Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All-Time Undrafted NFL Team

Dan T.

List of undrafted players who went on to have productive NFL careers:

ARIZONA CARDINALS: Kurt Warner, qb; Marcel Shipp, rb.

ATLANTA FALCONS: Brian Finneran, wr.

BALTIMORE RAVENS: Mike Flynn, c.

BUFFALO BILLS: London Fletcher, lb; Kelly Holcomb, qb.

CAROLINA PANTHERS: Jake Delhomme, qb; Nick Goings, RB.

CHICAGO BEARS: Adewale Ogunleye, de.

CINCINNATI BENGALS: Kevin Kaesviharn, s; Antonio Chatman, wr.

CLEVELAND BROWNS: Joe Andruzzi, ol; Phil Dawson, pk.

DALLAS COWBOYS: Mike Vanderjagt, pk.

DENVER BRONCOS: Rod Smith, wr; Matt Lepsis, ot.

DETROIT LIONS: Jon Kitna, qb.

GREEN BAY PACKERS: Samkon Gado, rb.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Adam Vinatieri, pk; Jeff Saturday, c; Gary Brackett, lb; Dominic Rhodes, rb; Nick Harper, s.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Priest Holmes, rb; Sammy Knight, s; Brian Waters, g, Casey Wiegmann, c.

MIAMI DOLPHINS: Olindo Mare, pk.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Pat Williams, dt.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: Larry Izzo, lb; Randall Gay, cb, Stephen Neal, g.

NEW YORK GIANTS: Antonio Pierce, lb; Shaun O'Hara, c; Jay Feely, pk; Jeff Feagles, p.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Michael Lewis, wr/kr.

OAKLAND RAIDERS: Bobby Hamilton, de.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: Jeff Garcia, qb; David Akers, pk; Hank Fraley, c; Greg Lewis, wr; Hollis Thomas, dt.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS: Willie Parker, rb; Dan Kreider, fb; James Harrison, lb; Jeff Reed, pk.

ST. LOUIS RAMS: Jeff Wilkins, pk.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: Antonio Gates, te; Eric Parker, WR.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Mack Strong, fb; Robbie Tobeck, c; Tom Ashworth, g.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Shelton Quarles, lb.

TENNESSEE TITANS: Drew Bennett, wr; Billy Volek, qb.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: David Patten, wr; Mike Sellers, fb; James Thrash, wr.

Some players are no longer with current teams listed, heres original post:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_446828.html

drowland, I'll add Jason Peters. He hasn't had the longevity yet - only 4 seasons. But he's been a starter for 3 of them, and was named All-Pro last season, so he's in.

With Peters, that gives us 78 players:

41 on offense

29 defense

8 special teamers

I think we'll cap the team at 80.

J-bomb, good list. Since we're low on defensive players, I'm going to add 2 defensive guys from your list to bring us to 80:

Defensive end Bobby Hamilton has managed to last 13 seasons in the NFL, with 162 career games, 102 starts, and 2 Super Bowl rings (with the Patriots). Undrafted out of Southern Miss, he's been with the Jets, the Raiders, New England, and now the Browns.

James Harrison, linebacker with Pittsburgh, was picked up by the Steelers after being undrafted out of Kent State. He's been in the league 5 years, and made All Pro in 2007.

So that's 80 players on the All-Time Undrafted NFL Team. Now, any nominees will have to bump an existing player.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
I think we have to edit Mike Nelms off of the 1st page there. Apparently he was drafted by the Bills in 1977. 7th rounder

You're right Jumbo, thanks. I'll take him off.

So we have a slot open on the 80-man team...

But people, please do a minimal amount of research to make sure the nominee was NOT drafted before putting his name out there...

WOW, Wes Welker was undrafted?!

Now he's a top 10 receiver in the league, incredible. I don't see how someone who was a standout in college goes undrafted - I guess the intangibles are often ignored vs. the measurables. He's a great player and great person.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Romo sits to pee over Delhomme definitely. I'd wait another year or two before adding Austin.

That's how I'm leaning.

How is Fred Jackson not on that list?

Undrafted from a Division III college...even has 'D III' below his eyes during games so opposing players know who just flew by them.

That's not a bad pick. But what running back do you bump?

I think the guys drafted before 1993 are the most impressive when you had 12 rounds. They changed it to 8 and then 7. I know we've added 4 more teams since then, but those early years still had a lot more picks. People like Romo sits to pee may have been drafted back them.

The rounds went even higher back in the day. I'm sure that scouting wasn't nearly as sophisticated or comprehensive back then as it is today.

• 3 months later...

Archived