Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ireland, Lunesta, & political t-shirts

E-Dog Night

So I'm flying to Ireland on Monday, and I'm pretty friggin excited to say the least. It's been over 20 years since I've been overseas and I've never been to the Emerald Isle. I started a thread a few weeks ago regarding a certain political shirt that I joked about wearing while there. Some people didn't find it too funny, so if you were one of them (and you actually care) you'll be glad to know that I'm keeping the number of political shirts I own at zero.

But I would like to know from those who've been there what's in the "can't miss" catagory. I'll be staying in county Donegal if that means anything to you.

Also, since I enjoy flying about as much as getting shot, I convinced my doctor to give me some Lunesta samples to help me sleep on the plane (those guys aren't too tough to convince, truth be told). Just wondering if anyone here has taken Lunesta before and what it was like, especially once you woke up.

Things to do in Donegal:

(1) drink

(2) watch the rain

(3) have another drink.

More helpfully, in Donegal much like most of rural Ireland the activities are limited to enjoying the countryside, playing golf and looking at ancient ruins.

Donegal has a great rugged coastline. Plan to do coastal hiking in waterproof gear and enjoy Guinness in its native habitat.

Ah, will probably skip that, for various reasons.

I was kind of hoping for "the best fish & chips in irelans is in..." or perhaps, "there's this little fishing town near galway where you can..."

Stuff like that.

Donegal is in the far northwest, many miles from a lot of the stuff you would normally recommend. Where are you flying into, how long are you staying there (and where specifically) and do you plan to travel around?

Also, what do you like to do?

Hey E I hope you have fun in Ireland. Its a place I have always wanted to go to. The Lunesta is a very good sleep aid. When you wake up you will probably most likely feel drugged for the first 30-60 mins. Nothing a good cup-o-joe can't help. Again have fun and be safe!

Donegal is in the far northwest, many miles from a lot of the stuff you would normally recommend. Where are you flying into, how long are you staying there (and where specifically) and do you plan to travel around?

Also, what do you like to do?

I'll be flying into Dublin but probably won't stay there for more than a day before heading to Donegal. I'll have a car so anything within a few hours driving distance is realistic.

I like golf. Alot. Pretty much could consider this a golf trip with room for other activities. I'll be staying with my fiance's family so they will take up a big chunk of my time, but I want to have a few things planned for getaways.

Thanks.

use this connection and if you roll over the red symbols they give you some historical sites in the area.

http://www.donegaldirect.com/map/mapping.aspx?Section=Flight+of+the+Earls&Category=Places+of+Interest

as you'll see on the map its some distance from Dublin. Take care if you are driving. Outside of Dublin, Ireland has a fairly poor road network. Dont expect too many 6 lane freeways! (i.e. none!) :)

It's in Dublin. And the nectar of the gods is called Guinness.

With a name like Corcaigh you are calling Guinness the nectar of the Gods ??????

Its either J.J Murphys porter, or Beamish irish stout. Beamish is brewed on the southside (I have family working there) and Murphys on the northside at the brewery which backs onto Lower John Street.

The Old Head of Kinsale is reached by a country lane, it will take you about 45 mins to reach after turning off the main road. You will find a monument to the people killed on the British Cunarder RMS Lusitania at the end of the road also. it is very bleak but also very beautiful.

Archived