Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five Months Ago Today.......

Blondie

in the end we all overestimated the flexibility of Marvin Lewis and the maturity level of some of the players on defense we are paying big money to.

on offense, I thought we needed to get a 60% completion, 3,000 yard season from Matthews with an equal number of tds/ints or better for the Skins to be competitive.

Matthews came up way short of those numbers. Indeed he showed why at age 32 he is probably going to spend the last couple of years of his NFL career holding for extra points :)

Wuerffel, even ignoring his lack of arm strength, doesn't seem to have the durability you need to see in your quarterbacks, even as a backup.

He got hurt on the first series against Tennessee and then lasted only 1.5 games later in the season before going down again.

Terrell is frequently in the right place to make a play, but for some reason he doesn't make it :(

So many times I have seen end zone shots where Terrell is right there to knock a ball down or go up and contest a pass and somehow gets beaten to the play by the receiver.

You look at his stats for a center fielder. Few if any interceptions, passes defensed or forced turnovers.

That's not good. Your free safety should be your playmaker deep down the middle of the field.

If you watch Brian Dawkins or Brock Marion you will see what a real free safety looks like. Speed to cover and the ability to bring a punch to a receiver to knock balls loose.

We haven't had that on the Redskins in VERY long time.

It is funny how the reality of the NFL can come crashing down on your preseason hopes and expectations. :stop:

I know I have been more critical than some fans on this board but it is just the decade of losing after of getting my hopes up in the preseason is finally getting to me.

I will still and will always be a fans and maybe things will go better in Year 2 of the Spurrier Era? :fortune:

Time enjoy the last two games vs. the 2 Texas teams and watch some Capitals Hockey! (which is just as frustrating as Redskin Football) What can I say, I am just a D.C. Die Hard!!!!! :D

Hmmmm well, Marvin's inflexability or flexability, ( Ohalate is starting), is kind of irrelevant here....not sure if that has anything to do with the success or failure or otherwise of the players picked in that thread. it's on them... now...back on topic. :D

Hmmm well, certainly can see why some of us are not making money as NFL scouts... now.....how about that 7th round pick? :silly::cheers:

initial instincts that Green at 5'9 and 168 was too small and didn't have good enough hands to make it at this level were correct.

enough of the summer was spent defending this guy by Gator fans that you came to believe that maybe we had overlooked something about him, some intangible that Spurrier could bring out.

And then he spent 10 weeks sulking on the sidelines with a bad attitude.

A lesson to trust your NFL instincts :laugh:

These ex-Florida players WERE as useless as we thought long-term and even short-term didn't provide that much relief :(

Back to the Swamp with you gators :D

Bulldog,

I agree Wuerffel appears to lack some durability, but give him his due. He lasted 2.5 games not just 1.5 :).

This team is definately not exactly where I thought it would be, but my views of where it would be were not too distant from where 7-9 would get us. I too figured Matthews would have to be good for 60 percent completion and 3000 yards for us to succeed and he wasn't close.

I figured if Ramsey got any extended playing time we would be a 6-10 team and we're seeing that as a serious possibility. Ramsey has exceeded my thoughts on where a rookie QB could be, especially one who missed time in camp, but, he's still largely responsible for the loss to the Packers and he had a major hand in the one to the Saints, even as he returned in that game to look good.

Archived