Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Beach Blitz Experience 2007 (merged)

ldysknzfn1

I had a GREAT time at the Blitz Friday night was cold but the rest of the weekend was beutiful

quick story about today (Sunday)

for what ever reason Coach Gibbs called Cooley and Portis to the race last night so there were only a few guys still in town Vernon Fox Jared Clausen Coacj Gray Coach Blach Cedrick Golsten Dexter Manly and Gary Clark and because some of the notable guys already left and the fact there was not a HIGE crowd today these guys just walked through the crowd signing autographs taking pics

but the coolest thing was Dexter and Gary staying until EVERYONE havung what they wanted due to the fact the other guys had plains to catch and the event wasnt scheduled to be over until 4 pm got LOTS of pics of tailgate pep rally and foot ball challenge will post later

Real cool story. Thanks for sharing! I wish I was there this weekend, but unfortunatelly I live in Switzerland, which is thousands of miles away!!!

So thanks for sharing!!! I enjoyed it very much!!!

Andy

I had a GREAT time at the Blitz Friday night was cold but the rest of the weekend was beutiful

for what ever reason Coach Gibbs called Cooley and Portis to the race last night so there were only a few guys still in town Vernon Fox Jared Clausen Coacj Gray Coach Blach Cedrick Golsten Dexter Manly and Gary Clark and because some of the notable guys already left and the fact there was not a HIGE crowd today these guys just walked through the crowd signing autographs taking pics

but the coolest thing was Dexter and Gary staying until EVERYONE havung what they wanted due to the fact the other guys had plains to catch and the event wasnt scheduled to be over until 4 pm got LOTS of pics of tailgate pep rally and foot ball challenge will post later

Actually there were lots of players still in town. Betts, Sellers, Samuels, Cartwright, Fabini, Jimoh, K. Campbell....just to name a few. I was invited to a party at Samuels house after the club closed.....but was invited by a cowboy fan. Could not do it.

Gary Clark is a class act. And Riggins was very very nice to me Friday. I met Landry.......and no one recognized Jimoh. I have many pics.

CP was very nice to everyone Friday night......as was Randy Thomas.

Actually there were lots of players still in town. Betts, Sellers, Samuels, Cartwright, Fabini, Jimoh, K. Campbell....just to name a few. I was invited to a party at Samuels house after the club closed.....but was invited by a cowboy fan. Could not do it.

Gary Clark is a class act. And Riggins was very very nice to me Friday. I met Landry.......and no one recognized Jimoh. I have many pics.

CP was very nice to everyone Friday night......as was Randy Thomas.

I wonder why they didnt show up today at the pavilion because Betts Cawtright sellers and cooley were all scheduled today but only the ones I listed earlier were there anyway I met all of them yesterday at the tailgate party and speaking of Samuels he and Randy Thomas are the 2 funniest and all around nicest people and class acts on this team not saying they are the only ones but I eatched them most this weekend with the kids especially and I relized thats why I am so proud to be a redskins fan

I wonder why they didnt show up today at the pavilion because Betts Cawtright sellers and cooley were all scheduled today but only the ones I listed earlier were there anyway I met all of them yesterday at the tailgate party and speaking of Samuels he and Randy Thomas are the 2 funniest and all around nicest people and class acts on this team not saying they are the only ones but I eatched them most this weekend with the kids especially and I relized thats why I am so proud to be a redskins fan

Most left early this AM

More Pics...

100_0353.jpgMe & the SB trophies!

100_0334.jpgRandy Thomas

100_0415.jpgAde Jimoh & yours truly!

100_0399.jpg

Dexter Manley...So glad to meet him and get his auto...I know he thought I was a dufus..I kept saying.."I can't believe I'm talking to Dexter Manley! I can't believe I'm talking to Dexter Manley". He laughed and thanked me for coming..and me the dork said.."NO...thank YOU for coming here!" Yikes!

sure as heck beat my weekend :)

:cheers:

I second that

Nonetheless, I'm hearing mixed reviews about the event. Some said it was disappointing compared to the Blitz of 2006 while others said it was great. I'm guessing that the ones who were lucky enough to interact with the players were on the positive side of the spectrum....

