Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the skins twice as good? (realist only)

BMahoney

Did New Orleans appear to be twice as good on paper from 2005 to 2006??? No way in hell. They sure as hell finished twice as better, didn't they???

Being twice as good as a football team from the previous year is not a mathematical evolution. Meaning you don't have to replace last years players with players 2 times better in order to be twice as good as a football team. Sometimes, it only take a small improvement in one area to have a dramatic affect on the overall success of a team. That's what we're all hoping this year. That Campbell will be for real and for the improvements at LB, S, & CB to do the trick.

And to say that our WR Corps is near the bottom of the league is just plain dumb.

Here are my reasons of why I think we are a better team already and that we will see a significant change come game 1...

1)London Fletcher (Baker) is probably the most underated MLB in the league!Not only has he never missed a game,but the guy averages way over a 100 tackles a season...From watching him with the Rams and Bills,the guy is all over the field...He does not miss tackles and is much quicker than advertised...He alone will be a major upgrade at MLB than having Lamar (undersized) Marshall trying to fill holes...Plus he's a superior pass defender as well...He has 1 problem...He's short like B.B. Blades...Which I think he uses to his advantages like Sam Mills did in his tenure...London already improves the defense significantly!

2)Rocky McIntosh is a freakin' monster..!Have you not seen him on what very few plays he has partaken in?The guy is fast, mean and hits real hard...Can you imagine how much he will imrove the outside of our LB Core along with the sideline responsibilities he will handle...Holman was not only fairly slow,but he didn't have that killer instinct you need in ALL your LB's...Rocky will not only be able to Blitz affectively better,But his youth,athleticism and fierce competitivness will alone be an upgrade when needing to get around blockers or even shedding them!I think our LB core will be much better than when we had Pierce,Marshall and Washington...(Rocky,Washington,Fletcher) and Marshall as a backup!Not to mention our draft picks in Blades in Sartz...

3)Then you have our secondary...Smoot who really played very well (when here)is BACK!Forget the zone the Vikings used with Smoot,He will play what he is supposed to play...Man to Man!Hell remember the Seattle game he literally won for us?The you add the fact we also have Springs..who's great when healthy...Carlos who's in his 3rd year and has good potential to step up as a force,if he could catch the darn ball...Then you add Macklen,Butler,Jimoh(good special teamer)and all this love for some guy named Westbrook...Just on the screen looks a hell of alot better than before...And we will need it when playing the Giants,Cowboys,Lions,Packers(Brett),and Cardinals for sure!That's 7 games for the schedule that good secondary could be critical!I think and hope it will pay off...

4)Now to the Offense....Forget the Fact that Campbell is much younger,quicker,healthier and has a stronger arm than Brunell...He will also get Portis back healthy,which he's never seen lined up behind him....His recievers will have had a whole season to practice and get used to how hard he throws the ball,where he throws the ball and when he throws the ball!They all will have had 2 years to learn the system that is rumored to take 2 years to understand and learn...Our offensive Line was 3rd in sacks allowed last season which is very good...We lost Dockery who was the weakest link IMO...Todd wade steps in his place (who filled in great for Jansen)and we have add pretty good depth players in Fabini and Ross Tucker...Our Offensive should be able to react instead of think when Blocking,running routes,Passing and even improvising plays to be successfull...

The only Pescimism I share with you is the questionable DL that we did not upgrade at all with...I think when Healthy our D-line is Average...The only thing we can hope for is Griffin and Carter to remain heatlhy and have Monster years...If this happens it will window dress our lack of studlyness in our front 4...And alow our more talented players to make plays on the Ball and create Turnovers which is what we really need to address this season big Time!With of how closes our losses were last season by 3 points...6 points...If we can create turnovers on a more frequent basis than our record should improve drastically!Cause if the team builds any kind of lead in the 4th quarter and teams are forced to pass all day from playing behind,then we will not only see how better our secondary has become,but in turn see even more turnovers as a result!

Butz if you do exactly what your suppose to do what is so excellent about that?.. that you didnt mess up what are you a C student, I expect excellence from the redskins with the way we all talk about them. Im not saying campbell is bad just that he hasnt proven anything and your yet to show me otherwise, the only game I really liked him was the giants game he really showed some poise and that he knew how to run an offense... hopefully the trend continues

armada our recieving core is at the bottom of the league hate to break it to you bud, go check it out.. and the Saints? how can you say they didnt to twice as good they went from an awful qb to an mvp, as well as an incredible draft... I never said a team had to be twice as good but reading that article just kinda made me realize we have to win twice the amt of games in a very tough division

Butz if you do exactly what your suppose to do what is so excellent about that?.. that you didnt mess up what are you a C student, I expect excellence from the redskins with the way we all talk about them. Im not saying campbell is bad just that he hasnt proven anything and your yet to show me otherwise, the only game I really liked him was the giants game he really showed some poise and that he knew how to run an offense... hopefully the trend continues

He proved all year that he can hang with the big boys.

