Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HOF-Bound players (Be prepared, it's Pete Prisco)

skinsaddict2621

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023

There are four "rankings": Welcome to Canton, On the Bubble, Needs More Work, No Way. I think they're all pretty self-explanatory.

Questionable(read:stupid) ones include:

Torry Holt, needs more work

Kevin Mawae, no way

Zach Thomas, no way

Forgot about

Walter Jones, T, Seattle Seahawks

Decision: Welcome to Canton.

For the past seven years, he has been the best offensive lineman in the league. That's high praise. :laugh: :rotflmao: :puke:

This is the guy that gave up 10.5 sacks last year.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023

There are four "rankings": Welcome to Canton, On the Bubble, Needs More Work, No Way. I think they're all pretty self-explanatory.

Questionable(read:stupid) ones include:

Torry Holt, needs more work

Kevin Mawae, no way

Zach Thomas, no way

Forgot about

Walter Jones, T, Seattle Seahawks

Decision: Welcome to Canton.

For the past seven years, he has been the best offensive lineman in the league. That's high praise. :laugh: :rotflmao: :puke:

This is the guy that gave up 10.5 sacks last year.

lol at saying torry holt needs more work. hes only a 5 time pro bowler, 22nd in all time receiving yards and has many more years in front of him, not to mention hes missed 2 games in his nfl career, and was on a superbowl team. sad that you laugh at that.

zach thomas is an incredible linebacker and has had a great career. there is no reason he shouldnt be considered for the hall of fame.

wont discuss mawae, not familiar enough about the credentials for a center.

I find it funny that guys who were in kindergarten when Warren Sapp started playing are making assessments about his career.

I find it even funnier when another guy who was in diapers when Zach Thomas started playing says "no way".

Better go check again, since stats are all you guys really have to go by. There have been a scant handful of people with as many tackles as Zach Thomas has had, he's constantly at or near the top of the tackles stat every single year. the Dolphins have consistently been a very good defense since he's been there.

Warren Sapp is the most dominant defensive lineman in the last twenty years, arguably the best since Reggie White came up. He was so feared in his prime that he was often triple teamed, and it didn't matter. He's an absolute mauler, and NO one in the NFL could block him one on one. In fact, if he went one on one with any guard right now, i'd be hard pressed to bet against him.

And for the record, laughing at Walter Jones' career also shows very little by way of football brains.

Since Prisco is not still a teenager, he doesn't get that excuse.

Isaac Bruce, welcome to Canton? Give me a break. Fine stats, but I think when you want to argue for a receiver with a Redskins fan, we're going to scoff at just about anyone with mere numbers.

I don't see Ty Law as HOF worthy.

Keenan McCardell even being on this list is a joke, then the fact Prisco leaves the door open for him makes it a laugh riot. Then he emphatically says no way for Steve McNair. Logic?

I thin Jason Taylor is a Hall of Famer, and not on the bubble. He's been a great player on a consistently great defense for a long time. He's a difference maker.

~Bang

This should not be in this forum since no Redskins are even mentioned.

I think Samuels should have been considered as well as Portis.

Just curious as to why you think that? Samuels has a few down years and Portis..well...we know how far he has to go. If Portis can stay healty, I think him and Taylor may have the best chance of players who are currently on the roster. How about Springs? Anyone wanna argue for him?:logo:

I'm laughing at Walter Jones, because he said he's been the best offensive lineman for seven years running, when that isn't true considering last year. You can't give up 10.5 sacks and be considered the best.

Prisco is indeed an idiot. He certainly hasn't been the best OL in the last seven years, but for most of his career he has been a rock.

Prisco has him as a lock,, I don't see him as a lock just yet, but he's worth considering. He certainly is no laughing stock.

~Bang

Walter Jones isn't the best lineman for 7 years straight but he has been pretty damn good and will be in the hall of fame.

Portis: too early in his career to be talking about him in the HOF

Samuels: I personally dislike him so I will say no way but the guy who said he would prefer him over Walter Jones is on crack.

Monk: Obviously we all think / know he should be in.

The Hogs: Well they should probably just induct them as a unit.

Warren Sapp: He's not the most dominant defensive player in the last 20 years as Bang suggested... not even close but he is probably a hall of famer.

Springs: Doubtful

I'm laughing at Walter Jones, because he said he's been the best offensive lineman for seven years running, when that isn't true considering last year. You can't give up 10.5 sacks and be considered the best.
Walter Jones has been to the Pro Bowl 6 times, played a key role in getting Shaun Alexander's touchdown record, and is widely regarded as one of, if not THE, best tackles in the league. He had his worst season when that whole offense was ravaged by injuries and they were adjusting to the loss of Hutchinson. Prisco was strong in calling him the best linemen in the past 7 years, but as a tackle? Sure. I'm not sure why you find him so funny.

I have no idea how Prisco considers Vinatieri on the bubble. If a kicker with 4 Super Bowl rings with clutch moments to go with them can't get in, what kicker ever can?

I have no idea how Prisco considers Vinatieri on the bubble. If a kicker with 4 Super Bowl rings with clutch moments to go with them can't get in, what kicker ever can?

Yeah, for real. I didn't click on the link but of all of Prisco's predictions that have been criticized on here, that seems the most absurd to me so far.

I'd be fine with that.......name another O-line in the history of the NFL with name recognition :applause:

I bet they would be fine with that as well... might even prefer it. That's the type of players we had on our OL back then.

On a similar note, would it have been unfathomable for an entire offensive line to be voted Superbowl MVP? I think they may have deserved it in 1988.

Isaac Bruce was listed as a shoo-in. If Bruce gets in over Monk, I'm not sure how well that stands.

Agree with you 100%, but Irving got in. They also have Rod Smith as on the bubble, even though he has put up similar numbers to bruce as well.

Warren Sapp: He's not the most dominant defensive player in the last 20 years as Bang suggested... not even close but he is probably a hall of famer.

Not defensive PLAYER, I say Sapp is the most dominant defensive LINEMAN in the last twenty years.

Reggie White and Warren Sapp set the standard along the line over the last two decades i say.

The most dominant overall defensive player in the last 20 years is Lawrence Taylor, IMO.

~Bang

Agree with you 100%, but Irving got in.

Ugh. It's IrviN, people. Michael IRVIN. As in, "Irvin beats Green for another touchdown." Come on folks, there's no silent g at the end.

Although I can undertand the mistake. "Irving" kind of looks like "ring", and he's got lots of 'em. ;)

Archived