Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rewatching the game. Something good.

Art

With the first teamers, I mainly watched Fletcher and Golston (for some reason.) Fletcher is going to be just what we needed. A good leader who flies to the ball. Golston was getting good push all night long. The ends weren't getting much (although Washington can bring the heat off the edge.)

I also liked Landry's play. I was not impressed with our cornerbacks, at all.

You cant excuse the fumbles, the first fumble was a real bad play by Campbell, he didnt see the blitz which was real easy to see and his responsiblity. I have high hopes for him but I thought last night was a below average performance. Mis-fired on some easy throws, missed reads, threw the ball late at times and had 2 turnovers.

He had 1 turnover. The Other fumble was picked up by cooley.

Go back to that blitz play and look at it. The Dback who sack campbell did a great job of disguising the blitz AND HE TIMED IT PERFECTLY and he unloaded on JC. So what was he supposed do? It was a good play on the titans

When He had time he made some great throws. I dont know what you where looking at. Yes he made a couple of bad throws but thats going to happend early in the season. You guys have no patience.

I noticed Rocky's play last night, but didn't get many comments on it in the game thread. He was fantastic. Stonewall, surefire tackling, and he wasn't letting the runners fall forward. It was great to see him playing his heart out there. If he keeps that up for another three weeks he's gonna lock himself into that starting linebacker spot for Week 1.

I was watching Rocky especially, after being very disappointed with his play on that pass to Heap during the scrimmage (WTF was he doing there)

I agree that he looked very good. The word I would use would be strong. His tackling, and his block shedding, looked very powerful and technically sound. The whole defense was tackling very well. The kind of "you arent going one inch further" tackles that take the ball-carrier right to the turf. I love to see that.

yes, i agree.. Rocky was very solid and surprised me... Jason was also good in my opinion based on the amount of time the O-line gave him, imagine if he had the same amount of time that Collins did... so both those guys impressed me... i gotta say though, Jon Jansen was HORRIBLE... and i think T. Wade needs a lot of work.. on that one pull to the right, he looked lost..

He had 1 turnover. The Other fumble was picked up by cooley.

Go back to that blitz play and look at it. The Dback who sack campbell did a great job of disguising the blitz AND HE TIMED IT PERFECTLY and he unloaded on JC. So what was he supposed do? It was a good play on the titans

When He had time he made some great throws. I dont know what you where looking at. Yes he made a couple of bad throws but thats going to happend early in the season. You guys have no patience.

My bad one turnover, 2 fumbles, still not good. I have watched the game again and your wrong about the blitz on the first fumble, it was any easy read and I saw it coming the first time. What do you consider disguised, the guy was at the end of the line the entire time looking like he was in the starting blocks for the 100 meters. I have patience but I am just giving a fair opinion of his performance.

All I have to say is

FROST 47 YARD AVG. :excited:

Frosty was killing them in pre-game also. He did have one or two 35 yard shanks, but he was much more consistent.

Also, the improvement from Holdman to McIntosh and Archuleta to Landry is unbelievable.

I love the way you broke Rocky's game down Art. He impressed me also with the way he took on blockers and shed them to make the tackle. He even made one tackle that I can remember, taking on a blocker with one arm, grabbing the runner with the other, then shedding the blocker completely to make the tackle.

My only concern with Rocky is that he is a little light in the ass at 232lbs and doesn't bring a lot behind some of his tackles. I'm hoping that that changes when the regular season arrives.

BTW Art, if you were asking for opinions on how Wade and Montgomery did in your last sentense; Wade held his own, while Mongomery nearly dominated his position with the first team IMO. I believe that Montgomery will be starting beside Griffin by our season opener.

Archived