Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Sean Taylor get his weight back up?

TheTotalPackage

Yeah your right ST is going to lie about his weight. Sorry dude he's not a girl i am sure he's telling the truth and he's the one getting on the scale not us.

Well he is starting to look like a supermodel. So why wouldn't he lie about his weight, unless he is doing heroin with a supermodel and that's why he is getting skinny.

Are you sure football players don't lie about their height/weight. Even on my sons middle school football team, some of the kids heights/weights were exaggerated a little bit.

I like ST just as much as you. However, I do think that he could bulk up a bit so he can put more of an impact on his hits this year.

Sean Taylor is 225 according to himself. If he added muscle and lost a lot of fat, then it makes sense that he didn;t drop that much weight, but looks slimmer.

He is fine if he is 220. He is quicker and healthier. He hasn;t been very active because not alot of teams are going deep on him and he is playing deep safety.

As much as I love taylor, he also said he didnt spit in pittmans face. I think he lost weight.

I don't hink Taylor spit in Pittman's face. He obviosuly spit at him, but Taylor hit his own face mask and it fell to the ground as shown in the video. Pittman didn't wipe himself.

but that is a whole nother issue.

Have you seen how stocky Laron Landry is? He is perfect for the box. I think Sean Taylor should keep his weight and play ballhawk.

He need all the speed he can get. Even at his current weight now Sean Taylor can decimate wide recievers. So no need to change that.

As for ST's visual size (what he looks like), he still looks physically imposing. He has a big frame, and if you look at him next to the linebackers, he still looks like he could play LB. As for his actual weight, he told people that he's 225, what's not to believe? He was listed at 233 to 236 last season, so it's not like he lost that much weight, if he did lose any at all. Some of the hardest hitters in the NFL like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are around 200 pounds. Hell, ST is STILL 20 pounds heavier than LL, and LL as we all know can lay some people out. As for their playing styles, ST is a ballhawk with great hands and returning ability, and LL has better blitzing skills, that's all. We'll be seeing ST lay people out in the secondary, not close to the line of scrimmage, and we'll also see more picks out of him. That's it.

Guest RideorDieChic
well i'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say, but athletes fabricate or exaggerate information all the time. st also said that ryan clark's departure didn't affect him at all. to hear JC tell it, his fantasy video is real. so if his weight isn't exactly what he says it is, i wouldn't be surprised.

he's noticably smaller, and i'm not the only one who noticed it. you don't have to be a personal trainer or strength coach to tell.

he was already one of the fastest safeties in the league. i haven't seen anything that would suggest he's quicker now as opposed to last year. as a matter of fact, i know it's preseason but i really haven't seen much of him at all when he's on the field. the jury's still out whether that's a good thing or not.

Athletes are not the only ones who fabricate or exaggerate information, many fans do it as well, especially here. My point is that your observations of him appearing to have lost weight and his statements stating that he hasn't, doesn't lend your statements any more value or validity, who are you? {no offense}....

I totally agree with you in that the jury is out as to whether or not ST's "new" regime is going to have an adverse outcome to his performace on the field [ soon we will see].... As to whether or not he lost weight, only him, his trainers and coaches know.

If he's lighter and quicker he should in theory be better in coverage. He's still big for a safety and will be able to lay down the same kind of jarring hits because he'll be able to generate more velocity.

But I would like to see him pick his spots and put fundamentals first. The big hits will come if you're in the right place at the right time.

How did McNair make him look stupid? McNair basically fell down avoiding the hit. So what if he didn't light him up. If McNair had decided to stay upright and go for more yards he would have been lit up. Instead he ducked and fell. What else do you guys want?

air mcnair blew right past him

my worry is that sean taylor has gotten too small. he looks nowhere near as physically imposing as we're acustomed to seeing him. i just saw him make a tackle (vs the ravens about 20 seconds ago and it looked like he got the worst of it..even though the man went down. now, steve mcnair just brushed him off. i'm not used to seeing ST in that position. he's not the same.

i think he needs to get his weight back up around his shoulders, retain that burliness we're used to seeing him have. the player with whom he is most compared to (ronnie lott) pretty much stayed top heavy throughout his career. i don't see any reason why ST can't do the same.

aside from those minor complaints on ST, the safety experiment seems to be working out. but, in a somewhat related topic, was anyone surprised with the way the two safeties are being used? ST was known as the biggest hitter in the league (6'3 and 235lbs) and by far the most physically imposing. LaRon landry is shorter and slighter at 6'0 and 205. i'm not a coach, bt it would've been my natural instinct to put ST in the box and shadow tight ends and let LR be the centerfielder. I'm not saying this is the way it should be done..just saying this would've been my instinct. anybody else feel like they would've done this?

Did he actually lose weight, I heard he did but he stills looks about the same size to me.

We got 2 safties that can blitz, stop the run, and play the pass well. I'd say we are safe at the safety spot for now.

The defense seems much improved based on last years preseason compared to now. Our saftey net on D is now our Safties :cheers:

By the way, in the nfl now you gotta have safties that can cover and stop the run or teams will just keep attacking them and if your worried about ST your really not watching the same games that I'm watching.

my worry is that sean taylor has gotten too small. he looks nowhere near as physically imposing as we're acustomed to seeing him. i just saw him make a tackle (vs the ravens about 20 seconds ago and it looked like he got the worst of it..even though the man went down. now, steve mcnair just brushed him off. i'm not used to seeing ST in that position. he's not the same.

i think he needs to get his weight back up around his shoulders, retain that burliness we're used to seeing him have. the player with whom he is most compared to (ronnie lott) pretty much stayed top heavy throughout his career. i don't see any reason why ST can't do the same.

aside from those minor complaints on ST, the safety experiment seems to be working out. but, in a somewhat related topic, was anyone surprised with the way the two safeties are being used? ST was known as the biggest hitter in the league (6'3 and 235lbs) and by far the most physically imposing. LaRon landry is shorter and slighter at 6'0 and 205. i'm not a coach, bt it would've been my natural instinct to put ST in the box and shadow tight ends and let LR be the centerfielder. I'm not saying this is the way it should be done..just saying this would've been my instinct. anybody else feel like they would've done this?

I have noticed Sean Taylor being pushed around since the scrimmage game and commented every time.

I remember one game where as a smaller receiver was handling him and in the same game that same receiver snapped his head back and I shook my head.

I hope he was out there BSing, because I don't want to see that **** again.

Archived