Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hot WR FA on the market.

Zen-like Todd

Yeah. Let's sign Derrius Thompson. I'm all for it :0.

BTW, did anyone see that aborted Williams interception against Dallas where he got the ball in the end zone on the Edwards penalty and ran up field. Thompson just appeared to jet out of no where and I liked seeing it :).

Is it Isaac Bruce?

I was reading an article in the Baltimore Sun and the writer seemed to think that:

"The Ravens, who are a projected $17 million under next season's salary cap, could possibly add a high-profile receiver like Buffalo's Peerless Price, Arizona's David Boston or St. Louis' Isaac Bruce."

Does he know something we don't. Is Isaac Bruce a FA or is he presuming some kind of cap casaulty?

No, I'm talking about his twin brother, Marcus Westbrook, who was brought up on a deserted tropical island, and has been training in secret for the past 10 years. :silly:

Seriously though, I really wouldn't discount the possibility of him being brought into camp. It was mentioned when he was cut by the Bengals after coming off of his injury (although it may have been one of those "sources" things). The Washington Post has repeatedly mentioned bringing in TWO WRs, and I seriously doubt we'll have the cash to pursue two expensive prospects. AND, if someone offers Derrius way too much cash, why not bring Westbrook in? I mean, Stephen Davis won't be around next year. :D

...edit...

Did I mention he'd be dirt cheap? Like vet minimum cheap?

BTW, while I wouldnt be surprised if he were brought into camp, the motivation behind this thread is the one below where people are bandying about measurables like crazy in an attempt to define what a "good" receiver is. The simple fact of the matter is that Westbrook is one of the most complete packages to enter the NFL in a long time at the wide receiver position. He's larger (although, Owens has bulked up in the past few years), and coming into the league, was faster than Terrell Owens. He's taller and faster than Gardner, clocks a 40-time faster than any of the Rams receivers, and again, is larger than any of them. He towers over Peerless Price, for example, while clocking a faster 40. While giving up an inch and a tenth of a second in 40 time to Randy Moss, he is appreciably stronger. It is, in fact, incredibly difficult virtually impossible to come up with a top NFL receiver (perhaps outside of Moss) who has better all around "measurables" than Michael Westbrook.

So cool it with the "measurables are god" talk, ok?

Irving Fryar and Henry Ellard were extremely effective NFL receivers well into their 30s when they were running god awful 40 times, due to their precise route running, great hands, and ability to find spots in zones and trick defenders.

That said, If we can pick up a 6-7 WR who runs a 4.05 40, let's do it. :D

Cowboy fans sure were funny in the offseason. I remember people talking about how good Williams was. I remember them talking about the best offensive line in football. QCard even made fun of us because of their 400-pounders on the bench that would come in when we were tired.

To top it off, the funniest no-nothing Cowboy fan comment came from Jerry Jones who said, essentially, that both Carter and Hutchinson had a shot at the Pro Bowl this year and largely because both were Libras :).

TCO,

There is no point in bringing Westbrook in. When you can't even hold on to the starting job with the Bengals, something is wrong. And the problem isn't everyone else, it's him.

We are finall getting good vibes from Redskins Park, let's not ruin that by bringing back a past team cancer like Westbrook.

TheChoosen

I watched this guy on Hard knocks and he out ran Galloway and Ismail, clocked him at a 4.2 or something crazy, but he's dumb as a rock and can't catch. All they had him doing was playing special teams blocking Field Goals,Extra Points and punts. Also saw it on hard knocks where he was so dayum fast that he ran past the holder when he was trying to block the field goal. I'll pass on that rock....

Archived