Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Torrent stuff.

Art

I love oink.

Thats all I'll say.

Yeah, I was on there for years and then one day I log on and my user and pass stopped working. I had a pretty decent ratio, but I guess I got bumped for someone else.

I've often wondered if there was a safe way to share the 400+ Redskins game collection (from 70's to the present) I have with other fans. Intriguing idea.

I like what I'm hearing.

I only have the Superbowls XVIII and XXVI (Thx Archuletta40) on my computer, and they seed 24/7. I've got XXII, but it won't seed for some reason. I'm pretty much a newb at this like ART. When I figure out how to take a VHS and turn it into a torrent, I'll seed whatever you got, TARHOG.

uTorrent is great. I only have BitComet to compare it to, but it is far superior.

I've often wondered if there was a safe way to share the 400+ Redskins game collection (from 70's to the present) I have with other fans. Intriguing idea.

There should be absolutely no problem distributing the old games as a torrent(Legally), but I'm not sure about the newer ones. The NFL doesn't seem to mind as there are countless NFL clips and such on Youtube, Google Video, etc. But if I were really worried about getting in trouble, I'd ask someone with more knowledge about the NFL's consent stuff at the end of a game. I think you should do it.

The NFL hates their content being distributed... in fact they are beginning to crack down on official NFL sites, not allowing team websites (like Redskins.com) to archive content beyond 24 hours.

Incidentally, through public trackers I've gotten some pretty good games, including the whole 2006 playoffs, and all but 1 of the 2005 playoff games. Not to mention all of the Redskin games.

The thing is, old NFL games don't have great value to the average sports fan, beyond the sentimental portion. Sure it will be great in 5 years to re-live the rookie years of whoever turns out to be a star QB... but who in their right mind has time to watch all of that footage?

This is probably invaluable though to people who aspire to become a football coach or even a football broadcaster and expert. Through the Internet we have the same access as people like Ron Jaworski, John Madden, and other "analysts". The only thing missing is the coaches film...

• 6 months later...

Archived