Beach Blitz for me was amazing.

I got to go with my sister and it was absolutely amazing.

We are so much closer now... I didn't think it was possible to be more close to her but the Redskins helped with that so thanks guys**!

I agree with everyone on Randy Thomas... he was so nice and looked very good Friday night before the gala... our picture with him is hilarious though because we are standing beside him and you can still see half of his body above our heads... he was such a sweetheart though**!

We really enjoyed every event and fully plan on attending next year :logo:

for what ever reason Coach Gibbs called Cooley and Portis to the race last night so there were only a few guys still in town

And the reason Cooley/Portis got called by Joe to the race was to help lure Dale Jr. to race for Joe Gibbs Racing...

Now I know others will post way better stories than mine but I wanted to share a bit of my day with those of you who couldn't get here to VA BEACH this weekend.

No..I'm not a party girl and didn't go down for the tailgate party or the pep rally. And no..I'm not a rich girl either so I didn't do the gala event nor the golf game. I took the least expensive route to my Redskins, the $15 Football challenge. I don't regret it..not one iota.

I've never been to a game...never been to any of the appearances of my most fave team so this was a treat for me. I went alone and revelled in the atmosphere. Some of you may think..how boring is this chick? Well...I knew that I would spend most of my day standing in line for autos...I didn't mind..that's what I went for. I already know I can throw a football better than most men I know(really). And stand in line I did. But it wasn't bad. I got quite a few great sigs. Gary Clark..what a wonderful man! Kind..humble..and a smile that lit up the center. Rock Cartwright...nice young man. Mike Sellers...BIG dude...but pleasant and polite! Khary Campbell...very nice and handsome. Randy Thomas...ditto with the handsomeness and what a smile!

I met some really nice Skins fans. We talked and laughed and spoke of the good old days! What classy people! I took pic after pic after pic.

Good news for me..after standing in line for an auto from Ladell Betts(who didn't return in the evening hours)for about 2 hours...everyone in that line got free passes for tomorrow b/c Ladell couldn't make it back.

Now I know this story may be a bit boring for most of you..but for me...It was a dream come true! I have always wanted to meet players from my team and today was truly a day I will never forget. I recommend this weekend very highly. It had it's good and bad points...but if you know what you're coming for...it's not so bad.

I love this team and the guys I met and got sigs from today will be special to me always. Just wanted to share.:cool:

Sounds like you had a great time!! Wish I could have been there.

I am a single female who has season tickets and drives in from Cincinnati for home games. Let me know if you want to see a game this year and you can use my 2nd ticket.

Jackie

Just wondering what everyone thought on this past weekend at Virginia Beach? I happened to go on Saturday, and I was just delighted on how Gary Clark and Randy Thomas were with everything let me tell you they are some real down to earth nice guys. On the other hand you have Andre Carter who after his clinic on saturday was walking to his autograph session with only me by his side and he could not even acknowledge that I was there, I asked him for a signature while we walked and he refused.Sad thing is he has not even showed me anything in this past year for him to even be that snobby. L Betts I waited on him for three hours on saturday for him to be a no show and got free tics on sunday because of it only for him to be a no show on sunday as well. Portis I heard was there on Friday but that was the only day. But thats ok because again I meet a Redskin great in Dexter Manley on Sunday. On the real though if I would of only been able to make it on sunday I would of been real upset since only like 10 players showed up and they closed down like 2 hrs before schedule.

It probably sounds like I did not have a good experience but truthfully I did I was just a little dissapointed in some of the players I mean we after all are the ones spending all the money at the games yet some of them couldn't show up for even a freakin 30 min autograph session. One thing I was fortunate in doing was turning my girl into a Redskin Fan this is someone who is not interested in sports very much so at least that was accomplished.

