Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all you soccer fanatics

Maxito

Interested in joining a fantasy soccer league. This league is for only the English Premier league . All you have to do is to click on the link below and register. Once you have register you have to pick your team. You have a limit of 100 points so pick your players wisely. Hope that you guys join, there is no limit of how many players to join.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.html.

Once you register pick your team and put this code in 32147-49076

If this belongs in the fantasy football thread you can move it, just put it here since so plenty of people can see it.

I was in Mexico last week. Wow, I didn't realize how serious they were about soccer. You should have seen them when Argentina beat them in Copa America. It was ugly. :laugh:

You gotta admire the passion though, and to have something that so many in the country care about. It's a huge shame that there isn't a sport that the US national teams plays where 90% of the country would stop everything to watch.

While the US is passionate about sports, the fan base is so fragmented.

You gotta admire the passion though, and to have something that so many in the country care about. It's a huge shame that there isn't a sport that the US national teams plays where 90% of the country would stop everything to watch.

While the US is passionate about sports, the fan base is so fragmented.

Yeah, the only thing I could compare it too was Redskins community.:D

So who did you guys pick for you teams?

The guy i picked first was Fernando torres. hes a new signing for liverpool and he is simply amazing. I hope i win this thing. WOuld be fun.

I'm not sure he'll have a huge impact, given the way Liverpool play. That said, I haven't looked at the scoring system for this league.

Maybe I oughta do that :laugh:

once the first week is over in the season you guys will be able to see each other teams.

In case your not happy with your team, you can make changes by clicking on the transfers on the right. If you have to see the stats of the player last year just click on the I. Right now there is no deductions for transfers, but when the season starts the deduction start. There is a wildcard option on the when you click on the make changes. The wild card lets you make changes without deductions. You can only use it once.

• 3 weeks later...

i feel as though i got a strong team...........

GK- Shay Given (best in the world) and Chris Kirkland

D-John Terry, Olof Mellberg. Phillip Neville, Petrice Evra, Carlos Bocanegra

M-Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin Kilbane, Alexander Hleb, Clint Dempsey, Kieron Richardson

F-Wayne Rooney, Obafemi Martins, Emile Heskey

I just set a team up yesterday to join another league so, I'm in :point2sky

Starting 11:

Cech

Terry Yobo Ingimarsson Campbell

Gerrard (Capt) Alonso Osman Gilberto

Drogba Zamora

Subs: James (Goalkeeper) , Rosenior, Carsley, Kanu

Team: Dundonia (my old home town is Dundee). I see we also have a Hearts fan from Aberdeen too (team is abdn jambo....because 'Hearts' rhymes with 'Jam Tarts', hence 'Jambos'.....it all makes sense :doh: :silly: )

I did something like this in the last World Cup and was hopeless!!!! :)

When I win the league you can all come over and buy me beer to celebrate!

:cheers:

from what I understand you can 'transfer' players in and out of your squad week to week. I never played this version of the game before so I'm not totally clued up as to how many you can transfer, if you neeed to sell players to buy others etc but yes you can change your team over time.

from what I understand you can 'transfer' players in and out of your squad week to week. I never played this version of the game before so I'm not totally clued up as to how many you can transfer, if you neeed to sell players to buy others etc but yes you can change your team over time.

You can change your players anytime in the season. However, they will start deducting points from your game week result. Usually if you make one move in between of the game weeks it will not cost you any points, but if you make more it usually like 4 points taken off per player. There will be a confirmation page that is going to come up to see who you putting in and out on your team, and that will tell you how many points you going to lose. YOu only get one wild card where you don't lose any points if your transferring more than one player, so use it wisely.

Can you change your team each week or are you stuck with the team for a longer period?

You can change your players anytime you want, but there will be deductions taken off from your score from the next gameweek. Look at the post above also. Once the first week is over you guys should get the hang of it.

Another thing you guys can change your formation. You don't have to have a 4-4-2, if you don't want to. Also pick your captain has well, cause their points that they going to receive will get doubled.

Archived