His 5 losses:

Tampa- Betts fumble hurt us big time, probably cost us the game

Phila- lost by 2 points to a division winner

Atl- went up 14-0 and the coaches decided to stop running over samuels

St. L- Betts fumbled game away

Giants- Betts had key fumble in 1st quarter, and he almost came back from 27-7 vs a playoff team...not bad

Taylor fan why is it you only mention Betts fumbles but not campbells pick, why do you credit it all to jc that we were in that position... had nothing to do with us playing better team ball and betts getting us down the field every flippin time

Must I repeat the awful numbers of our receiving core once again... the only person who I give any leeway is moss for his injury, just let me know if youd like to see the numbers

NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING!

THIS IS NOT FANTASY FOOTBALL, THIS IS REAL!

wow, some people never learn...

jimster Ive done this argument as well but real quick, to correct you Brunell played only in two more games he passed the ball 53 more times... which would round to 27 attempts again which I would say is pretty avg... So dont fool yourself in thinking the whole plan changed

But the whole plan did change. When a first time QB goes in, you dumb down the offense. Look at the game by game stats. You'll see that the amount of pass attempts are similiar, but we ran the ball much more, which indicates substained drives, as opposed to Brunell's throw the ball out of bounds on 3rd down to kill a drive as someone else already alluded to.

Brunell understood the offense better last year, so Saunders felt comfortable having him throw the ball. Once Cambell went in, it was more throwing when we had to.

armada our recieving core is at the bottom of the league hate to break it to you bud, go check it out.. and the Saints? how can you say they didnt to twice as good they went from an awful qb to an mvp, as well as an incredible draft... I never said a team had to be twice as good but reading that article just kinda made me realize we have to win twice the amt of games in a very tough division

You just realized we need to win more games???

Taylor fan why is it you only mention Betts fumbles but not campbells pick, why do you credit it all to jc that we were in that position... had nothing to do with us playing better team ball and betts getting us down the field every flippin time

You expect a young QB to throw int's. You don't expect a running back to get caught from behind and fumble in field goal range in a tie game in the 4th quarter.

huh?

We ran the ball much more jimset because Betts can move the chains but he cant hit the homerun thats why we need to use our two headed monster to its full effect last year... and skins4me yea i did i thought the team that went 0-16 won the division... your so clever

A young qb is expected to throw a qb but a backup running back cant fumble hmm.. doesnt seem fair... and Butz you said campbell did what he was suppose to do i responded its in simple English maybe read it over a few more times ya C student(jk) I am a skins fan and do not feel hostility towards any of you but it appears you do towards me Im just arguing the facts rather then what i hope is going to happen this season

We ran the ball much more jimset because Betts can move the chains but he cant hit the homerun thats why we need to use our two headed monster to its full effect last year... and skins4me yea i did i thought the team that went 0-16 won the division... your so clever

B....from newbie to newbie....your digging yourself a hole. It's becoming clear you have no football background or knowledge at all.

Now wipe those tears from your eyes, read, pay attention, and learn something.

Passizle that argument is over and done with, and real quick pointer for you you might want to look at someone's member and join date along with how many times theyve posted before you call them a newbie, ya rook.. And I do like my team I want them to win, I just don't want another off season of were gonna be good cuz of this and that because guess what bud we havent been, oh yea and I have been reading this post for a year or two before I became a member

Look kid, just because you have been a member since 2004 does not mean you know about football or prefered ways of posting.

Hell, I have had an AMEX Blue card for five years. I never use it, hence I do not know much about its features, which in turn makes me a newb at it. Wouldnt you agree?

Argument is still not over for me. Explain yourself. Our entire offense was not very good for most of the season. You peg it on the receivers. Explain how they are the worst in the NFL. By NFL.com, we were 26th in the NFL in receiving. Pitiful, I agree. ut last time I chacked, there were 32 teams in the NFL. Correct me if I am wrong here.

By going through all of your post history, you seem very pessamistic about the Skins. Like I said before. Thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You are still not showing any proof for any of your statements. I lump you up with Westbrook36. He does the same thing. Only difference is that he is an Eagles fan.

