Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Community/MODS possible assistance for cancer-stricken child

RabidFan

Hey There Mods. I figured you all are the direct line to God(aka The Redskins org as a whole or Mr. Snyder and Coach Gibbs) so forgive my direct route here in an open forum and not a PM. Trust me, this is not spam. I have been a member of this site for many years and love every minute of it. I have also been a loyal fan of the Skins since birth I'd imagine. I even married a Redskins fan born and bred in the area and her father has been in the Redskins band for over 20 years. Countless hours spent in the tailgate prove to me this place is filled with many great souls and hearts and in tough times we are a family so I am reaching out in a time of need.

I am reaching out to you today for an unselfish reason. This week there was a milestone in a couple's life and their child that i am lucky to call friends. Their baby boy just turned 1 year old this week. The reason it is special is that this poor boy T(to abbreviate) was diagnosed with a rare cancer called JMML months ago. His parents have been the rock of gibraltar during all this. They have investigated every possible treatment and treatment center and finally selected one in Cincinnati and have been there for some time now. T this week received his saving bone marrow transplant and this is the same week he reached his 1st birthday. He is such a brave kid and you can see his spirit in his smile. He has already had his chemo and now his transplant and he has begun his 100day milestone they make for such cases of JMML.

His parents keep us all informed with their wonderful daily blog on his website and this site has links to donate money to help them in their medical bills that are piling up. They even have a fundraiser in DC next weekend. I am not here to look for donations or anything like that(although if inclined anyone can PM me for their website link). This couple and kid are die hard skins fans like all of us. They even took their son T to his first game when he was 3 months old last season.

The motivation for this post was to contact the MODS to see if they could possibly forward on information about T and his website to perhaps the Redskins organization or somehow get word to Coach Gibbs to perhaps get an autographed picture or even a verbal signing of T's guestbook on his blog. I know both Coach Gibbs and Mr. Snyder along with many past and present in our beloved Redskins organization have and currently participate in charitable organizations. We friends of this family are compiling a care package to send to our friends in Cincinnati(they are there for 6 months during this ordeal) this weekend at their fundraiser. I was hoping maybe to reach out to the MODS to possibly use their voice to the Skins to just maybe get an autographed photo from Coach Gibbs or anyone else that little T could pin up on the wall of his hospital room that he has already and will spend many more nights in during his recovery. I am not looking for money or anything for myself. I just know this gesture that I thing Coach Gibbs might do would mean the world to this family that is away from their support system here in NOVA for 6 months during the transplant and recovery.

Sorry for the longwinded post. Any of you that know me know this is more words that I have spoken on this site in years. This is just something true to my heart and I know such a little gesture as an autograph or a few kinds words on their website guestbook would mean the world to this family in need of any spirit boosting. MODS, I hope you don't regard this as SPAM and possibly could put me in touch with someone in the Org or be the middle man and could PM me and I could give you more specifics. Thank you for your time...all of you here in the Extremeskins Family. I as a parent of a 3yr old and an new 8 week old can't imagine what they are going through so I want to do whatever I can and this community has been so great to me. Thanks,

RabidFan

I think the mods will be ok with this.

It's a good thing that you are doing if ya ask me. I hope it all works out for you! Even if the mods can't get you in contact with Coach Gibbs or Dan Snyder, the players may not be out of reach.

See if you can get permission to PM Renaldo Wynn. He seems like a good enough guy where at the very least, he can spread the word.

Good idea about Renaldo. I wonder if Chris Helein is still in the organization. I went to high school with him and last i heard he was in the marketing or communications dept. I have a unique last name so he might remember me. I'm not looking for handouts or anything sent to my house or me. Just thought an autographed pic of Coach or someone else to pin up in the little brave guys room for the next few months would be a spirit lifter. Thanks for the reply Rumrunner.

Thanks for the kind words and sentiments. I would love to share the website url with you all for those that want to learn more about this boy, their family, the charity, and the disease in general that strikes 1 in a million children. The courage of this boy and his parents is truly inspirational but I respect this community and website so I would not want to spam such a thing out there and anger the MODS or lessen my attempt here. If you are truly interested in more before any OK by the MODS for further details, please feel free to PM me and I can give you the website url for this family and friends of mine. Thanks

Do you really think the Chief would make a jaunt to Cincy and the hospital?? Me and our friends if it could happen might have to pay the Chief's way for that.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/evs/362984642.html

Bookings are for a minimum 2 hrs. and generally in the DC,Md and Va area but if outside this area, arrangements can be made. Booking contact info: cell 301-580-9043 or email landonrich21@yahoo.com

Classic thanks...wonder what that little diddy would cost? Heck I just thought something Skins with a signature or something would be awesome to put on his hospital room wall. I never thought of an in-person visit. Thanks for the ideas and support PG.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but didn't you say the kid was one year old?

Couldn't you just make him a picture of Gibbs. Does the kid even know what a football is yet?

At one year old, I would think he would rather have something signed by the Gummi Bears or Kissifur.

Again, I know it might cost some cash to do the very good hearted things your talking about, but the family might need financial help after having thir baby in the hospital for a while.

My Dad was a teacher with great benifits and when my Mom had cancer, we ended up losing our home. The hundreds of fruit baskets and flowers seemed almost insulting, when you think of the money people spend on useless gifts, when you are having trouble affording electricity.

Who is kissifur? :) Again, I would not use such an event or this forum to ask for donations from the Redskins at all. I know Coach has gone thru some tough times with his family and he values life and his fans and thought he wouldn't mind sending a signed photo or something of some sort for the kids room. Obviously at 1 year old the little guy won't value it as much as his parents would but in the same token his parents spirits are the ones more in turmoil throughout this process as you can imagine. Of course myself and our friends are donating much needed money to our friends and that is what the Charity fundraiser is for in DC this weekend for others as well. And to think if thankfully he comes out of this cancer free he will have all the momentos and his online guestbook that we all have given him and his parents for support during this ordeal that he can revisit and look over for the rest of his life and see how much he was and will continually be loved and supported. I'm sure you'd agree since he will be a Skins fan for life that he might cherish a gift from Coach or the team over an autograph from the Wiggles....Just saying but thanks for your thoughts.

If you can PM me an address I will get Chief Z to mail a card and at training camp I will take a card to get signed. I hope it will lift their spirits and I will keep them in my thougts and prayers.

Thanks Huly, I PM'd you the hospital room address. I really appreciate anything you can do as any news and normalcy from home will be sure to lift our friends spirits during this trying time with their child.

Chris M.

Archived