Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

wtf milk prices going up too?

Leonard Washington

Damn...the price of milk coupled with the outrageous cost of cereal makes that bowl of cereal in the morning seem less enjoyable...I gots to have my cereal! :mad:

Try oatmeal made with water...it's good for you ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

Damn...the price of milk coupled with the outrageous cost of cereal makes that bowl of cereal in the morning seem less enjoyable...I gots to have my cereal! mad.gif

Try oatmeal made with water...it's good for you wink.gif

Yep...looks like that will have to do....maybe throw in some brown sugar and raisins. :D

No matter how jaded I think I've become about politics, it still baffles and amazes me how politicians can consistently overlook the general welfare to cater to a small special interest.

It's because that small special intrest funds his re-elections, retirements, kid's education, etc. This country is so corrupt and full of crap it's not even funny anymore.

We need another revolution to take out the trash....

I find it funny that everything is tied together by the so-called "experts".

Neil Cavuto was explaining that the increase of everything was caused by corn. :wtf:

When the government came to the realization that they could use corn to make thanol, and add it to fuel to "increase gas mileage" which it oddly doesn't do, they bought something like 80% of the corn fields and ordered a large number of farmers to only supply them with the corn.

As a result, there is only 20% of what there was of corn being produced for consumption, which results in the higher price of corn (obviously, it went from 75 cents to $1.29 here last week for del monte) the cost of chicken going up since they are fed corn, the cost of gas going up, because they managed to twist it into the rise of everything else corn related, and it just became the go-to excuse for anyone wanting to raise prices.

Last time I checked, I never saw any damn cows eating corn, so milk going up is absurd.

My uncle is a locomotive engineer for Union Pacific. He said that with the combo of diesel and electricity, the trains with a full load get 410 miles per gallon. That has caused nearly every manufacturer of consumable goods and services to use trains instead of trucks to transport their goods. This should mean the cost of things would go down, right? Wrong. As long as the average public is too oblivious to reality in the matter, they believe every company's fall back excuse for high prices as being a result of gas costs.

Back in the day, milk prices were regulated. What ever happened to that? There are people who say it still is, but it can't possibly be. When I was 16, and bought milk out of my own pocket for the first time, it cost me $2.69 for a gallon of 2% Pet. When my wife bought it for the first time on her own about 3 years ago, she ****ed that it was up to $3.19. Later that year, it jumped to $3.69, and to $4.19 last month at Wal-Mart. This morning, it was $4.88. If it was truly regulated like it had been, then why was there a nearly $2 hike in the last 2 years? It's total bull****.

Sad thing is, when they rape the public so much, people will have to go to soy milk, because it will eventually be cheaper (already better for you), but then the government, no doubt, will take over soy just like corn, and the cycle will continue.

It sucks, but realistically we can't do **** about it. All we can do, is stock up on the KY, bend over, and start stretching the glutes and get comfortable. There is no end in sight.

You ever raise and milk cows?

Actually, yes. I grew up on a farm in Plymouth, NC. We had chickens and hogs, and my Grandfather had cattle.

Cows are like humans with one thing....they can't digest cellulose. Corn is excessively high in cellulose, so giving them corn would do nothing. the feed consists of hay (because grass contains cellulose as well), dried blood, mainly soybeans, and even the occasional feather, natural "fertilizer" scooped up from the coups, and trout (in season).

Amazing how you can try to make a fool of someone and find out that they're actually the one that knows what they're talking about :D

What's silage then?

when used to feed cattle by people that know what they're doing, or using them for dairy, it's oats and alfalfa.

the only time it's made from corn, is to help grazing cattle rid their bodies of the lack of nutrients gained from eating grass. They use that for beef cattle.

when used to feed cattle by people that know what they're doing, or using them for dairy, it's oats and alfalfa.

the only time it's made from corn, is to help grazing cattle rid their bodies of the lack of nutrients gained from eating grass. They use that for beef cattle.

There are more dairy cows eating corn silage(at least in NC) then there are eating oats and alfalfa.

Wow, I thought $4.00 was a lot here in SC. I paid just under $3.00 at Sam's Club this week, so I guess I got a good deal. Our family has started using evaporated milk, because it's just too costly to buy three or four gallons per week, which is what we'd need. It doesn't taste as bad as powdered milk, and you get used to it.

Wow, I thought $4.00 was a lot here in SC. I paid just under $3.00 at Sam's Club this week, so I guess I got a good deal. Our family has started using evaporated milk, because it's just too costly to buy three or four gallons per week, which is what we'd need. It doesn't taste as bad as powdered milk, and you get used to it.

How long till the taste of vomit isn't noticable anymore? :puke:

There are more dairy cows eating corn silage(at least in NC) then there are eating oats and alfalfa.

Just curious, how do you come about your information? Even in NC they aren't too stupid to realize that for the price of 50 pounds of corn, you can by a combined total of around 250 pounds of oats and alfalfa. I just don't believe any dairy farmers anywhere are doing this, and haven't for many years.

Our family has a couple of large dairies. Corn is the most important part of the cows diet. We actually grow about 4000 acres of corn for corn silage, as well as buy corn and grind it ourselves. Every dairyman that i personally know around where i live feeds corn, and i live in an area where there are 300,000 milking cows. So are you saying that all those people don't know what their doing by feeding corn?

Our family has a couple of large dairies. Corn is the most important part of the cows diet. We actually grow about 4000 acres of corn for corn silage, as well as buy corn and grind it ourselves. Every dairyman that i personally know around where i live feeds corn, and i live in an area where there are 300,000 milking cows. So are you saying that all those people don't know what their doing by feeding corn?

That's exactly what I'm saying. It costs more money by a landslide, and it has absolutely zero benfit. Other than to be able to screw consumers on the milk prices, why do it?

That's exactly what I'm saying. It costs more money by a landslide, and it has absolutely zero benfit. Other than to be able to screw consumers on the milk prices, why do it?
what are you talking about?

someone doesn't know what they are talking about. :munchout:

Archived