Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Stupidest argument

Larry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

OK, I've been reading the "Bush denies congress access to key aides" thread, and I'm being struck once again by a feeling that what's wrong here is the stupidity of the arguments being used on both sides. So I decided to maybe highlight the issue by inviting people to express their opinions of some of the howling ill-logic being used here.

I'm paraphrasing some of the real laughers I've seen, both to highlight the absurdity of the arguments, and to avoid specifically "calling out" any particular person.

The fact that nobody can prove anything (before they investigate) proves that any investigation is illegal.
The fact that nothing can be proven yet proves that a crime is being covered up.
The whole world is immoral and Unconstitutional. Anybody in government who wants to teach women to read, let alone let them vote, is a traitor. And I ought to kill anybody who disagrees with me, because I'm more moral than the whole world is. Where's my gun?

(Sorry. Had to put choice 3 in there, since IMO, out of all of the stupid arguments being made in that thread, #3 seems to account for about half of the total posts in the thread.) :)

Is he for real? I dont know him that well...no offense MSF, everything I have read I really thought you were just being sarcastic.:logo:

Yes, I am for real. No offense taken, DOOG. Sarcasm and humor are two forms of communication I do not approve of, so no I wasn't being sarcastic.

Yes, I am for real. No offense taken, DOOG. Sarcasm and humor are two forms of communication I do not approve of, so no I wasn't being sarcastic.

Well...probably best I avoid your opinions...cause I take a bath in sarcasm...lifes to messed up to not have a little humor:D :cheers: :logo:

Well...probably best I avoid your opinions...cause I take a bath in sarcasm...lifes to messed up to not have a little humor:D :cheers: :logo:

That's fine. Do whatever works for you. Once you've had enough "humor" made at your expense you learn a serious distaste for the concept entirely.

That's fine. Do whatever works for you. Once you've had enough "humor" made at your expense you learn a serious distaste for the concept entirely.

No body makes more fun of myself than me...I'll be ok. Thanks for the concern though.:cheers: :logo:

i've had a fair deal of humor at my expense but i usually just go with it, although i doubt i can begin to imagine how cruel people can be about the birthmark covering your face.

You're only 32. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Learn to enjoy life & laugh at yourself.

Archived