Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Lupica Just stated...

jRight

Seriously, he's not far off. I've loved the Skins for 26 seasons and even I'm tired of the lack of competition for the playoffs. Yes, we made the playoffs 2 years ago...that was then, this is now. Our team has to step it up and play like they're part of a great, historical franchise. I'm feeling good about our defense now I just have to feel comfortable with our offense again.

Right! I have been a Redskins fan for 25 years and we are not exactly world beaters the past 10 years. Our owner throws money around to every single bum that comes out on the free agent market, people hate us because of this. When Mr. Cooke ran things we were the media darling, now everyone hates our little owner and they take a shot every single chance they get. Do not take it personal, if you were a fan of another team you would hate the little shrimp as well.

I saw the Sorts Reporters for some strange reason.I think the contempt across the country is more for Synder than the team itself which has silde in respectability in the last few seasons.He's in a long line of biased Northeat based writiers who rarely sneak out of the five boroughs to see the world beyond Yanks/Red Sox or Giants/Pats/Jets to give a damn.

I for one could careless.Winning changes all persecption

Seriously, he's not far off. I've loved the Skins for 26 seasons and even I'm tired of the lack of competition for the playoffs. Yes, we made the playoffs 2 years ago...that was then, this is now. Our team has to step it up and play like they're part of a great, historical franchise. I'm feeling good about our defense now I just have to feel comfortable with our offense again.

What he said. :helmet:

He's an outsider, without any passion for the Redskins, who is looking at their recent history. The fact of the matter is that we've haven't exactly lit up the league for awhile. Why should he say anything differently? Get a grip people.

What he said to. :helmet:

He's an outsider, without any passion for the Redskins, who is looking at their recent history. The fact of the matter is that we've haven't exactly lit up the league for awhile. Why should he say anything differently? Get a grip people.

That's all well and good, but then he shouldn't turn right around and heap praise on the Dallas Cowboys who have been worse than us for the last decade and have career underachiever Wade Phillips as their head coach.

And as for being an consistent NFL power-

The Cowboys last title was 12 years and 5 coaches ago.

The Skins last title was 16 years and 4 coaches (5 if you want to count Robiskie) ago.

Are the Dallas/Jerry Jones "glory days" really any more recent than the Skins?

I think being critical of the Skins since Gibbs 1 is more than fair. But to blame it on Snyder and/or to not apply the same criteria to other franchises just points to the bias and thus invalidates his opinion as being that of an "expert" and rather just reveals him as being yet another know nothing Redskin/Snyder hater.

Archived