Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the skins twice as good? (realist only)

BMahoney

Staylor I remember both those plays and in both circumstances moss and cooley are the ones who deserve credit lets be honest here... Wanna talk about numbers lying... i mean WOW bro, what am I smoking when I don't think JC should be credited for cooley breaking every tackle that comes his way, or moss juking and burning everyone in sight. so uh as I said JC was not a game changer last year, even though he has the ability to be one later in his career ( I Think alot of you are forgetting I am a skins fan)

Staylor I remember both those plays and in both circumstances moss and cooley are the ones who deserve credit lets be honest here... Wanna talk about numbers lying... i mean WOW bro, what am I smoking when I don't think JC should be credited for cooley breaking every tackle that comes his way, or moss juking and burning everyone in sight. so uh as I said JC was not a game changer last year, even though he has the ability to be one later in his career ( I Think alot of you are forgetting I am a skins fan)

LMAO! did u even watch the New Orleans game? Moss didn't juke anyone. JC lobbed it perfectly to him in the back of the endzone. And yes, Cooley did break 3-4 tackles on that play, but Campbell put it right on the money in a pressure situation

Passizle that argument is over and done with, and real quick pointer for you you might want to look at someone's member and join date along with how many times theyve posted before you call them a newbie, ya rook.. And I do like my team I want them to win, I just don't want another off season of were gonna be good cuz of this and that because guess what bud we havent been, oh yea and I have been reading this post for a year or two before I became a member

JC was the one who was able to get them the ball with enough room to make plays. That was the difference. Brunell would have thrown it out of bounds or to Betts in the flat...every f'ing time.

I don't know how much better our team is... but I do think we are better than last year. Jason Campbell will get his chance to start the entire year after working incredibly hard and learning the playbook... as will the rest of the offense be starting out with not only a quarterback who is young, hungry, and talented but he is mobile and can launch the ball downfield. After all of our new acquisitions our team has finally had a year together and are now that much closer to being a "unit" than last year. Our secondary was without Shawn Springs for pretty much all of last season and without any decent options at cornerback to fill in. Our safety position was brought down by a huge bust in Archuleta and had little strength on the bench to come out and support. Andre Carter finally turned on the engine towards the end of last year and can now be comfortable in the B & G. Kedric Golston is now over his rookie year and has a better understanding of the game, and London Fletcher has been productive in the league and is a great leader to coach the linebacking corps. So, I disagree with you... you may have no faith in our team and think we are still horrible (which is fine, becuase everyone's entitled to their own opinion), but I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as you think.

No way to tell in June whether we're twice as good as last year or twice as bad. Everything said now is hope, opinion an conjecture. Personally, I think that we ARE twice as good as last year.

But what do I know, I've said "we'll go 12-4 and I don't see how we lose the 4" every year since Joe Gibbs came back.:doh:

OK moss didnt juke he just burned by his man, and Jason threw an accurate pass that is to be expected of qb's hell even brunell has been able to heave the ball to santana on the fly route. And please stop trying to back up your point on the other play everyone in here knows cooley deserves all the credit for that play, if I remeber correct it was only about a 16-20 yd pass that cooley took off with

Actually instead of thinking that we need to be twice as good to go from 5 to 10 wins, in reality 22 pts (3 TD's - before I get a bunch of corrections - I assume one 2pt conversion is involved) also gets us there. 15pts. would have gotten us to 9 wins, another TD would have gotten us to 10. I don't think that's such a huge gap to overcome. Second season with Saunders directing the O, Campbell with a full offseason as a starter under his belt, a healhty Portis on board - 3 TD's over 2006 (even if the D isn't improved over last season - which is unimaginable) is defintiely doable.

Nace I thought you meant they actually lost more of their team, I was just unaware havent been keeping that many tabs on the g-men. As far as the hou game goes I have admitted that numbers can lie in very rare instances, but I watched all the same games yall did last season and Im showing you true numbers that IMO are not lies whatsoever lemme know what you think

i posted the houston stats while everyone else, yourself included, was commenting on them.

now, this might sound a little cheesy, but there is one thing that stats don't address above all others: receivers with big stupid smiles on their faces.

maybe statistically speaking brunell was better than JC last year (i am not conceeding that brunell had a better year at all here, i'm just saying that if the numbers say he did, then fine whoppideedoodaaa) but damn our receivers and rb's and linemen and d-line man and lb's and cb's and safetys and punters and kickers were freaking happy when the change was made. it's a sad thing for mark b/c he is the consumate professional and i like the guy, but when that qb was changed our team was happy, our fans were happy, the world was happy, left was no longer right and was left again, dogs were chasing cats instead of cats chasing dogs, bush...well bush was still in office but people were laughing at him again.

point being, team morale speaks louder than stats do. JC brought something back to the team the mark couldn't and things started opening up. sure, maybe he didn't connect as many long passes as he wanted to but moss knew they would get thrown, moss knew he could run under them instead of pull a hammy adjusting back for them, and so did defensive coordinators. and that's what makes a difference to a team, not all the stats you want to sit on but what makes the players tick and get up.

