Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Akili Smith anyone?

Thinking Skins

I just relized that this guy is going to be a free agent this year and I was thinking about him as a possible backup to Ramsey. I know he didnt do well in Cincy, but who has? Given I dont know much about him, (what are his positives and negatives?) I just know that he was teh number 2 or 3 pick in that QB strong draft a few years back and then got benched in his second year never to be heard of again (I think he took like or 3 snaps this year but u know what I mean.).

If he becomes available we definitely should take a look at him. I just hope we don't resign Woeful, in which case we would need two backup quarterbacks anyway.

With the proper coaching from Spurrier... who knows.... maybe Smith might blossom yet. It would also save us a draft pick, in that we are still going to need another young quarterback to develop behind Ramsey. :rolleyes:

However, I read a rumor that if Smith is cut, that he might end up in Dallas because of the Bruce Coslet connection. :puke:

don't want any more quarterbacks off the refuse pile. The last two years that has been our approach, cheap and available and hope they turn into diamonds. I don't want any more Banks Georges, Matthews, Weurfals, etc. that everyone has considered a failure. Not even as a back up. I want someone with reasonable skills that hasn't stunk up the joint when given a chance.

Akili Smith is absolutely useless. You cant compare Banks and Graham to THis Bum(Akili) Banks had multiple starting jobs and held them and he proved cpable last year in Marty ball. Graham is was as close to a good QB as one can get without actually being considered good. Akili smith is an XFLer at best. Bringin him in would be an utter waste of time and $$$$. Qb is set for next year it will be RAMSEY #1 and Danny #2 and maybe a veteran Journeyman #3 hopefully Matthews maybe even SAGE again

think we could get brad banks on day 2 of the draft? he could turn out to be good, especially if it turns out we need a mobile qb to compete in the next few years, and he would be there as a third string anyway. the qb situation really bothers me, because if ramsey goes down i cannot watch wuerffel play qb. we need someone better....

Akili Smith obviously has talent to be picked that high.

And so were Shuler and Leaf..... where are they today? This dude couldn't even beat out John Kitna for Gods sake. Why do we need to pick up other teams garbage?? I think were gonna start to turn the corner here. No more castoffs.

We go with Ramsey and more than likely stay with Wuerfull as a backup or third stringer. I could live with that.

Archived