Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paid Surveys and testers

Ok so im a broke college student trying to make some money this summer, and although my intentions are to find a regular part time job somewhere this summer, i'v heard about getting paid to take surveys and to also test products. these kind of things seem too good to be true, so naturally im skeptical, but can these things be legit? anyone got any info?

Ok so im a broke college student trying to make some money this summer, and although my intentions are to find a regular part time job somewhere this summer, i'v heard about getting paid to take surveys and to also test products. these kind of things seem too good to be true, so naturally im skeptical, but can these things be legit? anyone got any info?

ODU sent an email out this week regarding this subject. I would expect that you need to spend A LOT of time filling out these surveys in order to make any money. You don't want to spend your whole summer on your computer do you?

ODU sent an email out this week regarding this subject. I would expect that you need to spend A LOT of time filling out these surveys in order to make any money. You don't want to spend your whole summer on your computer do you?

I would... man I love my computer... except I think my graphics card is overheating...

thats a good point, but i barely get any sleep, so i can see my self doing these things during the night, unless im out :chug:

Yeah there are groups that do that. My parents used to get called all the time by this one company that did that (can't remember the name unfortunately). I was called a couple times by them, but was only able to make it to one. They take you in this room (there were about 10 other people my age - 18 or 19 at the time) with a two way mirror, then just ask a bunch of questions about whatever they brought you there for. When I went the topic was about the ads in the Washington Post, whether we pay attention to them or not.

Easiest $50 bucks ever.....

Yeah there are groups that do that. My parents used to get called all the time by this one company that did that (can't remember the name unfortunately). I was called a couple times by them, but was only able to make it to one. They take you in this room (there were about 10 other people my age - 18 or 19 at the time) with a two way mirror, then just ask a bunch of questions about whatever they brought you there for. When I went the topic was about the ads in the Washington Post, whether we pay attention to them or not.

Easiest $50 bucks ever.....

hmm, the ones i'v heard about you can do from home through the internet, that would be the ideal situation for me.

I was desperate for a job one summer and I was immediately hired for the deli at a Shopper's in Gainesville. I did my job which was apparently more than anyone before me had done and they loved me for it. They didn't want me to get away. But after I had had enough of the rotisserie chickens and cleaning the fryers combined with the fact that they wouldn't let me take off for Jimmy Buffett on July 3, I quit that ****ty job and enjoyed my summer.

Long story short, grocery store deli's suck.

i'v never even heard of wegmans, i guess its a maryland thing, (im from arlington, va)

Wegmans kicks ***. I think my mother is obsessed with the place.

The employees of Wegmans are some of the most satisfied workers in all of business-dom. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

I used to do those survey sites. The way they work is that you log into their site and look for the surveys they need filled. If you match the demographic of a particular survey they're looking for, then you fill out the survey and usually get credited anywhere from $0.50 to $5 for each one that you fill out. The caveat is that even if you submit a survey, you'll only get paid if they pull your data and use it. Imagine 50,000 people filling out a survey when they only need a sample of 10,000....it's kinda hit-n-miss. Certain sites will tell you if they've met their quota for any given survey.

It's not really a very lucrative way to spend time on...it's more or less a fun thing to do that gives you a small return. When I was doing them A LOT, the most I'd rake in was $50 a month.

i'v never even heard of wegmans, i guess its a maryland thing, (im from arlington, va)

actually, there's only one Wegmans in maryland. there are two in VA, i worked at both of them. There's one in Sterling and one in Fairfax. Its from New York. anyways, it was an ok company to work for, but it went downhill when they started hiring a bunch of people straight from pakistan. those people were hard workers... at first. eventually they became so damn lazy and put all the work on the rest of us that it just became not worth working there anymore.

actually, there's only one Wegmans in maryland. there are two in VA, i worked at both of them. There's one in Sterling and one in Fairfax. Its from New York. anyways, it was an ok company to work for, but it went downhill when they started hiring a bunch of people straight from pakistan. those people were hard workers... at first. eventually they became so damn lazy and put all the work on the rest of us that it just became not worth working there anymore.

that sucks, how much was the pay though?

Wegmans kicks ***. I think my mother is obsessed with the place.

The employees of Wegmans are some of the most satisfied workers in all of business-dom. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

they won the fortune magazine #1 company to work for in America.

Archived