If my memory serves me, didn't Campbell call that play on his own when his radio went out when he could have called a time out but he had the poise to relax and call his own play and complete it in a pressure situation.

OK moss didnt juke he just burned by his man, and Jason threw an accurate pass that is to be expected of qb's hell even brunell has been able to heave the ball to santana on the fly route. And please stop trying to back up your point on the other play everyone in here knows cooley deserves all the credit for that play, if I remeber correct it was only about a 16-20 yd pass that cooley took off with

watch this video and see if it changes ur opinion about JC

Nobody knows how well any team will do this year in the NFL. Last year at this time we looked like we were sitting pretty coming off of two years with top 10 defenses, a playoff victory and only two starters lost, one who only started part of the year in 2005. Our D-line, particularly against the run was considered a strength, while our biggest worry was O-line depth.

Poof a few months down the road and quite a few injuries later we are stinking up the joint. The reasons we stunk are too many to count but a few of the major ones are (in no particular order)

6. Warrick Holdman

:laugh: Funny, but all too true.

If my memory serves me, didn't Campbell call that play on his own when his radio went out when he could have called a time out but he had the poise to relax and call his own play and complete it in a pressure situation.

your right, JC did call the play on his own

Sure Cooley gets credit....wtf....I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Sure Brunell made his share of throws....but the were few and far between. So far, that I can't allow him to be our QB anymore. Go JC.

it was also a play that was called by campbell when the mics went out instead of a burnt time out by brunell. and yes we did have a time out left and yes if we used it there we would have had a damn tough time picking up enough yards to set up for a fg without it at that point of the game. and more importantly than cooley making a good play great....the db's deserve some credit for two pi ss poor tackling jobs.

What's your point? Fact is Campbell had the presence to get the ball to a key playmaker in a position to make the play. Redkskins QB's in the past have built careers off of doing the same thing.

Nace I acknowledged that barber left i was unaware he was 90% of the team, and again those of you knocking brunell, HE HAD BETTER NUMBERS THAN JC

- Brunell started 3 more games then Campbell

- Brunell had more attempts than Campbell (playcalling)

Look at the individual games stats, you'll notice that after Campbell took over we ran the ball more, passed less. THAT is why it makes Brunell's numbers better. http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS

jimster Ive done this argument as well but real quick, to correct you Brunell played only in two more games he passed the ball 53 more times... which would round to 27 attempts again which I would say is pretty avg... So dont fool yourself in thinking the whole plan changed

Here are a few numbers for you that just must be lying:

-First lets talk about campbells 118 yds and a pick in the carolina game. Thats what helped us win? Or was it the defense getting two big picks at crucial points in the game.

-The new orleans game was one of the ugliest games they played all season, our defense if anyone deserves credit, but something telling me campbells 204 yds and no tds wasnt the real game changer.

Was last year your first year watching football? Do you truly not understand the concept of a QB getting his first taste of NFL action? Go take a look at the vast majority of QBs in their first year in action and see how they fared. Take a look at Troy Aikman's first year. Go take a look at Peyton Manning's. Go take a look at John Elway's.

Based on the illogical progression of your previous posts I am going to cut you off at the pass and point out that I am not saying that Campbell will be as good as these guys. My point is that Campbell by most reasonable expectations will get better with experience. And your assertion that he had worse numbers than Brunell is not a certainty. Brunell was better in some areas (completion %, QB rating, Int %) but he was worse in others. Campbell had a better yards per completion, better TD%. In two fewer games he had two more TD passes. He also showed some great feel in the pocket and did a good job avoiding the rush as witnessed by his 7 sacks in 7 games. After watching Brunell throw the ball away at the first hint of pressure and Patrick Ramsey turn right into the rush over and over and over it was a good sign.

And who the eff is saying that Campbell was great? He showed promise and got better as the year went along. His QB rating over his last three games, two of which were against playoff teams, was 87.54. But by all means keep looking at things in a vacuum and looking for the falling of the sky.

Taylor fan loved watching the clip and it always gives hope to watch a highlight reel, but fact of the matter is its a highlight reel... and I could make rex grossman look like an mvp through his highlights

just showing that a guy who has only played 7 GAMES, is already showing this much skill, is a great sign for the future..and the broken tackles and scrambles vs giants and bucs, brunell couldnt make if he knew it was coming

Archived