Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Which NFL Coach Would You Want?

zCommander

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/throwing-it-out-there/2007/08/which_nfl_coach_would_you_want.html

If you read some of the comments by the "fans" they are halirous. I am going to list some that stood out for me:

Dan Snyder - you know he thinks that he can coach (just like he can kick field goals)

Posted by: Vinny | August 27, 2007 06:49 PM

- Look at the poster name above - :laugh:

Actually Mark Brunell might make a good coach, the guy's smart, lost a step coz he's older, but still sharper than 99% other NFL guys

Posted by: Zap | August 28, 2007 07:07 AM

- When does the hurting stop!!

Joe Gibbs?

Man, we're still living in the past comparing it all to the "good ole days".

Get real. IT'S IN THE PAST. It's done.

JG is only good for making us all THINK its getting better, filling the stadium, and getting dbl paid by FedEx for his racing team.

My props go to Bill Cower.

Posted by: The Dude Abides... | August 29, 2007 03:45 PM

- When did FedEx buy the Redskins. His comments are just stupid.

Bill Belichick seems to be the coach of choice to go with.

Anyways you guys have fun with it.

If you read some of the comments by the "fans" they are halirous. I am going to list some that stood out for me:

Dan Snyder - you know he thinks that he can coach (just like he can kick field goals)

Actually Mark Brunell might make a good coach, the guy's smart, lost a step coz he's older, but still sharper than 99% other NFL guys

Joe Gibbs?

JG is only good for making us all THINK its getting better, filling the stadium, and getting dbl paid by FedEx for his racing team.

of topic but that indian chick, i forget her name, is so hot that she hurts my feeling.

Joe Gibbs?

LMFAO! Cowher 15 years to get 1 SB??? Are you F***ing serious? He's a joke and so is this post...idiot! :doh:

Joe Gibbs?

I have to know...who is that in your sig??

People actually think Cohwer is a bad coach. :doh:

Do yourself a favor and just start ignoring their comments straight away for anything football related.

Cowher's stats are the definition of padded. In his years of coaching he "had" to play the Browns, the Bengals, and the Ravens twice a year. Don't forget, that before the realignment, he also saw the Titans twice a season as well, and let's not forget that with the exception of the past few seasons, the AFC was nowhere near as competitive as the NFC used to be.

All of his division rivals, with the exception of the Browns, have had the off good year, but for most of his tenure, Cowher did not have much competion in his own division. Yet, he only managed to make it the the SB twice, the first time thanks to the absence of instant replay, and the second time the victory was gift wrapped by the officials before the game began.

Imagine what Gibbs' record would have been had he coached the Steelers for those fifteen years.

Cowher's stats are the definition of padded. In his years of coaching he "had" to play the Browns, the Bengals, and the Ravens twice a year. Don't forget, that before the realignment, he also saw the Titans twice a season as well, and let's not forget that with the exception of the past few seasons, the AFC was nowhere near as competitive as the NFC used to be.

All of his division rivals, with the exception of the Browns, have had the off good year, but for most of his tenure, Cowher did not have much competion in his own division. Yet, he only managed to make it the the SB twice, the first time thanks to the absence of instant replay, and the second time the victory was gift wrapped by the officials before the game began.

Imagine what Gibbs' record would have been had he coached the Steelers for those fifteen years.

Where to start....

Should JG's legacy be less because he was able to coach against the Cardinals all those years? He also got to beat up on the cowboys pretty regularly when they had down years...and the Eagles.

I guess that means Andy Reid isn't a good coach because he was able to beat the teams in the NFCE pretty consistantly too.

Cowher accomplished all that he did with slightly above average talent at QB, RB, and WR. His defense was re-tooled almost every year because he worked for an owner who didn't want to pay to keep quality players.

During Cowhers tenure, the Titans/Oilers only had 5 losing seasons. The Ravens also only had 5 losing seasons. I will agree with you on the Browns and Bengals though even though Pittsburgh did face the Browns in the playoffs in 1994.

However, He took his team to the playoffs 10 times compared to JG's 9.

Where to start....

Should JG's legacy be less because he was able to coach against the Cardinals all those years? He also got to beat up on the cowboys pretty regularly when they had down years...and the Eagles.

I guess that means Andy Reid isn't a good coach because he was able to beat the teams in the NFCE pretty consistantly too.

Cowher accomplished all that he did with slightly above average talent at QB, RB, and WR. His defense was re-tooled almost every year because he worked for an owner who didn't want to pay to keep quality players.

During Cowhers tenure, the Titans/Oilers only had 5 losing seasons. The Ravens also only had 5 losing seasons. I will agree with you on the Browns and Bengals though even though Pittsburgh did face the Browns in the playoffs in 1994.

However, He took his team to the playoffs 10 times compared to JG's 9.

Are you serious??? Outside of the Cardinals, we had the toughest division in football during Gibbs I. Every team, except the cardinals, took their turns winning the division during that time period. We, the Redskins, did win more division titles than the others during that time, but the Eagles had a couple, Dallas had a few, and the Giants had their share with a couple of SB victories.

Hell, our division was so tough, that the first team to ever sweep in this division was the Eagles, and that was just a few years ago.

Cowher had winning seasons with Kordell Stewart at QB, now need i say more? And almost went to the super bowl with a rookie till they lost to who, oh, the patriots, hey cant argue with losing to them

Anyone who thinks Cowher is an average coach, has issues.

The guy won with marginal talent, year in and year out. There is no such thing as a lucky SB win. It takes 19 games to get there. So stop with stupidity.

The guy has what it takes to build a team and win year in and year out. You cannot say that about many coaches.

Joe Gibbs?

You think it's a coincidence that Fedex became a sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing after he returned to be a head coach?? It's not. In fact, it's exactly how Snyder lured him back into football, and it's the primary reason he came back to coach the redskins - so he could add a car to his fleet. He is ignorantly idolized by many on this board. Appreciating what he did in the past is one thing, but projecting it on his current failed tenure is another.

Archived