Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the skins twice as good? (realist only)

BMahoney

we have a great wr core when we have a qb that can get the ball to them! you can look at numbers all day long but they only tell half the story. the other half is watching what may affect those numbers and i think our inability to get the ball downfield last year had major impact on our recieving numbers. hell with all those dumpoffs and screens our wr's were just basically running backs because they were trying to get all their yards after the catch.

Twice as good doesn't mean twice the amount of wins nor does twice as bad mean double the number of losses. I get what you mean and I still feel like we'll be around .500 and anything better would be great. Our WR is not the worst in the league. I'd have to stamp that on many teams before ours. San Fran, Bucs, Chargers, Titans, Dolphins, KC, Raiders, Jets, etc. I'm not sure what their numbers were last year (and it doesn't matter b/c there have been many changes in some cases) but you're way out in left field with this one. I'd put us in the middle of the pack at WR for now. Campbell had no reps with the first team (prior to being named the starter) last year and he has had a TD pass in every start as far as I remember (someone just mentioned that somewhere). Yes, he threw the ball in the dirt some, but not accurate? He was pretty good considering the circumstances. We may be half of twice as good and still win 10 or 11 games. Conversely, we may be twice as good and have a mediocre season or a losing one at that. :2cents:

HTTR

In summary - the defense will be much better and will create an average of one more turnover per game. The offense will score an average of one more TD per game. So I am projecting that the Redskins will outscore their opponents by an average of 10 points per game over last season.

Does this add up to being twice as good?

Pease, there is no room in this thread for common sense, please follow along will you.

This has turned into a BMahoney against the world, with him thinking the world is with him. Look around Custard, the Indians are coming.

A team is only as good as it's weakest link.

Therefore, you have only these 2 questions to answer in the affirmative to like our chances this year:

--Will Landry be twice as good as Archuletta was last year?

and

--Will Campbell be twice as good as he was for his first 7 starts ever (or twice as good as a hobbled Brunell)

...I say yea, verily.

The real question is whether or not the Redskins were really as bad as they appeared to be in 2006.

If the Skins were indeed as bad as they appeared (particularly on the Dline) then the answer is a certain no, we are not twice as good now as we were last year.

But if the coaches and alot of fans here end up being correct and the Dline performance last year was an aberration and they return to form this year with Golston and Montgomery developing, Carter being more comfortable, Griffin healthy, and help from the additions in the secondary and London Fletcher then I think the Redskins are much closer to being a playoff quality team than they are to being a 10 loss squad.

Offensively, they are better. Campbell showed he was a better QB than Brunell last year in his first 7 starts with no prep time whatsoever. His play is only going to improve. Hopefully Clinton Portis' injury issues are behind him and thus we once again have a frachise back carrying the load for us. The real question on offense is left guard. I'm not convinced that Todd Wade can do the job there and that's scary because if Chris Samuels starts trying to compensate for a subpar performer next to him, that may lead to Chris making mistakes and getting Jason killed back there.

Archived