Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Verizon Fios

HokieJ

This is now available in my neighborhood in the Richmond area. Very tempted to dump Comcast for it as I have only heard great things about it. Anyone have it for TV and internet?

Got it and love it. With (3) boxes including 1 HD BOX and telephone and internet 119 a month. I was paying 90 a month for cable and internet alone.

Yeah I'm paying $128 for TV and internet plus another $35 for the phone, so monthly we're talking basically $165 and for all 3 it would go to $100.

Fios channels are all digital correct?

Yes that is what they claim and they have more HD content than Comcast. The tech that came to install it did a great job. Takes a few hours to set everything up but I am real pleased so far.

NFL Network HD is in their triple play package. (Noe NFL Network needs more HD shows)

Yeah NFL network HD is very lacking in HD content. I guess they will get more when the season starts.

I heard Comcast is moving NFL Network to their sports package soon too.

I had NFL Network HD during the season last year, they really do have very few HD content, mostly just the NFL Replays were HD.

Love my FiOS internet. The 15mbps package is lightning fast. Being happy with that im left wondering what the 30mbps package is like. As for TV, its pretty good. We made the switch about a year and a half ago and no complaints so far. Reception is solid, doesnt go out with bad weather and HD is pretty damn good.

I live in the Fan and was the first person on the block to get it. I love it. Great speed, never any issues with connectivity.

When I had Comcast it often was slow or plain didn't work during storms, rainy-time, etc....

I suggest getting it... and they now offer the FiosHDTV which I don't have because I get free cable.

My parents have it and they get more channels (plus hundreds of moives on demand) than I get and pay half of what I do. Comcast has a monopoly out in Morgantown and they charge an absolute obsurd amount for cable mine was abou $80 a month just for cable and extended cable.

I think my parents pay around $45 for fios.

5mbps is plenty!

I farking HATE comcast. I cannot wait until Verizon TV is in my area, because I'm dropping Comcast like a bad friggin' habit. :mad:

Is it really as fast as they claim? They want $40/month for it and it's hard to beat the triple play package (tv/cable internet/cable=$99/month).

I'd have to try it out first I guess.

Let me ask you a question - did the $99 triple play include HBO and Showtime, and an HD box? My mom got all that for $99, but when I called, they said it was going to be like $140 or something like that for all the extras - more than what I pay already. :mad:

I hate comcast.

Archived