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

Now I know others will post way better stories than mine but I wanted to share a bit of my day with those of you who couldn't get here to VA BEACH this weekend.

No..I'm not a party girl and didn't go down for the tailgate party or the pep rally. And no..I'm not a rich girl either so I didn't do the gala event nor the golf game. I took the least expensive route to my Redskins, the $15 Football challenge. I don't regret it..not one iota.

I've never been to a game...never been to any of the appearances of my most fave team so this was a treat for me. I went alone and revelled in the atmosphere. Some of you may think..how boring is this chick? Well...I knew that I would spend most of my day standing in line for autos...I didn't mind..that's what I went for. I already know I can throw a football better than most men I know(really). And stand in line I did. But it wasn't bad. I got quite a few great sigs. Gary Clark..what a wonderful man! Kind..humble..and a smile that lit up the center. Rock Cartwright...nice young man. Mike Sellers...BIG dude...but pleasant and polite! Khary Campbell...very nice and handsome. Randy Thomas...ditto with the handsomeness and what a smile!

I met some really nice Skins fans. We talked and laughed and spoke of the good old days! What classy people! I took pic after pic after pic.

Good news for me..after standing in line for an auto from Ladell Betts(who didn't return in the evening hours)for about 2 hours...everyone in that line got free passes for tomorrow b/c Ladell couldn't make it back.

Now I know this story may be a bit boring for most of you..but for me...It was a dream come true! I have always wanted to meet players from my team and today was truly a day I will never forget. I recommend this weekend very highly. It had it's good and bad points...but if you know what you're coming for...it's not so bad.

I love this team and the guys I met and got sigs from today will be special to me always. Just wanted to share.:cool:

You are the type of fan that I really enjoy hearing their reports regarding the "blitz", at no point were you negative and actually, I could envision your ecperience, I "thrived" through your eyes and I felt your adventure.

I also "love" the Skins, albeit we have endured some difficult times, yet, like yourself, we've never given-up.

Thank you for sharing your "BLITZ" encounters. !! :)

You can e-mail me at: samuel_c23456@yahoo.com

There was already a thread on this on the first page - its worth taking a quick scan before starting a new thread. When possible, try posting in existing threads. Seems like a little thing, but the forums get very cluttered with redundant threads when we don't enforce this.

I second that

Nonetheless, I'm hearing mixed reviews about the event. Some said it was disappointing compared to the Blitz of 2006 while others said it was great. I'm guessing that the ones who were lucky enough to interact with the players were on the positive side of the spectrum....

Yes..for me that was the case...I didn't go last year so I had nothing to compare it with. Most of the people I spoke with that did go last year..thought it was ok...some said it was more organized this year...they had 3 autograph stages instead of 1..that helped with the waiting lines...but then it was a crap shoot with whose sig you got.

I wasn't overly expectant so I wasn't disappointed..I'm a glass half empty person when it comes to things like this..:). For me...it was great b/c I've never met anyone affiliated with the skins much less players..so it was a treat for me...I will go again next year and see how it changes if they have another one next year that is

Hey! ldysknzfn got me Clarke's autograph! A real sweet lady she is! A GREAT friend! Thanks again GURRRRRRRRRL!

you're welcome ...my redskins work husband:silly: ...lol...co-workers ...you gotta love em. Besides only death & children are a good excuse when you live around here..:laugh:

Sounds like you had a great time!! Wish I could have been there.

I am a single female who has season tickets and drives in from Cincinnati for home games. Let me know if you want to see a game this year and you can use my 2nd ticket.

Jackie

OMG...how nice of you! I may just take you up on that. Would be a blast I'm sure.

