Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cigar Aficionados Thread

ceviker

I totally agree on the V cutter. Back in the day I really liked a punch cut but today I think a larger cut is necessary. I am also into wooden matches. I try not to use anything that has fluid in it.

I just never really liked the V cutter - I really love my standard guillotene. As for lighters, I would never use anything but a butane lighter on a cigar. Some people gotta have the matches (and I respect that) but I personally love my Colibri.

Using anything besides a butane lighter is murder though for a cigar.

Smoked a Cohiba tonight and I must say I was dissapointed.

Not that it was a bad cigar - it was certainly a good cigar. But as much as I've read hype about it, I just don't think its worth the price.

It was a Cohiba Toro Tubo btw.

What's wrong with a big wooden match? I like to light my smoker and my cigar at the same time. :)

Haha, I didn't quite type the correctly. What I meant to say is that using any other lighter instead of a butane light is a crime. Nothing wrong with a wooden match - in fact, I know quite a people, such as yourself, who prefer the match over butane. Tomatoes, toe-ma-toes.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm curious, is there any way to actually get real Cuban cigars?

At 19 I doubt it. If you were a little older, and had a shop that you say went to all the time, chances are they could get one for you. There are places that get them, if that's what your asking. Outside of that, I get them in Mexico.

• 5 months later...

Mega bump.

So I've been thinking about getting my father something a bit different for christmas. Being an avid cigar guy and redskins fan, I thought about getting him a set or just a few Sonny Jurgensen cigars.

Has anyone that smokes cigars enjoyed an SJ9? Are they worth the price of $10 a pop? Are they good cigars?

Has anyone tried Graycliff's? I know they're a bit pricy, but I hear wonderful things about them

Very nice cigars,yes they are pricy, not to be smoked as your "everyday" smoke.

Has a smooth finish with a under tone of cedar in my opinion.

Where are those SJ9's sold at? Who makes them?

• 7 months later...

They'll be fine for a couple days outside of a humidor, LOD - unless you want to buy one anyway. :whoknows:

Lately I've been smoking a lot of CAO's - mostly Americas for the 4th, but the Bratalia is an amazing cigar. The Rocky Patel Decade lives up to the hype, but its pretty mild. I really enjoyed it though.

Archived