cower is lucky or not a good coach are mindless. I will prove that right now.

Cower took over the team in 1992. The team had gone 7-9. The steelers had only 1 playoff appearence in 5 years. (so there goes the browns/bengals arguement)

His first season the team went 11-5. He earned homefield advantage.

In 2005, the team made the superbowl.

Cower took his team to the playoffs for his first 6 years. --That is incredible.

At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

Cower won a superbowl as we all know and went to 2.

8 division titles in 15 years.

6 conference championship games.

2 superbowls

1 ring.

Someone said that the AFC was horrible for the majority of Cowers run. That is incorrect. Starting in 1997, the AFC can be said to be the better conference. That would mean the AFC was better for over half of his carear.

Yes when the AFC domanice started can be debated but to say the majority of his carear the AFC was bad is incorrect.

As someone already said. 2 of the division teams, Titans only had 5 losing seasons. That is pretty good. The ravens turned into a powerhouse and won a superbowl.

Cower was great. The best ever? Hell no. But he was the model of consistancy and the model of winning no matter who his players were.

yeah cowher did great. 307 years to "win" a SB that was a gift. chin notwithstanding hes average at best.

No offense, but Cowher was the most consistent coach in the modern era. He made the playoffs and actaully went to the conference championship a few times. I don't think that his Super Bowl was a gift either. The steelers were the first team to win all three games on the road against teams that might have been considered superior. I don't think that you are giving Cowher the credit that he deserves. If Gibbs were to leave and Cowher want to come here. I would say take him in heartbeat. Outside of our coach and Bellichick, he is probably in the top coaching out there that is either retired or currently coaching.

No offense, but Cowher was the most consistent coach in the modern era. He made the playoffs and actaully went to the conference championship a few times. I don't think that his Super Bowl was a gift either. The steelers were the first team to win all three games on the road against teams that might have been considered superior. I don't think that you are giving Cowher the credit that he deserves. If Gibbs were to leave and Cowher want to come here. I would say take him in heartbeat. Outside of our coach and Bellichick, he is probably in the top coaching out there that is either retired or currently coaching.

im not against cowher. i dont think for one second that he is a better coach then Joe Gibbs. BUT that SB WAS a very nice dainty gift wrapped present for pittsburg. seriously the refs GAVE that game to them. as a Redskin fan i wanteds the seahawks to lose but after watching the game multiple times the hawks were cheated.

So it is his fault that the refs may or may not have given the game away, which I don't believe. The seahawks were actually pretty much domniated in my opinion. The win was clean. I don't think that there was anything wrong with the game. Ben's touchdown was legitimate. All the ball has to do was touch the front of the line, which it did. I can't complain about the steelers win and their over all season. They won it the hard way.

I'm a huge Nascar fan and your post is confusing me. Joe Gibbs came back to coaching so his son would stop racing the cars. Remember his son retired after an accident and came north to help coach the redskins? That's how it went down. He was going to go back to race the Car but Coach Gibbs and his wife had a deal that would keep him out of Race Cars and it did.

thank you for the correction, honestly i know nothing about nascar, its just not my thing. i was basing my statement off of what a guy told me a few days ago. and the guy did piss me off, i do not like it when anyone tries to disparage Gibbs character.

99.9% of us love Gibbs. Can't help that .1%. I'm with you HTTR.

Archived