Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sean taylor mia theory

Stone Cold

understand this horse has been beated to death, but i didn't want this theory buried in the numerous threads on the topic.

it's rumored that st is unhappy with his contract. it's also rumored that the fo has been in talks w/his agent on an extension.

could taylor's absence be great business sense? i don't think the skins will restructure w/taylor until they have landry inked to a deal. this will make it easier to avoid signing landry for more $ than taylor...bad business.

taylor knows that a restructure is in the works and the last thing he wants is to risk injury in NON MANDATORY team workouts, thus jeopardizing the dollars about to be made.

i predict that the landry deal gets done sooner rather than later. this will put to rest many issues: no rookie holdout, facilitates the beginning of the st extension and he gets in to camp...both safeties are happy and ready for the season.

thoughts?

it's also rumored that the fo has been in talks w/his agent on an extension.

Not trying to call you out, but where did you hear this? I have not read or heard this anywhere. I know Gibbs said last week that they were working on a Cooley extension, but I have not heard of anything else.

Not trying to call you out, but where did you hear this? I have not read or heard this anywhere. I know Gibbs said last week that they were working on a Cooley extension, but I have not heard of anything else.
It was in the washington post article the other day.

pulled it from the following:

Taylor, Springs Are Early No-Shows

By Howard Bryant

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, May 9, 2007; Page E01

"Sources added that Director of Player Personnel Vinny Cerrato and Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had been in discussions in recent weeks regarding a contract extension for Taylor, whose contract expires after the 2008 season."

I like the way you think. You are such the optimist. Everything is going to work out fine.

wouldn't hold all that against me :)

i just find it curious that he's out and it's not because he's in miami working the "U" alums.

i'd like to think that st is savvy and a pretty smart dude. i do know that he loves the game of football and not being with his teammates can not be sitting well with him. there has to be something more to it than what we're told...hence, my theory.

taylor knows that a restructure is in the works and the last thing he wants is to risk injury in NON MANDATORY team workouts, thus jeopardizing the dollars about to be made.

i predict that the landry deal gets done sooner rather than later. this will put to rest many issues: no rookie holdout, facilitates the beginning of the st extension and he gets in to camp...both safeties are happy and ready for the season.

thoughts?

This is a good post. I hadn't thought about it like that. If they are actually thinking about doing an extension then this makes a lot of sense and ST who is not big on this nonmandatory workouts is probably doing the right thing regardless. Plus you know it didn't sit well with ST when they offered Archuleta all that money and are now about to give Landry his moneywhich will be like 15 mill guaranteed. They need to pay him and pay him the appropriate amount that would show him how much he means to this team.

Apart from any possible "character" issues, the Skins should use this season to determine whether S. Taylor can COVER before renewing any contracts.

i believe that st has already shown what he brings to the table for our team. i'd be very hesitant to don him with the safety that can't cover label. we shouldn't judge st's cover skills in a last season vacuum. st was often times the only db of merit in our defense. yes he took bad angles, yes he was often out of position and yes he missed multiple int chances while going for a big hit. all of these things are indicative of him trying too hard to compensate for a secondary that stunk.

i hope we pay him as if he is the best safety in the nfl...outside of ed reed. most of us thought this before last season...don't allow last season's performace cloud your memory of what he really is.

i believe that st has already shown what he brings to the table for our team. i'd be very hesitant to don him with the safety that can't cover label. we shouldn't judge st's cover skills in a last season vacuum. st was often times the only db of merit in our defense. yes he took bad angles, yes he was often out of position and yes he missed multiple int chances while going for a big hit. all of these things are indicative of him trying too hard to compensate for a secondary that stunk.

i hope we pay him as if he is the best safety in the nfl...outside of ed reed. most of us thought this before last season...don't allow last season's performace cloud your memory of what he really is.

Agreed, S.T. just had a bad year, along with the rest of the secondary, and shouldn't be labeled as the can't cover guy that title is saved for someone else (C.R.). Taylor is a freaking beast.

This isn't the first time he has been MIA on these practices so I'm not worried one bit, I believe it's just his way. The young dude is just out living it up right now doing his thing.

Cooley is at the OTA's, he's due for a pay raise as well. PAY COOLEY FIRST. Showing a team first attitude should put you first in line when it comes time for a pay raise. Only when there's money left over should you rework ST's contract. Any other order would send a bad message to the players that holding out puts you ahead of others.

Cooley is at the OTA's, he's due for a pay raise as well. PAY COOLEY FIRST. Showing a team first attitude should put you first in line when it comes time for a pay raise. Only when there's money left over should you rework ST's contract. Any other order would send a bad message to the players that holding out puts you ahead of others.

:applause:

Can't argue too much with that... Though I do think ST is more valuable, we need to show character and ethic gets paid first.

hmm. something about VOLUNTARY has me thinking he decided not to show up. He hasn't shown up before. big deal.

Picture yourself

Your boss asks you to come in on a saturday, but it's voluntary, so if you dont want to go, then you don't have to and no harm no foul.

what would you do?

everyone needs to chill out with these consipiracy theories.

Archived