Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion is pissed at General Marty

@DCGoldPants

NFL | Sanders Really Wanted Back In - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

14:11 PT: Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com CB Deion Sanders and agent Eugene Parker went to league officials, just shy of commissioner Paul Tagliabue, to see if there was a way to circumvent the waiver rules and get Sanders back on the field. He was not happy former coach Marty Schottenheimer and his Chargers put in a waiver claim for him to block his signing with the Raiders. According to Pasquarelli, Sanders will certainly take some time on his CBS TV show this weekend to rip Schottenheimer. Also, as a side note, there were four other waiver claims on Sanders.

what an ***. I hope the Chargers lock up Deion forever...especially after he complains.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think he's getting paid because he's on the reserved-retired list.

He is a Charger, though, until he get's whacked, which will probably happen in the offseason. Or, Marty will just keep him on the roster so he'll retire permanently.

Deion seems to forget that even if Marty hadn't put in a waiver claim on him, he still wouldn't be able to play because four other teams besides San Diego claimed him. Will he rip those teams too? The only reason the focus has been on San Diego is because they had a worse record than the other teams who claimed Deion, and therefore they were "rewarded" with Deion.

Gee, and here I thought he'd be smart enough to act like he never really wanted to come back, anyway, and laugh at all those people running around chasing his rumor.

If he's actually going to complain about it, that makes the spectacle even better.

Maybe Fox can get footage of him, on CBS, whining about it, and then the Fox guys can all laugh at him. (The CBS guys can't do that, 'cause you don't make guys on your own network look like idiots. But I'd like to see Howie's take on the whole thing. Maybe Jaws can squeeze a comment in, too).

He said something along these lines...

The Bible says to love thy neighbor, but Marty, you make it very hard.

When asked if he'd play for the Chargers he said he wouldn't play for Marty if he was coaching the last team on Earth. Also said that Marty knew he didn't want to play for him in DC and he was ticked that he'd claim him in SD thinking he would play for him (clearly though Marty had no intentions of playing him).

Blondie,

I don't think Danny and Marty get along that well, right now.

(Although, sticking it to Deion might just be good enough to get them together.)

-------------------

What I don't get are the people who feel sorry for poor Deion, because the team that claimed him supposedly has no intention of playing him.

Of course, when Deion took that $8M bonus for signing that 7-year contract, he fully intended to be a Skin for 7 years.

And, when he was pleading with a baseball team to just keep him on the roster long enough for him to collect a few more Skins paychecks, he was, of course, intending to show up and earn it when baseball season ended, right?

He only quit because Marty's training camp would have been unfair to him. (Darrell didn't really go through the same camp, at age 39, did he?)

The Bible says to love thy neighbor, but Marty, you make it very hard.

Dopey Sanders must have forgotten what he said....something like.."I'm not playing for Marty..I'm going to keep my signing bonus and sit home and laugh.The bible hasn't done Dopey much good.

When asked if he'd play for the Chargers he said he wouldn't play for Marty if he was coaching the last team on Earth.

Dopey has admitted to never having meet Marty.Plus,how could there be a last team on earth?Who would they play?Why would they need a coach?

Like others here, I'm thrilled with Marty's move to claim Deion off waivers. *Finally* the other shoe drops on Deion's incredibly offensive me-first career, and specifically he gets the perfect poetic justice delivered by Marty, the man he scr@wed by refusing to play and causing the Skins to absorb a massive salary-cap hit. I'm not a Marty fan, but I'm a Marty fan this week.

But this goes beyond Deion Sanders as an individual case to the heart of the stability of the NFL as a league. If Deion had been allowed to sit out his Redskins contract, then suddenly reenter the league for the Raiders in their playoff run, it would have formed a dangerous precedent for the NFL. Outside free agency, players absolutely cannot be allowed to hand-pick their teams or play just year-end stretch runs. Otherwise you will find the best players breaking contracts to play for glamour franchises and glamour cities, destroying the ability of teams like Buffalo, Detroit and Cincinnati to compete. You'll find older, elite players like Deion and Jerry Rice skipping the rigor of training camp and long seasons, hanging out and waiting to walk on to a playoff contender in the closing weeks of a season, destroying the integrity of league competition.

Deion needed to be punched in the nose, as a corrective to his abuses over the years, and for the good of the NFL. I'm thrilled it happened.

His cronies on his tv show gave him a little ribbing at least. I only saw a couple of minutes of either the halftime or post game part when I stopped in at a friends house but there was one comment similar to or about "those charger briefs you are wearing", and one other comment I forgot.

Not even his own crew could resist. :laugh:

And the look on slimetime's face when Nantz(?) said it......

PRICELESS. :D

I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this dialogue between Esiason and Peion, but when Boomer mentioned that Peion probably has Marty's picture in his wallet, Peion replied something like "no pictures of Marty, just a bow and arrow for him".

Archived