Just wondering what everyone thought on this past weekend at Virginia Beach? I happened to go on Saturday, and I was just delighted on how Gary Clark and Randy Thomas were with everything let me tell you they are some real down to earth nice guys. On the other hand you have Andre Carter who after his clinic on saturday was walking to his autograph session with only me by his side and he could not even acknowledge that I was there, I asked him for a signature while we walked and he refused.Sad thing is he has not even showed me anything in this past year for him to even be that snobby. L Betts I waited on him for three hours on saturday for him to be a no show and got free tics on sunday because of it only for him to be a no show on sunday as well. Portis I heard was there on Friday but that was the only day. But thats ok because again I meet a Redskin great in Dexter Manley on Sunday. On the real though if I would of only been able to make it on sunday I would of been real upset since only like 10 players showed up and they closed down like 2 hrs before schedule.

It probably sounds like I did not have a good experience but truthfully I did I was just a little dissapointed in some of the players I mean we after all are the ones spending all the money at the games yet some of them couldn't show up for even a freakin 30 min autograph session. One thing I was fortunate in doing was turning my girl into a Redskin Fan this is someone who is not interested in sports very much so at least that was accomplished.

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

Well I went on Saturday and did the same as you..stood in line for Ladell...got the freebie pass. I didn't get Samuels ...was in the other line at the time..so no skin off of my nose. I imagine that the players were a bit stretched in this event. They had a tailgate party Saturday during the time of the challenge..plus they had a golf tourney as well...plus they had the dinner thingy on Friday I think...and a "pep rally" also...so I'm pretty sure they were tired and hung over(some of them..lol). Sunday was a bit drab..not many players..I only went b/c of the freebie pass..glad I did..since I got Dexter's sig and got to meet him...plus I got my co-worker an auto from Clark. I wished I could have gotten autos from the bigger names..but I didn't really expect to being I only went to the 15 buck venue. But I was satisfied with what I got. I wasn't looking for too much...so what I got was gravy for me. The bigger spenders got the real treats...and I understand some of the folks who went to the freebie parties got some good autos also. So it's a crap shoot for the most part. I had fun...met some nice people..players and fans...worth it in my book. Glad you had some positive experiences and I know what you mean by being disappointed by some not showing. It would have been nice to get Ladell's auto...but..maybe next time:)

I wasn't able to go until yesterday afternoon. My son did get Goldston and Gary Clark's autograph. Took a picture of him by the Super Bowl trophies. Got him

a new hat. Offerred to buy him a t-shirt or whatever, but he said all he wanted

was a hat.

Kind of quiet yesterday, but it was worth the money. Just for the quality time

my son and I spent together.

Hopefully next year, if schedule permits, will get over for Friday and Saturday.

The weather being bad friday night was actually a good thing, it enabled me to get all my autographs and enjoy the convention center indoor "events" friday night, i went to the convention center all three days, but spent most of saturday at the tailgate party and sunday at the virginia beach music weekend concert, i was really impressed with the atmosphere of virginia beach, people were friendly and the weather(except friday) was perfect. My main goal was to get Mike Sellers autograph and was lucky to get Riggo's friday night. Sellers signed a game worn jersey a got and since i could not stop talking about it the entire weekend, the people i went with, keep teasing me that i had a "mancrush" on him. He was very cool to meet and talk with and was great to all of the fans. I will be going next year.

The weather being bad friday night was actually a good thing, it enabled me to get all my autographs and enjoy the convention center indoor "events" friday night, i went to the convention center all three days, but spent most of saturday at the tailgate party and sunday at the virginia beach music weekend concert, i was really impressed with the atmosphere of virginia beach, people were friendly and the weather(except friday) was perfect. My main goal was to get Mike Sellers autograph and was lucky to get Riggo's friday night. Sellers signed a game worn jersey a got and since i could not stop talking about it the entire weekend, the people i went with, keep teasing me that i had a "mancrush" on him. He was very cool to meet and talk with and was great to all of the fans. I will be going next year.

Nice pics! And he was a great guy! I had good experiences with everyone I met. Clark is definitely a ladies' man! But the others were so nice. Good for you for getting what you wanted. That's pretty cool..so I'm guessing you didn't give the jersey back..:silly:

Archived