Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landy signing implications?

j_mwilliams

what many of the fans fail to see is that the Redskins, at the start and the end of the day, are a BUSINESS. Of course Taylor could be dealt or moved via free agency, just like Favre can at a certain point in his career. Let's face it, we'd all die to see Taylor elsewhere but what (to play devil's advocate here) if we rec'd a great deal as compensation with him parting? Every player has a price just like every player has a shelf life. I don't think you need 2 all-pro safties in one backfield to begin with but that's another rant I'll get on later.

That has happened "every offseason", has it? And Taylor's skipping the rookie symposium was as much an "issue" for the Skins coaches and FO as his being fined for not wearing the right color socks.

No, it was a significant issue for the coaches because the rookie symposium included important classes like not taking a baseball bat to a gun fight 101 and advanced stopping acting like a wanabee gangbanger homies in the offseason (which ST failed at Miami). He also missed out on the ever important physics of a loogie course offered at the symposium thus resulting in him miscalculating the trajectory of his spit in the Tampa game.

But you are right, ST is a pillar of the Redskin community.

You know what, although I would hate for that(eventually release Taylor) to happen, it is not impossible now that I think of it.

I am a fan of Taylor too. However, you know what they say it's not what you do, its the image you provide.

No matted how much we hate the media and don't give a rat's a** what they say, they still have some kind of effect to the decision of the industry.

You know what, although I would hate for that(eventually release Taylor) to happen, it is not impossible now that I think of it.

I am a fan of Taylor too. However, you know what they say it's not what you do, its the image you provide.

No matted how much we hate the media and don't give a rat's a** what they say, they still have some kind of effect to the decision of the industry.

What the hell are you talking about? If that were true, then TO would have been gone years ago.

The media doesn't affect the industry at all.

oh my lord shut up, Taylor is not an issue.. this is rediculous, people talk about sean even when there isnt anything to talk about. I think sean is actually coming into his own and I think he likes our organization and I think he knows that being with the redskins he will always have a fathe figure to keep him in line and I think he likes that. We may not be the most winningest team overall but I can say that we have some quality stand up guys, and taylor will be come a HOF'er with us. Gibbs has already dubbed taylor a leader and says the defense looks up to him because of how he plays.

So, I dont think there is any issue, besides maybe you own personal issue. Taylor is a good kid, no ones perfect and I can't stand to have peopl try and judge football playe just because their business is in the open. Put your dirty laundry out there so everyone can see it and then come talk to me.

I feel like I need to defend myself a little here. I apologize for the misspelling - honest mistake. Regardless of whether or not people here want to realize it - there are some issues regarding Sean Taylor. Missing rookie symposium, ATV incident, spitting, etc... Believe me, I am a diehard Redskins and I love what Taylor brings to the table but I was just raising a point to get everyones opinion. I thought that was what a messageboard was for... I would hate to see Taylor go, I hated to see Lavar go - but this is a business. I was also thinking about Goodell and how he is cracking down on off the field issues - even if there is no court conviction. Do you believe he would have had something to say when Taylor was going through the ATV incident? I mean these are things to think about and that was all I was trying to do.

:laugh:

I think he meant Rodgers...

Remember, this is ES, it is Rogers :doh:

But as far as Taylor going, it could be possible, if Gibbs is going back to serious Redskins football. But I dont think the first week missing out is such a big deal, stuff happens.

I was looking at the Redskins roster and currently there are quite a few safeties. I was just curious if anyone believes that the Landry signing may be the Redskins putting themselves in position to eventually let Sean Taylor go? It may be crazy - but a thought. Taylor seems to be "an issue" every offseason. Just wondering everyones thoughts....
OTA's are an optional choice for he players, coach Gibbs' has stressed the fact that he "trust his players off-season training regimen". Sean attended the second week of that segment and he showed up in tremendous shape and attitude.

It would be "idiotic" to assume that the Skins have intentions on "snubing ST."

The team has put into place a very dynamic tandem at the safety position, Sean playing "free" and LaRon at strong ( a position that Archuletta never handled) will definitely help to solidify the secondary.

With the return of Smoot, I think that Shaun Springs is the player most likely to be released. !!

Archived