Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We There Yet!?

LoyalSkinsFan

This is like a bad family road trip.

Training camp starts July 27th, the preseason on August 11th and the regular season not until September 9th.

There's a serious news coverage void in play right now and I'm not enjoying it at all. On top of that, with no substantial Redskins activity due to occur for, at minimum, two and a half weeks....well...I'm losing my mind.

Sorry, but the home run derby doesn't cut it. Not even an exciting pennant race, Wimbledon, the Tour de France (sans steroids - merde!!), the NBA draft and Beckham on tour COMBINED can come close to what I feel watching the Redskins line up and play.

For some inexplicable reason I tune in daily to ES in the hopes of discovering some new tidbit to chew on...figuring it'll last me all day and get me through to the next. "One day at a time.....one day at a time..." I keep muttering to myself. But, all I seem to find are threads asking questions about season tickets....discussions on Hall of Fame snubs.....and every once in a while a link to one pre-season prediction or another - all of which are arbitrary and frustrating.

I don't know about you, but I really can't wait until things get moving around here...'cause this really sucks.

While I warrant that this probably didn't need a new thread, I went for it anyway for the simple reason that I needed to get this off my chest and I'm pretty certain I'm not alone in these thoughts.

If anyone out there has an epiphany (or a link) on how to whet my off-season appetite for worthwhile Redskins news....please feel free to pass it along....it'll be most appreciated.

In the meantime, I guess, I'll just hang in there and hope that this horrible road-trip we're all on together reaches its destination soon......'cause if not, I'm gonna go nuts.

HTTR

While I warrant that this probably didn't need a new thread, I went for it anyway for the simple reason that I needed to get this off my chest and I'm pretty certain I'm not alone in these thoughts.

Not all thoughts should be threads.
;)

In terms of satisfying the fix, check out Torresa's videos for starters. You always got Madden, too. NFL Network isn't bad, either.

Hang in there, bud. Raven's scrimmage is in 3 weeks, 4 days!! :cheers:

Actually I think this is one of the BETTER threads to come out of this board in a while. It shows passion and loyalty to this team and there is really no tangible negativity to it so far. Apart from the Braves bashing - means sweet FA to me - I think this is a top thread.

Actually I think this is one of the BETTER threads to come out of this board in a while. It shows passion and loyalty to this team and there is really no tangible negativity to it so far. Apart from the Braves bashing - means sweet FA to me - I think this is a top thread.

Thanks for the support, Lox.....and oh, for the record, I've got nothing against the Braves. Just pointing out how quickly things can run off-topic around here.

HTTR

yeah i feel your pain brother, i do the same thing, i look everywhere for some redskin news, sometimes i just go thru the roster one by one, and read everything, i think i have digested this years roster four times already!......and something tells me that it isnt very uncommon.

i met andre carter at the bookstore the other day, and i was walking on air for two days afterwards, i wasnt going to say anything until i realized i was wearing a redskin shirt from the bronco superbowl defeat, and didnt want him to think i was a fan that didnt know who he was. so i said, "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, A.C. go get 'em this year." i was all smiles, and he said, "we will man. we will." i believe him. he was sincere. i left him alone, even thou, i had like 300 questions for him, and he was sitting right next to me for upwards of an hour at borders. i had to curb my unexplainable passion for the redskins, out of respect for the man. (A.C. is one of my favorite players, i like how he is kinda nerdy, and plays the piano.) i kept thinking wow, you finally met a starter, and now your just going to let him go?? alas, my redskins obsession is only for the outhouse that is extreme-skins, not the general population. i tried waving to fellow skins fans in the area, i wave and say "GO SKINS!!" and most white people just stare back at me like im crazy, and i think to myself, "but you have a skins hat on, why dont you wave back??" maybe the people around here dont like to be reminded that they are skin fans, unless we are a winning team. weird, anyways sorry about the blabbing, but hey, the mods tore my new thread writing away from me, and i had to get my carter story out some how. thanks for your time, all hail joe gibbs and the redskins.

2007 BABY!

p.s.

those of you about to slander me for ranting, dont, i know i rant, i cant help it, its just the way i talk.

That was no rant, Commie....just a great story. Proud of you for leaving AC have his peace and quiet....very respectful. They're people, too.

It's tough getting the fix during these down periods, isn't it? All the hype and all the talk doesn't mean anything until that first kick-off in pre-season. Still, SOME talk is better than none.

Keep it coming, friends....

HTTR

the braves are headed for suck town. once andruw leaves and chipper gets injured for the final time, youll be done. the best thing about the braves is trying to pronounce saltamachia's name 5 times fast.

Andruw isn't exactly helping us right now. Even if he leaves that doesn't mean we won't continue to make playoff runs. You're jealous of our success and our ability to fill spots at the major league level with our DEEP farm system. As for Chipper, he's still one of the best hitters in the league. He's batting .329 with 15 homers and 41 RBI's after missing 24 games this year. Don't be jealous.

For some inexplicable reason I tune in daily to ES in the hopes of discovering some new tidbit to chew on...figuring it'll last me all day and get me through to the next.

You are not alone. Everyday that I wake up I log on hoping to get my Redskins fix from this site. I'm addicted to the redskins like a crackhead is addicted to crack.

:point2sky <---On another note, why do we have a Rod Gardner icon?

well, i'm not sure if i can help you in terms of news, but this is where i go...

http://redskinsnation.net/videos/Game_Highlights

it's not the whole game, but it is every scoring drive and good highlights. i'll usually watch one or two a week when i have free time.

i'm almost out and will soon become a wandering, lost soul.

Oh man, thank you for the link! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

You think you are having withdrawal? Try doing the breaking news. Bubba and I are fighting each other over a news article we wouldn't bother posting in the regular season. :doh: :doh: :laugh:

Yeah and we can't wait to read them!!

So what's worse? :laugh:

Archived