Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Sean Taylor get his weight back up?

TheTotalPackage

Ummm he didnt "brush him off." It almost looked like Sean went over him on purpose to avoid killing him.

BTW the way ST and LL are being used is because of their styles, not their size. Sean is better in coverage. LL has been known to have suspect hands and is a more inside the box type safety.

This board is full of too much homers some times :doh:

yo, clearly mcnair slid to avoid the hit, making sean look like doofus missing a tackle..time that slide a little better and mcnair is on jacked up for sure, now as far as his weight goes im glad he lost, cuz im sure its great to b known as a big hit safety but its the more well rounded safetys that make it especially to the HOF. Its like any job u have, u cant just be a meast at filing papers in the office, what about typing, faxing, answering telephones etc. any sane person knows u cover ALL UR BASES if u wanna be considered the best

I don't think he should bring his weight up... he already said it was the same as last year. ST hasn't really done that much wrong, him and Rocky overpursued their man on a touchdown that the Ravens had, but otherwise we haven't really gotten the chance to see much out of him. The only thing I saw that I didn't like... against the Steelers a ball was thrown to his man and it looked like he had the route read and instead of attacking the ball or trying to break up the pass it almost looked as if he let the receiver catch it so he could lower his shoulder and try to crush him, and while he didn't crush him the receiver still caught it for a huge gain. I think he needs to be smarter and try and get the ball rather than go for a knock out blow... those will come, but turnovers are hard to come by.

you guys are funny. The first bone jarring hit from Taylor and all of a sudden he magically wont look so small...:rolleyes:

Extremeskins, where mole hills are mountains.

Yep. A place where folks will search and find things to worry about. :)

Guest RideorDieChic
i don't think that's true. i mean he said it..i read that article....but he's an enigma anyway so i don't necessarily believe him.

He is an enigma, and you ARE? Who and what exactly?

So, let's see, we should disregard what Sean Taylor said about himself, and instead lend your opinions more clout? Right? Sure...

Not meaning to emphasize what is already obvious but ' TheTotalPackage' You have even less validity and knowledge of Sean Taylor about himself [just incase you didn't realize it]....

a foot is an exaggeration, but he's noticably smaller up there. it's more about the momentum than anything. his hits don't have the same impact.

a big part of his game is intimidation. and my thing is if it doesn't seem like he's bringing it the same way, teams won't give him the same respect.

He's also gotten quicker, which will provide more impact.

So, let's see, we should disregard what Sean Taylor said about himself, and instead lend your opinions more clout? Right? Sure...

Not meaning to emphasize what is already obvious but ' TheTotalPackage' You have even less validity and knowledge of Sean Taylor about himself [just incase you didn't realize it]....

well i'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say, but athletes fabricate or exaggerate information all the time. st also said that ryan clark's departure didn't affect him at all. to hear JC tell it, his fantasy video is real. so if his weight isn't exactly what he says it is, i wouldn't be surprised.

he's noticably smaller, and i'm not the only one who noticed it. you don't have to be a personal trainer or strength coach to tell.

he was already one of the fastest safeties in the league. i haven't seen anything that would suggest he's quicker now as opposed to last year. as a matter of fact, i know it's preseason but i really haven't seen much of him at all when he's on the field. the jury's still out whether that's a good thing or not.

He is an enigma, he hardly speaks to reporters, nobody has any clue about what sort of person he is. He is very mysterious.

:applause: at being a:jerk:

weight or not, he better start tackling better instead of going for the KO with every shot. McNair made him look stupid with a tiny side-slide.

~Bang

How did McNair make him look stupid? McNair basically fell down avoiding the hit. So what if he didn't light him up. If McNair had decided to stay upright and go for more yards he would have been lit up. Instead he ducked and fell. What else do you guys want?

According to another thread, all he has to do to get his weight back up is go eat with Portis at Mickey D's.

He was going for the big hit on McNair and McNair ducked. It's not the first time it has happened to Taylor and it won't be the last. I am not too worried.

Sean played light when he was @ the U does it change how he hits if he did lose weight no. Look @ Ed Reed,Brandon Merriweather,Laron Landry,Troy Polamau, these goes weigh under 210 pounds but you see them punish people right. Think @ it this way Sean is Asked to play centerfield and pick off anything that comes in his area just like his Days @ the U. Sean is going be a beast this year because he gets to do what he did in his college days get turnovers and he will still make his hits remember guys he really can't hit nobody if are defense is stuffing the team in the first place what do u want to run 15 yards to get a tackle that's only going to gain a yard or 2 no doesn't make sense. Sean Taylor is a monster and will remain that way just wait for regular season when we open aganist the Phins

i don't think that's true. i mean he said it..i read that article....but he's an enigma anyway so i don't necessarily believe him.

I agree. It's nonsense that he says he's same weight. Just look at pics from this year versus last. He's much, much trimmer. But maybe he just got more sinewy muscle and less fat (not that he had much) so in that case it is possible the actual weight number didnt change much (given the relative weights of muscle and fat). But there is no doubt he is smaller. Whether thats a problem, I don't know. I tend to doubt it. I'll be it just means he's faster by a step or two.

And the fact is as fun as it is to seem him kill people what he really needs to do is take the right angles and break up plays before they become big. and he needs to force fumbles and get picks. cant be playing for the sporscenter highlight or "jacked up" mention. and i think he knows this

Sean played light when he was @ the U does it change how he hits if he did lose weight no. Look @ Ed Reed,Brandon Merriweather,Laron Landry,Troy Polamau, these goes weigh under 210 pounds but you see them punish people right. Think @ it this way Sean is Asked to play centerfield and pick off anything that comes in his area just like his Days @ the U. Sean is going be a beast this year because he gets to do what he did in his college days get turnovers and he will still make his hits remember guys he really can't hit nobody if are defense is stuffing the team in the first place what do u want to run 15 yards to get a tackle that's only going to gain a yard or 2 no doesn't make sense. Sean Taylor is a monster and will remain that way just wait for regular season when we open aganist the Phins

Archived