Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot interview on Comcast Sports

jrfriedm

I'm not sure if anybody else saw it, but on CSN just now they were talking about the scrimmage today, and had a real short clip of Smoot talking about the INT.

Smoot: "They brought me back here to get the ball back for them, that's what I do, I major in ball retrevial".

I couldn't help but laugh my butt of at that comment, and feel so much better know that we have Smooty back here in the B&G.

Smoot does what he does. Man I sure am glad to have that boy back. People forget how good he was a couple years ago because of the 2 years he lost in Minnesota playing mostly cover defenses and not getting the numbers he had with us. Now he's back home and will shine in man defenses especially with all the help he has around him in the secondary. Smoot-Taylor-Landry-Springs.......find me a better secondary as a whole in the NFL I dare you. Ravens and Broncos are the closest but even they can't touch the bad dudes we got IMO. Smoot will finish the year with at least 5 picks, you heard it here first. Also, someone coming across the middle will die this year when Sean Taylor and Landry combine forces and break every bone in their body.

Hail.

lol at his comment of majoring in ball retrieval. Rogers must have switched out of that major...

Slamming Rogers is going to come back and bite you in the butt. Smoot coming back is going to have a great deal to do with it as well, mark my words. One-competition, Two-Smoot is a motivator, and Three-no having to worry about your safety covering you deep is the icing on the cake. You slam Rogers but why not Taylor? He did not have a great year either. Why, because again as numerous poster have stated, the secondary was depleted. Kenny Wright and AA are not Smoot and Landry.

Smoot does what he does. Man I sure am glad to have that boy back. People forget how good he was a couple years ago because of the 2 years he lost in Minnesota playing mostly cover defenses and not getting the numbers he had with us. Now he's back home and will shine in man defenses especially with all the help he has around him in the secondary. Smoot-Taylor-Landry-Springs.......find me a better secondary as a whole in the NFL I dare you. Ravens and Broncos are the closest but even they can't touch the bad dudes we got IMO. Smoot will finish the year with at least 5 picks, you heard it here first. Also, someone coming across the middle will die this year when Sean Taylor and Landry combine forces and break every bone in their body.

Hail.

I like our secondary too but Denver's is better. Champ, Dre Bly, and John Lynch? That is a better secondary. Champ can take the #1 receiver out of the game. We don't have a corner who can do that. And while Landry looks like he will be an animal, he hasn't played in the NFL yet.

Slamming Rogers is going to come back and bite you in the butt. Smoot coming back is going to have a great deal to do with it as well, mark my words. One-competition, Two-Smoot is a motivator, and Three-no having to worry about your safety covering you deep is the icing on the cake. You slam Rogers but why not Taylor? He did not have a great year either. Why, because again as numerous poster have stated, the secondary was depleted. Kenny Wright and AA are not Smoot and Landry.

If it does indeed "bite me in the butt", I will be very happy. I care more about the team doing well than being right about Rogers's inability to create turnovers.

I like our secondary too but Denver's is better. Champ, Dre Bly, and John Lynch? That is a better secondary. Champ can take the #1 receiver out of the game. We don't have a corner who can do that. And while Landry looks like he will be an animal, he hasn't played in the NFL yet.

Lynch is VASTLY over rated, but Champ and Dre Bly is all any one would need to say to convince me. Thats two #1 corners, and one of them is the best in the league.

You, like many fans, must forget how good Springs is when he's healthy, and Smoot, although he had 2 depressing years in Minnesota, is back to a scheme where he can play man and be completely comfortable. Both of them can shut-down whoever is lined up across them when they come to play. I believe these two (and Carlos Rogers if he ever shows the playmaking ability he did in college) make up part of the best secondary is football. Why? Because unlike Denver's overrated product of his defensive scheme John Lynch, and 5 different team machine Nick Ferguson, behind both our corners are the baddest safety in football, Sean Taylor, and LaRon Landry, a proven ANIMAL on defense. Regardless of whether he has played a snap in the NFL yet, he is an extremely smart, ball-hawking, hitting machine who knows where he needs to be all the time and has the ability to get there. I don't think he lost these attributes in the couple months he had after leaving LSU. We have 4 players who will combine to be a FORCE this year, assuming our team as a whole stays healthy (knock on wood).

You, like many fans, must forget how good Springs is when he's healthy, and Smoot, although he had 2 depressing years in Minnesota, is back to a scheme where he can play man and be completely comfortable. Both of them can shut-down whoever is lined up across them when they come to play. I believe these two (and Carlos Rogers if he ever shows the playmaking ability he did in college) make up part of the best secondary is football. Why? Because unlike Denver's overrated product of his defensive scheme John Lynch, and 5 different team machine Nick Ferguson, behind both our corners are the baddest safety in football, Sean Taylor, and LaRon Landry, a proven ANIMAL on defense. Regardless of whether he has played a snap in the NFL yet, he is an extremely smart, ball-hawking, hitting machine who knows where he needs to be all the time and has the ability to get there. I don't think he lost these attributes in the couple months he had after leaving LSU. We have 4 players who will combine to be a FORCE this year, assuming our team as a whole stays healthy (knock on wood).

:cheers:

Well, let's hope that we can stay healthy! I sure hope we have the best secondary this year.

Well, let's hope that we can stay healthy! I sure hope we have the best secondary this year.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the BEST secondary in the league, but I'd be extremely happy with a top 5 secondary, especially after last season.

Cheers. And while I don't mean to come off as argumentative...the potential our defense and whole team have this year gets me really worked up. Everyone knows that our 5-11 record last year was a fluke and was a product of injuries, new personnel, and attitude. I just can't wait for the season to start so I can see if our boys really want it like I am hearing they do. I admit Denver has a disgusting defense, but we're the Skins, and this year I want us to play like it.

Archived