Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007 QB Line Up (Your thoughts)

str1ck

Redskins Fans

Please rank from 1 to 4 the 2007 Redskins quarterbacks you would like to see on the team this year.

1. Jason Campbell

2. Mark Brunell

3. Casey Bramlet

PS Jordan Palmer/ Sam Hollenbach

I really want to see Bramlet make the team and Collins to get released. I don't think that we really need Collins with Brunell as the back up. DISCLAMER: This ranking is solely based on personal opinion, with no factual backing so please save me the finger pointing and name calling.

The sole reason for this post to see what other redskins fans think.

Chris

:eaglesuck

Redskins Fans

Please rank from 1 to 4 the 2007 Redskins quarterbacks you would like to see on the team this year.

1. Jason Campbell

2. Mark Brunell

3. Casey Bramlet

I really want to see Bramlet make the team and Collins to get released. I don't think that we really need Collins with Brunell as the back up. DISCLAMER: This ranking is solely based on personal opinion, with no factual backing so please save me the finger pointing and name calling.

Chris

I think you need to use the search button (Joking :laugh: I just wanted to try it once, it doesn't feel great or anything)

Personally I am a numbers type person and I would prefer to see

1. JC

2. Casey

3. Palmer/Hollenbach

PS whoever loses the third slot

Collins and MB as assistant QB coachs. Keep MB ready to go so if he is needed you can sign him to a contract should JC go on IR.

You save a ton of space on the cap in future years by cleaning up one of the worst remaining contracts we have left. You get the young guys experience and hopefully one shows promise so that we can get a Matt shaub type situation going. Also we get the benefits of Collins (knowledge) and Brunell (extended backup) without taking the roster spots and cap room.

Just my humble view of the situation. Won't happen but a fan can dream.

Redskins Fans

1. Jason Campbell

2. Mark Brunell

3. Casey Bramlet

Chris

I think you pretty much got it there. :thumbsup:

I like this, however this has been discussed in several threads.

I think almost everyone agrees with you.

thats a negative.

i think everyone can agree that brunell be the starter at selling beer to fans.

1. cambell

2. bramlet

3. palmer

scratch that..

1. cambell

2 and 3 collins / bramlet

i think everyone can agree that brunell be the starter at selling beer to fans.

Uh....you come to these boards often?

#1--posters here rarely agree on aything

#2--many people here don't have short-term memory loss, & remember when Brunnell was effective.

In spurts.

When healthy.

When the rest of the offense was effective.

In short, he's not a starter anymore...but we're not using the word "starting QB" when describing Brunnell... we're using the term "backup QB". And, in that role, he's fine.

Other posters have brought out the point that Gibbs has normally kept a veteran presence in the QB rotation, esp. as a backup...whether it was Williams, Rutledge & the like.

Since he's the only SB coach to win multiple SBs without a HOF-type QB (let alone DIFFERENT QBs), I would have to defer that he knows what he's doing more than us fans.

I don't understand the mentality of some of those who post on this message board. My understanding is, as fans, we should want our team to win as much as possible, today and in years to come. Therefore, we should do what is best for the team so that that goal is possible.

The original poster has a good line-up, which is a winning formula that makes sense. However, others have lost their minds. Getting rid of Brunell will kill us cap wise in years to come, take away veteran experience and knowledge as a backup should JC go down, and destroys the ability for our young 3rd stringer (regardless of who it is: Bramlett, Palmer, Holenbach) to be mentored by a vet with understanding of the system during practices, film study, and games.

That being said, Brunell should be our number 2, after Campbell. However, I am not sure who the third stringer should be since we haven't seen them play for that spot yet. Bramlett may have done well in NFL Europa, but that doesn't always translate against actual NFL defenses. Especially when you consider that in NFLE the defense must always have 8 in the box which opens up the passing game tremendously more than in the American NFL, and NFLE rules only allow for certain blitz packages.

I think that our coaches will be able to make the right call on the number 3 after camp and preseason. But, we would be plain suicidal if we took Brunell out of the number two spot.

1. JC

2. Casey

3. Mark

No reason for Mark to ever see the field again imho. While he may be ok as a backup this season, he will get even worse as the years go on. He certainly isn't the long term future of the Redskins.

So, any snap Mark takes would be a wasted opportunity to develop a qb for the future.

Keep him at #3 to mentor and teach.....but keep him on the bench.

Redskins Fans

1. Jason Campbell

2. Mark Brunell

3. Casey Bramlet

Chris

I agree with that. I think that the Revolutionary War buff is going to be looking for somewhere else to play.