Wait... Westy, is this you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMahoney

OK moss didnt juke he just burned by his man, and Jason threw an accurate pass that is to be expected of qb's hell even brunell has been able to heave the ball to santana on the fly route. And please stop trying to back up your point on the other play everyone in here knows cooley deserves all the credit for that play, if I remeber correct it was only about a 16-20 yd pass that cooley took off with

What's your point? Fact is Campbell had the presence to get the ball to a key playmaker in a position to make the play. Redkskins QB's in the past have built careers off of doing the same thing.

Thats what you originally wrote butz maybe that will help you

Must I repeat the awful numbers of our receiving core once again... the only person who I give any leeway is moss for his injury, just let me know if youd like to see the numbers

get off the numbers kick cause the numbers you threw out there for your beloved iggles weren't anything hot and don't even take into account westbrook in the backfield. look at it from a team perspective.

ask trent dilfer if you can see his superbowl ring and then call him a C student to his face...you might get a nice tattoo of his ring.

if you looked at the saints on paper before last year, they had a qb coming back from shoulder surgery, reggie bush was their only big draft pick b/c colston turned out to be the best surprise and nothing on paper, and their defense was very suspect.

You can't look at the WR Corps on an island and them claim that they are near the bottom of the league. It's a completely faulty statistical analysis. You're rating our WR Corps without factoring the play of the QB. You could have Owens, Ocho Cinco, Marvin Harrison, & Gates as your receivers............. if Brunell is the one taking the snaps, they wouldn't have good stats either.

Your statistical analysis of our WR's can only be characterized as faulty or, at best, incomplete.

The point about The Saints was simple. In August of 2006 not a soul on the planet thought they were twice as good. When the bullets were flying, however, they were more that 2 times better than they were the year before. Please re-read the title of your thread.

Mahoney. You're an imposter! I can smell it a mile away. You're not a Skins fan. And you're a JC hater! Give the kid a break. What is it about JC that you don't like? I bet I know what it is seeing that you're from Charleston...

How is it that numbers mean nothing can soemone explain this to me, only in very certain cases do numbers not count such as the hou game, ints in the end zone and such. A qb having better numbers with the exact same team does matter, this is a number telling of how the qb performed. Please show me some stats of great qb's that are bad, where the numbers as you say "lied" because I am yet to find one.

Numbers in this case don't tell the whole story. Brunell's game was lateral, and by the 4th quarter, teams were content to let them complete passes to the middle of the field. This helped to pad the stats, and help run the clock.

And while the numbers may be better, you have to keep in mind that Brunell was the veteran who got all the snaps with the starting receivers. Campbell had to try to develop QB/WR relationships on the fly. Not a bad job for someone with NO NFL game time experience AND learning his what, 5th or 6th playbook in as many years.

OK moss didnt juke he just burned by his man, and Jason threw an accurate pass that is to be expected of qb's hell even brunell has been able to heave the ball to santana on the fly route. And please stop trying to back up your point on the other play everyone in here knows cooley deserves all the credit for that play, if I remeber correct it was only about a 16-20 yd pass that cooley took off with

Actually, isnt that the play where JC headset failed and he called his own play in the huddle? That would mean he not only showed real leadership, he hit the TE right when he was supposed to. I gues Cooley threw the ball to himself AND called the play.

Get outta here. Your schtick is getting old already.

Kid wow you went there, I cant believe you would... Its funny how you try to talk down to me if you have read this thread I state them being the worst is a slight exaggeration excuse me 5 times are worst then us... and who said I pegged it on the receivers, what should I have done it to our awful rushing game? Now since you for some reason dont think I show proof yet everyone else gets mad at me because I go by the numbers what statement I said would you like to know more about that I didnt offer proof

Is it me? Or whenever I read a stupid post does it always seem to come from a newbee. I welcome newbs whole heartedly. I completley understand if a newb were to post something in the wrong forum, break rules or something to that affect. I did it when I was new. But I feel that you should know a little about football, or your own team before you post things like in this thread.

If you dont like the team... fine.

If you have doubts... fine.

But if you are going to make over the top comments, without backing it up with some proof... not fine.

Explain to me why you think we have the worst receiving core in the NFL.

Um he backed up why we have one of the worst recieiving cores with numbers. In fact, he backed up everything he said with numbers.

You all said Campbell threw the ball downfield more then Brunnell. He showed you that Brunnell had a higher YPA (yards per attempt) and YPC (yards per completion) then Campbell did.

And of course he showed us all how dreadful our wr core was and how even the lowly eagles had more production out of their wr's (with an old noodle armed qb may i add)

I do not see how you can see that he didnt back up his claims with reasoning and facts, it seems to me you are just looking for a reason to make him look like a fool but in effect you are making yourself look like one. Instead of crying about his post why dont YOU post some facts and information to refute his claims and perceptions.

Archived