Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Think Campo Got Sucker-Punched?

TennesseeCarl

If Daniel Snyder had pulled what Jerry Jones did yesterday, the media would be skinning him alive.

Only hours before a game with a divisional rival, Jones sets up a meeting with The Tuna. He had to know the media would go nuts and that Campo (and every coach on the staff) would face the Eagles with a knife in their collective backs.

But the media hails this as a coup for Jerry Jones. At least Daniel Snyder had the guts to go ahead and fire Norv rather than interview successors and then issue coy statements about how nothing of substance was discussed.

If Daniel Snyder had pulled what Jerry Jones did yesterday, the media would be skinning him alive.

That is very true TC. You know this was more than football talk meeting. Bill knows he can't release that it was a job offer. I am sure it wasn't an offical offer but Jones I am sure laid the money and numbers out in front of him and said this is not an offer but....

Campo has gotten a knife in hte back and if, as you say. Synder had done this the media world would be falling all over themselves to bash Dan. Kinda like MArvin talking to MSU while he still had a job here to finish, just wasn't right but what do you do

If this was just a state of football meeting, then no one would

have heard anything about the meeting. For one thing, JJ would

have just called Parcells...not flown and met 5 hours in a boardroom. Wonder if anyone else in attendance, i.e. legal reps?

For the news of the meeting to be leaked and broke by Deion

says volumes.

But, what else can you expect from Jones. Look what he did

to Tom Landry. What Snyder did was unpopular in the media,

but he was a man about it and didn't play games with Norv.

Jones is a crook and a snake.

I completely agree TC.

Jones and Parcells playing the, "Oh, we just talked about football and stuff and how the Cowboys players look and play and stuff. We never spoke about a job with the Cowboys or anything." It's laughable and it's precisely the reason Jones appears disingenuous when he talks. Like Snyder or hate him, the man doesn't come off like he's lying. He may be lying, he just doesn't come off that way :).

But, the real reason Jones wants Parcells is simple. Bill Parcells is a Libra. Has to be :). Jerry loves Libras.

Thinking back to yesterday, Bill Parcells was pretty sure that the negotiations between Emmit and the Cowboys are from over. I remember him saying it over and over on Primetime. I wonder if that was something they talked about and if Bill would want Emmit around for another year if he was to take the job.

Oh please, Dan Snyder might be a favorite media punching-bag, and Jones isn't? National media loves to ridicule JJ just as much as Danny Boy, if not more. I think the mediots are giving a JJ a pass on this one because of who Parcells is and because of the job Campo has done. Dallas is staring down 3 straight 5-11 seasons. "Unfair to Campo" and "Knife in his back" would be talking to Tuna in week 6, 7 or 8. Talking to Tuna after week 16 when your team has no hope of even sniffing the playoffs after a miserable year when you fall short of the 7 to 9 win expectations many had for your team, well....that's a different story.

Think I'll have to agree with ChrisFul here. Campo's record does not warrant his being retained. I think EVERYONE has known that, including him.

That being said, Jerry might have waited one more week ... or at least used a little more disgression.

Can't blame him for trying to bring int he best coach he can, though. If the deal goes through ... HOW it went through will be quickly forgiven and forgotten.

I think that a lot of the bad will that Snyder engendered was because Norv Turner was a media favourite.

The media are humans, like all of us. They favour people who are nice to them. I get the impression that Norv was really nice to them, and they repaid it by taking his side in a lot of issues.

Just look at the ouster of Casserly, if you want an example of how the story came out on one side....

Originally posted by escholz

JJ isn't going to be able to push the Tuna around like he was able to push Campo around. If they don't get quick results in Dallas, I could see some serious friction. :evil:

Parcells has NEVER had a winning season w/o Bill Belichik as his Defensive Coordinator. He is an excellent judge of talent, particularly w/ regards to team chemistry. Sooo, there would have to be some major concessions on the part of Jerrah regarding GM duties.

If Parcells does go there, I can see major conflicts of interests in terms of who they draft, who plays, who they sign as free agents etc. It would be like last year when we hired Marty when Snyder said he couldnt take not being involved in the decision process. know parcells doesnt want to be GM, but he's gonna want more control than JJ will give. I can see a major conflict like the one he had in NE when they drafted the WR against his will. Even if he does sign, it wont last. I give him a year.

Archived