Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Several Skins in All Pro Football 2k8

MCnDaHouse

I was and am still a big fan of 2K football but with a franchise mode, I just can't see myself buying All Pro Football 2K8. That is my favorite part of the game, building up my team and keeping them at an elite level via the draft. After downloading the demo to 2K8, it makes me wish the NFL didn't foolishly offer an exclusive license. I still like the gameplay and the player models and animation are steal leagues ahead of Madden. Hopefully 2K9 will have more legends and a franchise mode. Franchise mode equal a purchase for me.

So you are supporting EA by having purchased NCAA 08 and your going to buy Madden 08. That'll show those lazy ****s and EA :doh:

I know... I hate it.

But what can I say, thats why people love/hate monopolies. Where else am I gonna go?

I hate EA. They are lazy thieving ****s. I have not bought Madden since 2005, and that was soooo bad that I swore I wouldnt buy another Madden game until EA significantly improves its game, not just updates the rosters. The gameplay is the same as it was 5 years ago and it was horrible then. They bought the NFL license and now just use fans excitement about the upcoming season to push their pathetic product down our throats.

I refuse to buy their crap...

I was and am still a big fan of 2K football but with a franchise mode, I just can't see myself buying All Pro Football 2K8. That is my favorite part of the game, building up my team and keeping them at an elite level via the draft. After downloading the demo to 2K8, it makes me wish the NFL didn't foolishly offer an exclusive license. I still like the gameplay and the player models and animation are steal leagues ahead of Madden. Hopefully 2K9 will have more legends and a franchise mode. Franchise mode equal a purchase for me.

Yo a franchise mode in 2k8 would be pointless,by the time you enter your 2nd or 3rd season your legends would have been retired and you'll have a roster full of no name stiffs,if thats what you would have preferred more power to you, but this game is excellent without it(especially online,or multiplayer with a buddy).and for those who are condemming this game without even playin it, at least download the demo or rent before you pass judgment,this is the most realistic football game ever created,but if you are into arcadey drop back 30 yards and chuck a 90 yard td pass this game is not for you stick with madden.I'm not saying 2k8 is flawless,actually it's far from it but it's good heavily outweigh the bad.

My only gripes are some of the stadiums are ridiculous..just went way overboard to the point of corny/cheesiness. The logos look very arena-esque. Some of the same graphical glitches(players arm rotating in a full wierd 360 degree animation when getting up after a tackle, or poping up from the ground without animation frames to transition.(happens rarely though) very few updates in the commentating, say 90% the same things as in 2k5. No franchise, or building through the years..after one season it's done..but thats where the fun of online leagues and online play come in.

On the plus side this game is a lot of fun, plays very well, well ballanced, using players from the past and the many subtle inclusions that lend to the realism. (BossMayne80) mentioned many of those things above.

Toeing the line on side line catches, many more animations were added from the 2k5 version, you'll notice them as you play. Love the strategy in individual players skills, big hitters, play stealers, etc. The replay value of making so many different combinations of players, go defensive? offensive juggernaut? well rounded? use as many old Redskins as possible? Bring Montana to Rice, or Young to Rice back again! Barry Freakin Sanders! lol While some players look weird, many resemble quite a bit, enough you know who it is. While the graphics could have been better imo they are far from bad, very solid and many things improved upon. ( I run it in hi def on a LCD HDTV) Hopefully they can get more players for the next installment.

In closing, a great alternative, a lot of fun, and a nice new start to a franchise that had to switch gears a bit. I still have Madden pre-ordered to deliver, but I think I'll be logging in some fun hours playing both Madden and All-Pro.

I like the approach. It's a shame that EA Sports has a monopoly on the license. I may have to check this game out.

I am dating myself here but I wish Tecmo would negotiated with older players so they could release Super Tecmo Bowl on the Wii Virtual Console.

I've owned all the Maddens for the past 9-10 years and Madden is the most overrated game ever. I typically only buy it because of the excitement of the timing with the beginning of the season. I'm definitely going to try out 2k8 this year and pass on Madden. Madden is the same old grind...I'm ready for something new...and it sounds like its so customizable that you can customize any short fallings it may have with lack of players names or whatever. I can't wait to control Barry Sanders again!

Archived