Campbell (#1 QB)

Brunell ((#2 QB, unless he winds up on injured reserve)

Collins (#3 unless he becomes a coach or Bramlett really shines in pre-season)

Bramlett (Cut/traded unless he beats out Collins or Collins retires )

Palmer (Practice squad)

Hollenbach (camp fodder, and early pre-season cut)

If Brunnell or Collins get injured, Bramlett makes the team. Bramlett needs a break to stick with the Skins in 2007. However, it's possible Collins winds up as an assistant QB coach. In that case, Bramlett makes it.

I don't understand the mentality of some of those who post on this message board. My understanding is, as fans, we should want our team to win as much as possible, today and in years to come. Therefore, we should do what is best for the team so that that goal is possible.

The original poster has a good line-up, which is a winning formula that makes sense. However, others have lost their minds. Getting rid of Brunell will kill us cap wise in years to come, take away veteran experience and knowledge as a backup should JC go down, and destroys the ability for our young 3rd stringer (regardless of who it is: Bramlett, Palmer, Holenbach) to be mentored by a vet with understanding of the system during practices, film study, and games.

That being said, Brunell should be our number 2, after Campbell. However, I am not sure who the third stringer should be since we haven't seen them play for that spot yet. Bramlett may have done well in NFL Europa, but that doesn't always translate against actual NFL defenses. Especially when you consider that in NFLE the defense must always have 8 in the box which opens up the passing game tremendously more than in the American NFL, and NFLE rules only allow for certain blitz packages.

I think that our coaches will be able to make the right call on the number 3 after camp and preseason. But, we would be plain suicidal if we took Brunell out of the number two spot.

I like the thoughts here.

Also, Gibbs loves having that VET around and I think it may be important to have Brunell around ESPECIALLY if we get to the playoffs. Why? Because he has been there and Campbell hasnt. JC's gonna need a guy there he can talk to, a player, not a coach who can talk him thru the tough times and thru the up-tempo of the playoffs. Brunell, as has been widely reported, is a pretty calming influence on the team/huddle. I thnk that could be VERY valuable to JC in the upcoming year. :2cents: :logo:

Campbell (#1 QB)

Brunell ((#2 QB, unless he winds up on injured reserve)

Collins (#3 unless he becomes a coach or Bramlett really shines in pre-season)

Bramlett (Cut/traded unless he beats out Collins or Collins retires )

Palmer (Practice squad)

Hollenbach (camp fodder, and early pre-season cut)

If Brunnell or Collins get injured, Bramlett makes the team. Bramlett needs a break to stick with the Skins in 2007. However, it's possible Collins winds up as an assistant QB coach. In that case, Bramlett makes it.

I like your order except I would switch Hollenbach and Palmer. Palmer is way overrated and only gets any attention b/c of his brother. He should be a semi pro qb.

I don't think everyone knows the complete history of Casey Bramlet (not that I expect them to). He spent two seasons in NFL Europe under the same coaching staff and showed massive improvement the second time around. He started all 10 games both times but had twice as many touchdowns in the '07 campaign and of course won the championship. He was also promoted to the #2 spot late in his rookie season with the Bengals behind Carson Palmer.

In summary, he has real NFL experience in the backup role and has spent two years developing his game in Germany. This is what makes him the favorite for the #3 position.

That said, I agree with the original post.

1. Campbell

2. Brunell

3. Bramlet

PS: Palmer

It is very important to keep a veteran backup around as a player and not just a sideline presence. Should we ever need someone to finish a game for us, you want a veteran who won't make mistakes and right now that's Brunell. In small doses, Brunell can still perform at an all-pro level. Now, if we need someone else to actually start a few games, that is when you bump up Bramlet or Palmer and hope for the best.

Redskins Fans

1. Jason Campbell

2. Mark Brunell

3. Casey Bramlet

PS Jordan Palmer

Chris

I modified it slightly (rmoving Hollenbach) but barring a tremendous performance by Palmer and Collins, I see Bramlet getting the #3 and JP playing PS for a year.

Then in 2008

Campbell

Bramlet

Palmer

maybe depends if Bramlet can equate NFLE to NFL

I guess I haven't been following preseason closely enough.

At what point did ANYONE decide that Sam Hollenbach was even worthy of being a PRACTICE SQUAD NFL QB?

Seriously- in two years of starting at Maryland, he had 28 TDs to 26 INTs. Keep in mind that before playing an incredibly weak ACC last year, he got a chance to pad stats against William and Mary, Middle Tennessee State, Florida International, and had a passer rating of 62 (pretty hard to do in college) against my beloved Mountaineers, who were ranked in the bottom of D-I in pass D.

He was a bad COLLEGE QB... how is he not selling insurance in College Park right now?

Archived